Comedian Tony Rock needs to slap his iconic brother Chris Rock....[Chris ain't treatin' his fam like Keenan Wayans treated his family]

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
That Top Five story is fucked up. If you didn't want your brother to be in the movie then don't invite him to be in it. :smh:

xjzQ7x.jpg

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fcuk Tony!!! Why do you think Tony has the name he has?

My brother did a short movie about his life where he played himself and had someone play me and our siblings. Apparently I am jealous of my brother based on what our in movie grandmother told him. So I KNOW brothers that have beef looks like!

Trying to compare them to the Wayans is not fair. What have we seen Tony in that says he can act? Tony seems like the dude that just expects life to be easy for him for some reason. If you listen to what Marlon and Shawn had to go through just for Don't Drink you Juice... Keenan put them to work! Damon hustled his ass off on the comedic circuit and writing rooms. And the Wayans are like 15 deep! You don't see all of them in Keenan's movies. Tony magically wanted to be a comedian...after his brother was successful at comedy. He's the cat that peaked in High School, spent all his time partying in college and dropped out. Too pretty to use your back and not smart enough to hustle to make a living.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

My brother did a short movie about his life where he played himself and had someone play me and our siblings. Apparently I am jealous of my brother based on what our in movie grandmother told him. So I KNOW brothers that have beef looks like!

Trying to compare them to the Wayans is not fair. What have we seen Tony in that says he can act? Tony seems like the dude that just expects life to be easy for him for some reason. If you listen to what Marlon and Shawn had to go through just for Don't Drink you Juice... Keenan put them to work! Damon hustled his ass off on the comedic circuit and writing rooms. And the Wayans are like 15 deep! You don't see all of them in Keenan's movies. Tony magically wanted to be a comedian...after his brother was successful at comedy. He's the cat that peaked in High School, spent all his time partying in college and dropped out. Too pretty to use your back and not smart enough to hustle to make a living.
Keenan allowed Marlon and Shawn to be on In Living Color so they could hone their skills, though. Did Chris Rock allow Tony Rock to be on the Chris Rock show so he could hone his skills?

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Damn, not a good look. Gotta say there might be another side to this story though. The Wayans were GRINDERS from day one. So that's a terrible comparison. Tony has not been in anything that I remember.

Spears is a pedophile bonafided bitch. So sharing the space, and telling family business like this on his show is akin to going on VladTV.

Bet they won't be talking anymore:smh: His life, his family, his truth, I guess.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Competition some don't like it when it comes to their siblings and just like in Chris Rock's show his brother Drew was more hipper,cool, and popular than him and a lot of that can carry over into their real lives.

It's the unwritten rules that you can't see but it's still there.

Sloboogie

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So this is where Tony kinda fucked up....

He thought that because Chris stated that he was putting him in the movie, that everything (information, scheduling..etc) was gonna come to him. In that industry, you have to be aggressive in obtaining the info YOURSELF and then just show up ready to go. It's not like a regular job (in many cases).

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
To be fair Kenan was the only one who put on his brothers, Damon never did and Marlon and Shawn were doing their own thing.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
Keenan allowed Marlon and Shawn to be on In Living Color so they could hone their skills, though. Did Chris Rock allow Tony Rock to be on the Chris Rock show so he could hone his skills?
spears has a point black hollywood just dont like to work with each other
i mean eddie did his shit and putting people on but even he exited for awhile
kevin hart has some funny people around him but i never seen one in his movies or shows

but then u look at adam sandler he let his people eat

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
like i said he said the opposite here
he wanted to do his own thing and didnt want to sigjn to chris rock manager etc
2min

@World B Free

Yeah overall, Tony sounds conflicted; he wants to do it on his own, but he's not going to turn down a film if his brother wants him in it. I know that's a difficult position to be in.

I remember Chris saying back in the day, even though he's an older brother...his brother Tony was always better than him just about everything in life: he's better looking, he could fight better, he was a better athlete, and one day, Chris thought, that Tony would be a better comedian. & Chris said this after all of his legendary specials; I guess comedy was the only thing that Chris was better than his younger brother in.

I appreciate the drop @keone

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Who knew?

Other than Tony Rock, Chris has two other brothers who are into comedy and acting: Kenny Rock and Jordan Rock...

Jordan Rock:

MEWXK6Y_o.jpg

The youngest of the family, Jordan Rock, was born on Feb. 10, 1991. Unlike his older siblings, Jordan grew up in Georgetown, South Carolina, after Rose moved the family there, according to The New York Times.

He later dropped out of high school and moved to Brooklyn at 18 to pursue his own dreams of comedy. “I grew up around comedy, watching my brothers. They are inspirations," Jordan told KSDK in May 2019.

Still, being Chris’ brother also came with challenges. “Sometimes I do wish my name was just Ronaldo or whatever,” he said to C-Ville. Jordan has also likened his relationship with his brothers to Beyoncé and her family, calling himself “the Solange” of the Rocks in a 2018 interview with From the OH.

In 2015, Jordan joined his big brother Tony on the road. One year later, he had his breakout role on the Netflix series Love. “I didn’t have [a big break] until that happened. I went to work and didn’t know what I was getting into,” he told KSDK. "It felt like a ride and I am amazed that it happened.”

This gig was followed by a part in Big Time Adolescence (2019), also starring Pete Davidson. Jordan also starred in Davidson’s Netflix special Pete Davidson Presents: The Best Friends.

Away from the cameras, he's connected more with his big brother Chris. “As I get older, I get closer and closer to him,” Jordan told C-Ville. “I’m trying to go places that he’s been before. He’s the person I can call and talk to and get reassurance that the game works a certain way.”

Kenneth “Kenny” Rock:

MEWXK6W_o.jpg

On April 16, 1979 — exactly 12 years after Andre was born — Rose and Julius welcomed their son Kenneth “Kenny” Rock. Like Chris and Tony, Kenny is an actor with film roles in Vesuvius (2018), Coincidental Killer (2016) and Hope a Brooklyn Story (2014). In 2016, The Sun News reported that he worked for Scholastic. According to his Instagram page, he is “the rebellious one of the Rock family.”

In June 2022, Kenny said in an interview that he boxed in his youth. He later won a celebrity boxing match against The Real World: D.C.’s Josh Colon.

Peep Chris Rock's other siblings:

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered

Chris always had to live in drew shadow. Now that chris made itdrew eanf to steal his thunder.

keone

International Member
Who knew?

Other than Tony Rock, Chris has two other brothers who are into comedy and acting: Kenny Rock and Jordan Rock...

Jordan Rock:

MEWXK6Y_o.jpg

The youngest of the family, Jordan Rock, was born on Feb. 10, 1991. Unlike his older siblings, Jordan grew up in Georgetown, South Carolina, after Rose moved the family there, according to The New York Times.

He later dropped out of high school and moved to Brooklyn at 18 to pursue his own dreams of comedy. “I grew up around comedy, watching my brothers. They are inspirations," Jordan told KSDK in May 2019.

Still, being Chris’ brother also came with challenges. “Sometimes I do wish my name was just Ronaldo or whatever,” he said to C-Ville. Jordan has also likened his relationship with his brothers to Beyoncé and her family, calling himself “the Solange” of the Rocks in a 2018 interview with From the OH.

In 2015, Jordan joined his big brother Tony on the road. One year later, he had his breakout role on the Netflix series Love. “I didn’t have [a big break] until that happened. I went to work and didn’t know what I was getting into,” he told KSDK. "It felt like a ride and I am amazed that it happened.”

This gig was followed by a part in Big Time Adolescence (2019), also starring Pete Davidson. Jordan also starred in Davidson’s Netflix special Pete Davidson Presents: The Best Friends.

Away from the cameras, he's connected more with his big brother Chris. “As I get older, I get closer and closer to him,” Jordan told C-Ville. “I’m trying to go places that he’s been before. He’s the person I can call and talk to and get reassurance that the game works a certain way.”

Kenneth “Kenny” Rock:

MEWXK6W_o.jpg

On April 16, 1979 — exactly 12 years after Andre was born — Rose and Julius welcomed their son Kenneth “Kenny” Rock. Like Chris and Tony, Kenny is an actor with film roles in Vesuvius (2018), Coincidental Killer (2016) and Hope a Brooklyn Story (2014). In 2016, The Sun News reported that he worked for Scholastic. According to his Instagram page, he is “the rebellious one of the Rock family.”

In June 2022, Kenny said in an interview that he boxed in his youth. He later won a celebrity boxing match against The Real World: D.C.’s Josh Colon.

Peep Chris Rock's other siblings:
Didnt know about Kenny. But Tony treated Jordan the same lol

keone

International Member
Yes. He did. Chris Rock directed the Will Smith produced All Of Us for UPN gave Tony a recurring role on tv to do exactly what you said
Was it Chris or will cause Tony gives will the credits not Chris. So maybe it was thing like explained in the vid that others pushed Chris to accept it. Cause will at the end of the day was the boss.

keone

International Member
Yeah overall, Tony sounds conflicted; he wants to do it on his own, but he's not going to turn down a film if his brother wants him in it. I know that's a difficult position to be in.

I remember Chris saying back in the day, even though he's an older brother...his brother Tony was always better than him just about everything in life: he's better looking, he could fight better, he was a better athlete, and one day, Chris thought, that Tony would be a better comedian. & Chris said this after all of his legendary specials; I guess comedy was the only thing that Chris was better than his younger brother in.

I appreciate the drop @keone
This what I dont get tho cause Tony is like 10 -11 years younger. I thought he was speaking about his other brothers.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
As SW-1 and background characters??? Marlon and Shawn had to go to school on Keenans dime. They had to work for their opportunities.

Find it really odd that Will Smith slaps Chris Rock. Tony makes a bunch of bits about him doing that to his brother, but now throws his brother under the bus as if Chris doesn't do anything for him. This cat just seems like an opportunist. No loyalties, just what he can talk about for 15min on a microphone.

keone

International Member
As SW-1 and background characters??? Marlon and Shawn had to go to school on Keenans dime. They had to work for their opportunities.

Find it really odd that Will Smith slaps Chris Rock. Tony makes a bunch of bits about him doing that to his brother, but now throws his brother under the bus as if Chris doesn't do anything for him. This cat just seems like an opportunist. No loyalties, just what he can talk about for 15min on a microphone.
Yeah i cant lie and say u wrong I had the same feeling. He did say at the end of the day its his brother so no matter waht its blood. But it does seem like he wanted to do that so Chris would see and give him props or something. But Chris told everybody to stand down and Tony was still doing shit when Chris told everybody to chill. At least till he talks about it.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Yeah, man, I feel you, all the bravado about his brother getting slapped now in hindsight looks like clout-chasing 101. All of a sudden he's being interviewed on all of these platforms, because they couldn't interview Chris about the slap. In sum, Tony benefitted from Chris getting slapped; I think Tony owes Will Smith a 'thank you'.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
spears has a point black hollywood just dont like to work with each other
i mean eddie did his shit and putting people on but even he exited for awhile
kevin hart has some funny people around him but i never seen one in his movies or shows

but then u look at adam sandler he let his people eat
Who has Spears put on? What is a Black Hollywood? Besides Tyler Perry, the Wayans and Oprah (who put a gang of people on) Who is on the level of a Adam Sandler? Spears is that cat that has burned so many bridges, but blames EVERYBODY else. He's actually worse than Corey Holcomb! Corey enjoys his lane, Aries HATES his lane and wishes he was further along. Hence the constant collabs he does with Virtually Lifting Anything Dark but shytting on every black comic that is successful

keone

International Member
Yeah, man, I feel you, all the bravado about his brother getting slapped now in hindsight looks like clout-chasing 101. All of a sudden he's being interviewed on all of these platforms, because they couldn't interview Chris about the slap. In sum, Tony benefitted from Chris getting slapped; I think Tony owes Will Smith a 'thank you'.
And dont forget he recorded a stand up with his own money. Which is dope. But he needed all the pub. Because networks didnt want it. This gave him a buzz

keone

International Member
Who has Spears put on? What is a Black Hollywood? Besides Tyler Perry, the Wayans and Oprah (who put a gang of people on) Who is on the level of a Adam Sandler? Spears is that cat that has burned so many bridges, but blames EVERYBODY else. He's actually worse than Corey Holcomb! Corey enjoys his lane, Aries HATES his lane and wishes he was further along. Hence the constant collabs he does with Virtually Lifting Anything Dark but shytting on every black comic that is successful
Nah lets not do that. U can feel about spears what u want but what he said is facts. Hell I even made a thread about. Will Smith just came out and said he didnt want to work with people cause he wanted to be number 1. Snipes said something similar about denezel. That shit is a real thing.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah i cant lie and say u wrong I had the same feeling. He did say at the end of the day its his brother so no matter waht its blood. But it does seem like he wanted to that so Chris would see and give him props or something. But Chris told everybody to stand down and Tony was still doing shit when Chris told everybody to chill. At least till he talks about it.

Just look at it like this. Without Googling or searching Youtube name or give the preface about a Tony Rock bit! Has ANYBODY seen Tony Rock live? He talks about being in this business for over 25 years I only know him from his brothers show!!! I can name a Charlie Murphy bit (finding out that his dog was gay) off the top of my head. Being the sibling of a superstar is hard and a very tightrope of hating and mooching. Tony just seems like that dude that was used to always being #1 and can't handle being irrelevant. That kid that peaked in high school went to college, but KEEPS COMING back to the high school they graduated from.

keone

International Member
Just look at it like this. Without Googling or searching Youtube name or give the preface about a Tony Rock bit! Has ANYBODY seen Tony Rock live? He talks about being in this business for over 25 years I only know him from his brothers show!!! I can name a Charlie Murphy bit (finding out that his dog was gay) off the top of my head. Being the sibling of a superstar is hard and a very tightrope of hating and mooching. Tony just seems like that dude that was used to always being #1 and can't handle being irrelevant. That kid that peaked in high school went to college, but KEEPS COMING back to the high school they graduated from.
Lol yeah I only know him to be Rock brother. Fight with Charlie Murphy and getting roasted cause he was kissing Kevin harts ass lol