Could or Should Steph Curry go for 100pt game?

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Curry is a efficient shooter not so much a high volume... In order to break over 60 you have to have the body to be able to shoot those many shots... Note for those who don't know, shooting a basketball take energy and shooting 30 shots can make your arms and legs feel heavy throwing your accuracy off..
As great as Curry is, if you notice he usually gets all his points in two of the four quarters in the game usually he paces himself to be strong in the 4th by not taking as many shots in the 3rd then hitting the bench at the end of the 3rd..
As much as we like to get on Kobe, one thing I will say is that is conditioning was as good as any player I have ever seen, because he is one of the few players who could hoist up 40 shots and still have his legs...
But back to the original question nah, Curry has a hard enough time getting past 45 to even think about 100..

This is the dumbest shit I have ever read in a long time got dam man:lol:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
John Stockon HOF

Clyde HOF

Malone HOF

Barkley HOF

GP HOF

Lakers staring 5 HOF

Delladova :puke:

Nick calathis :puke:

Pablo Prigioni :puke:

Jordan had Danny Ainge guarding him when he averaged 40+ in the Finals. :lol: Their centers wer 6'10 Mark West and 6'7 fat boy Oliver Miller. They were one of the softest teams defensively to ever play in the Finals.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
This is the dumbest shit I have ever read in a long time got dam man:lol:

I get it, on your planet it makes not sense... But let me say something I bet you, you would have no problems agreeing... The reason whey LeBron will never score over 58 or so, is because mentally doesn't have the mind to be a high scorer like that...
Now do you get it, LeBron has the body but not the mind set, and Curry has the mindset but not the body and stamina... Kobe on the other hand has both so he is better equipt to put up monster numbers if everything is falling right..

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I get it, on your planet it makes not sense... But let me say something I bet you, you would have no problems agreeing... The reason whey LeBron will never score over 58 or so, is because mentally doesn't have the mind to be a high scorer like that...
Now do you get it, LeBron has the body but not the mind set, and Curry has the mindset but not the body and stamina... Kobe on the other hand has both so he is better equipt to put up monster numbers if everything is falling right..

Curry has already proven you wrong by scoring 53 points in 36 minutes......so please stop.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Curry has already proven you wrong by scoring 53 points in 36 minutes......so please stop.
Fucking unbelievable..
worffrustrationpy0.gif

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Do you really need me to explain to you the concept of projection and diminishing returns for the billionth time..:smh:

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Do you really need me to explain to you the concept of projection and diminishing returns for the billionth time..:smh:

I won't explain projection nor diminishing returns to you but I will mention what we're speaking about for the second time to you. We're talking about the highest scoring games ever in NBA basketball. We're using Wilt, Jordan and Kobe as our benchmarks. Since those were "Great" games played by all those involved we have to "Imagine" what Steph would need to do to score 75+ points.

So while you're in your room on your white board imagining and projecting the diminishing returns, keep in mind that you're projecting Steph's greatest scoring game that you're calculating.

I'm done...

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
I won't explain projection nor diminishing returns to you but I will mention what we're speaking about for the second time to you. We're talking about the highest scoring games ever in NBA basketball. We're using Wilt, Jordan and Kobe as our benchmarks. Since those were "Great" games played by all those involved we have to "Imagine" what Steph would need to do to score 75+ points.

So while you're in your room on your white board imagining and projecting the diminishing returns, keep in mind that you're projecting Steph's greatest scoring game that you're calculating.

I'm done...

Look using your logic, why isn't DeAndre Jordan leading the league in scoring being that he leads the NBA with a .707 shooting % by your logic all he has to do is shoot more..:rolleyes:

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Look using your logic, why isn't DeAndre Jordan leading the league in scoring being that he leads the NBA with a .707 shooting % by your logic all he has to do is shoot more..:rolleyes:

Actually you're right, he needs to shoot more of the shots that has him shooting 70% so in theory you sir are correct.

Majority of his points are put backs and alleys so if he had 10 more of those a game I'm sure he'd be close to leading the league in scoring. Assuming he made 7 out of 10 of those shots.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Actually you're right, he needs to shoot more of the shots that has him shooting 70% so in theory you sir are correct.

Majority of his points are put backs and alleys so if he had 10 more of those a game I'm sure he'd be close to leading the league in scoring. Assuming he made 7 out of 10 of those shots.

Your honor, I rest my case..

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Dumbest shit I have ever read man:lol: Steph is a well conditioned athlete. And what makes this even dumber is going by your logic Lebron would have a hard time taking alot of shots because he is 255 plus lbs. The heavier and larger person would have more conditioning issues jumping than a smaller person.

You don't even believe the shit you just typed:lol:

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Most of DeAndre Jordans shots are assisted. Shots created by himself his percentage drops drastically. Terrible analogy

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Dumbest shit I have ever read man:lol: Steph is a well conditioned athlete. And what makes this even dumber is going by your logic Lebron would have a hard time taking alot of shots because he is 255 plus lbs. The heavier and larger person would have more conditioning issues jumping than a smaller person.

You don't even believe the shit you just typed:lol:

To get 100 points you have to shoot at least 65 times to be shooting around a 50% and make 28 ft... Curry body is not built to take those many shots and shoot at the same % he does while he is well rested..
Remember most good shooters, that shoot for a high % shoot more when they are hot and less when they are not.. You are assuming that when he doesn't shoot or when he isn't hot he could put up the same numbers he would when he is feeling it...:smh: If thats the case Curry would have more 50 pt games than he does..

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Also for you non ballers, yes its true that it takes more energy shooting in the paint, but consider this, its easier to be off with your jumper if you are just a little tired...
I've played games where shooting free-throws seemed hard due to fatigue..

Rel

BLK STAR & BLACK BUSINESS OWNER
Registered
dont see it happening he should get to 65 1st then well talk...

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
To get 100 points you have to shoot at least 65 times to be shooting around a 50% and make 28 ft... Curry body is not built to take those many shots and shoot at the same % he does while he is well rested..
Remember most good shooters, that shoot for a high % shoot more when they are hot and less when they are not.. You are assuming that when he doesn't shoot or when he isn't hot he could put up the same numbers he would when he is feeling it...:smh: If thats the case Curry would have more 50 pt games than he does..

More energy is spent driving to the basket than shooting a jumper. Also these are well conditioned athletes where putting up a high volume of shots ain't nothing. So stop with the dry hate because you sounding crazy fam. Curry has more 20 pt plus quarters than any body in the NBA. Having a 30 pt quarter is not unrealistic for Curry. That is only 2 more made 3s and two trips to the free throw line.

The only issue I see is would he get enough free throws to break 100. He would need to at least go to the free throw line 20 times

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
More energy is spent driving to the basket than shooting a jumper. Also these are well conditioned athletes where putting up a high volume of shots ain't nothing. So stop with the dry hate because you sounding crazy fam. Curry has more 20 pt plus quarters than any body in the NBA. Having a 30 pt quarter is not unrealistic for Curry. That is only 2 more made 3s and two trips to the free throw line.

The only issue I see is would he get enough free throws to break 100. He would need to at least go to the free throw line 20 times

Ok you guys convinced me... He will get 100 matter fact why don't you guys bet your check on it, with yor dumb asses...:smh:

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Also for you non ballers, yes its true that it takes more energy shooting in the paint, but consider this, its easier to be off with your jumper if you are just a little tired...
I've played games where shooting free-throws seemed hard due to fatigue..

Your picture is in the hand thread and you a fat nigga. You ain't played ball.

Lehigh

Rising Star
Registered
All these questions about the current NBA Champion. He should give y'all a hunnid on CHRISTMAS DAY. After that its gonna be something else. He comes from a great family with skills and pure hard work.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
All these questions about the current NBA Champion. He should give y'all a hunnid on CHRISTMAS DAY. After that its gonna be something else. He comes from a great family with skills and pure hard work.

Based on the finals numbers, LeBron has a way better chance of dropping 100 on them..

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Media turning this kat into Superman now...He's the greatest shooter, but not in the top 5 of greatest pure scorers:
1) MJ
2) Kobe
3) Wilt
4) Bernard King
5) Melo

In no particular order...

I'll put Steph in the top 5 over Melo. Steph has to be picked up as soon as he crosses half court. He's also a more efficient scorer than Melo and Kobe.

Not can he score 100 in a game. I don't think so. Around 75 to 80 but I don't see anyone dropping 100 in a game in the modern NBA.

Lehigh

Rising Star
Registered
Based on the finals numbers, LeBron has a way better chance of dropping 100 on them..

Okay . There are players in the league beyond Jordan and Lebron. Its the haters have been on 35 since He won . Steph mad light skin. His wife looks not black enough. His momma fione.as fuck bruh. Steph's family don't rep black America right etc. Dudes not just here back on that J Rose envious of Grant Hill's upbringing.

Steph you don't have to check for him. I'm glad the league put a brotha with a married father and mother at the front of their campaign. The majority fed into it and many of our folk take pride in doing well with no Father and coming from a single parent home which I don't get .

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Wouldn't it be cool, if you could put a troll on ignore and have it apply to all their usernames..:cool:

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Jordan had Danny Ainge guarding him when he averaged 40+ in the Finals. :lol: Their centers wer 6'10 Mark West and 6'7 fat boy Oliver Miller. They were one of the softest teams defensively to ever play in the Finals.

mark west was 1 of the best shot blockers in the nba that yr..has inkosi ever had to go up against 1 of the best shot blockers

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Steph can't do it because he's a shooter. To do it....its gonna take someone who gets 40 free throws or some shit to do that.

Listen, He's good...I ain't denying that
BUT YOU CAN'T TOUCH THE KID
Meanwhile Bron getting Hammered. I don't get it
Maybe cause Bron is Big he get no respect in the physical
aspect of the game? I don't know.....

Say what? LeBron shoots more free throws per game than Steph does. :lol: