Dancehall artist Shenseea is too damn fine to not have her own thread

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Nah feel it at all bro. Nah lie.

Culturally speaking, this making her local support lose some steam.
Some? Everyone I know saying she should leave that pussy hole and the nonsense with the baby mama. She better than that man.

tekwehuself

Immigrant Expat
International Member
Yeah looks of course. But music I meant, she trying to go the more yankee route with the music. Nah suh

Yeah man I know. Shenseea keeps the language authentic, but the visuals and themes going out of bounds. She going be in a spot where both pop and dancehall just see her as 'eh' and I think she is there already.

When I first saw her in this, I knew she got talent. Don't really listen much of her nowadays though.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
Yeah man I know. Shenseea keeps the language authentic, but the visuals and themes going out of bounds. She going be in a spot where both pop and dancehall just see her as 'eh' and I think she is there already.

When I first saw her in this, I knew she got talent. Don't really listen much of her nowadays though.

I agree. Her flow & lyricism are as raw as they get but she's threading in dangerous territory trying to get them mainstream spins

tekwehuself

Immigrant Expat
International Member
I agree. Her flow & lyricism are as raw as they get but she's threading in dangerous territory trying to get them mainstream spins

People love not just the sound, but the culture of dancehall.

Thats how a sean paul can still tour the world and still be loved and respected at home. Authentic language, and authentic themes stay true to the culture.

Shenseea did say she was bigger than dancehall in not so many words, and she got lots of pushback for that.

Trying too hard to get accepted will get you rejected.

Last edited:

Rudey

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Some? Everyone I know saying she should leave that pussy hole and the nonsense with the baby mama. She better than that man.
No, she is not. She is exactly where she belongs.
Stop thinking women are better than what they show you.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
No, she is not. She is exactly where she belongs.
Stop thinking women are better than what they show you.
Not sure what you're implying but what it looks like is she is with him cause he's a mainstream producer, and she is breaking into that scene that way. That's what I meant.

Rudey

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
and
Not sure what you're implying but what it looks like is she is with him cause he's a mainstream producer, and she is breaking into that scene that way. That's what I meant.
She is concerned with fame more than making quality music.
This is who she has become. I am surprised she is still around.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
342227389-1274155840185760-4264486601715316958-n.jpg
342392503-1277371519855365-5720401266156401761-n.jpg
342524590-1222522301965657-1284554502152423770-n.jpg