Debate: Was THIS the man who should have played Batman all along?

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I need you to do something with it.
I also need you to give me some hope by doing something with it.

And we can see how similar your script is to the show with Regina King. That would be fun.

I might release bits and pieces.
I used to do bits and pieces and just put it in other things. Like my BGOL of thrones and my BGOL civil wars stuff.

Gotta go for it the time is now i guess.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
A half Hawaiian batman? That's like the half samoan Rock playing superman. Not that I give a shit about either one, but u know white America is sensitive about that shit.

Dean Cain is half asian too...

Their racism is selective as f*ck

They should no longer be a concern

Reeves and Cain pass with no problems at all.

Rock half black/samoan and not passing for shit.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Reeves and Cain pass with no problems at all.

Rock half black/samoan and not passing for shit.

funny you say that...

cause I remember White folks were trying HARD to claim the Rock back in the day like Jeter.

And BEFORE him?

VIn Diesel WANTED to be the "everything" action star.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
LOL
Besides Beatlejuice one of my first Keaton memories was Johnny Dangerously. Trying to equate him with this over the top, sorta campy, comedic roles to Bats was a stretch for me, (but then again I lived for Adam West), but I believed the Tim Burton movies. I was a kid, but even rewatching them I still believed it. What really did it for me was the scene in the first one in Vales apartment when Bruce has to be 'Bruce' and he plays it off as crazy. He don't really know how to get the Joker out of Vale's apartment without being Batman and it's an awkward scene but on purpose. Anyone that can do that on purpose, has some chops in my book. But that duality was what I was looking for in Batman/Bruce, putting on the cowl vs. taking it off, and not knowing what to do when those worlds collide.

I don't claim to be an expert but my dad put me on comics a long time ago. I try to keep up where I can but this is what I do! This actually is the largest place I have where I can be a nerd. :D
That's my whole thing...the transition wasn't fathomable at all.:lol: *Adam West though? Ugggh.
Your Grace...:wepraise::wepraise::wepraise: blessed be thy father.:happy:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
LOL
Besides Beatlejuice one of my first Keaton memories was Johnny Dangerously. Trying to equate him with this over the top, sorta campy, comedic roles to Bats was a stretch for me, (but then again I lived for Adam West), but I believed the Tim Burton movies. I was a kid, but even rewatching them I still believed it. What really did it for me was the scene in the first one in Vales apartment when Bruce has to be 'Bruce' and he plays it off as crazy. He don't really know how to get the Joker out of Vale's apartment without being Batman and it's an awkward scene but on purpose. Anyone that can do that on purpose, has some chops in my book. But that duality was what I was looking for in Batman/Bruce, putting on the cowl vs. taking it off, and not knowing what to do when those worlds collide.

I don't claim to be an expert but my dad put me on comics a long time ago. I try to keep up where I can but this is what I do! This actually is the largest place I have where I can be a nerd. :D

sidebar..

I was REALLY reluctant to do that with my daughter...

but then I had to relent.

Can I ask how do think comics effected your relationship with your dad (if at all)?

And how it effected you as the adult you are now?

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
sidebar..

I was REALLY reluctant to do that with my daughter...

but then I had to relent.

Can I ask how do think comics effected your relationship with your dad (if at all)?

And how it effected you as the adult you are now?

Well it gave us something to bond over. Daddy was a big kid anyway so we watched cartoons all the time together and he would request the DC animated flicks and what not. In the age of Marvel we went to all the movies together since Iron Man 2. I didn't need it to enhance our bond, (same birthday), but it was nice to be able to watch them with him when I could only get moms out the house for Black Panther cause "it's all Black".

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Well it gave us something to bond over. Daddy was a big kid anyway so we watched cartoons all the time together and he would request the DC animated flicks and what not. In the age of Marvel we went to all the movies together since Iron Man 2. I didn't need it to enhance our bond, (same birthday), but it was nice to be able to watch them with him when I could only get moms out the house for Black Panther cause "it's all Black".

Thats beautiful.

Thank you for sharing

I was really opposed to sharing comics with my oldest because i thought it was a little too boyish or nerdy.

But she found it herself and her mom pushed and it has been great.

It made her a voracious reader too.

And now she writes her own and reads comics with kids in hospital and helps younger kids learning to read in the lower grades.

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thats beautiful.

Thank you for sharing

I was really opposed to sharing comics with my oldest because i thought it was a little too boyish or nerdy.

But she found it herself and her mom pushed and it has been great.

It made her a voracious reader too.

And now she writes her own and reads comics with kids in hospital and helps younger kids learning to read in the lower grades.

See?
The degenerate art brings people together! I love it!

A lot of people look down on comics throughout the years, more recently as a dying breed of art, and even still now as just junk. But it's not about that and if nothing Stan Lee has given us an insight as to how characters and the comics are meant to have some sort of deeper meaning. I got my daughter's first comic around here somewhere...it's up to us to keep little things like this going. No telling when the art of something - ANYTHING - is lost. #bigpicture

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
See?
The degenerate art brings people together! I love it!

A lot of people look down on comics throughout the years, more recently as a dying breed of art, and even still now as just junk. But it's not about that and if nothing Stan Lee has given us an insight as to how characters and the comics are meant to have some sort of deeper meaning. I got my daughter's first comic around here somewhere...it's up to us to keep little things like this going. No telling when the art of something - ANYTHING - is lost. #bigpicture

swoop1

Circle the wagons.
Registered
I might release bits and pieces.
I used to do bits and pieces and just put it in other things. Like my BGOL of thrones and my BGOL civil wars stuff.

Gotta go for it the time is now i guess.

Submit your movie to Script Pipeline. They even critique your final draft. I submitted a movie once. You get money for winning AND a potential movie deal.

Don’t forget to copyright your shit with Writers Guild Association. You can do it online.

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

First, Kevin Smith dresses the way we all want to dress 24/7, 365 - Comfortable
Second, Yes, they are Action Figures, not dolls
Third, Yes, I have turned down sex to play Breath of the Wild. In fact after I post this response I am going to play it again. Two years after it came out. And yes, Video Game scripts is a form of literature as well.

Point is, no one is expecting comic books to win a Nobel or a Pulitzer. But it is a dying art form, it is underappreciated, and most importantly - it continues to spark the imagination.

Black Panther for Best Picture.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Third, Yes, I have turned down sex to play Breath of the Wild. In fact after I post this response I am going to play it again. Two years after it came out. And yes, Video Game scripts is a form of literature as well.

Point is, no one is expecting comic books to win a Nobel or a Pulitzer. But it is a dying art form, it is underappreciated, and most importantly - it continues to spark the imagination.

Post of the year nominee

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Funny thing

Prominent award winning writers directors actors

Not only regularly mine comics for content and talent...

But for DECADES wanted to write comics themselves

many comics have won well respected writing awards.

So he is wrong on every level.

For all the bullsh*t he spewed over the years?

I have no idea why it took THIS specific thing for me to never watch him again. And i watched him since comedy central.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
A half Hawaiian batman? That's like the half samoan Rock playing superman. Not that I give a shit about either one, but u know white America is sensitive about that shit.
Well you have a Maori playing aqua man

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
where is Clooney?
Conroy?

&
NONE have seen Pattinson's performance as Bruce Wayne yet

Clooney kinda disowned that role and clowns it EVERY chance he gets

but they messed that up

and Conroy the goat and since he DID finally appear on the CW (I know YOU aint watch that) thats a major mistake

even though he is identified more as just the perfect voice to the general public

the Pattinson one is STRAIGHT BULLSH*T

and they also forgot the kid form GOTHAM

Mr. ISM

Official Ol' Head
BGOL Investor
tumblr_n4rk5zJaVt1tv4k5po1_250.gif

I hate that non-acting bastard.
In Replicas when his entire family died.
His reaction was in the most Keanuish monotone voice, "My daughter is dead. My wife is..."
FUCK KEANU REEVES!! FUCK JOHN WICK!!!
Those fight scenes were the worst. The stuntmen tried to make him look cool.
But he just kept fucking it up. No style, swag, machismo, nothing.
Looked on IMDB and it said, "John Wick: Chapter 4" 2021?
200.gif
tell us how you really feel son...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
My idea?

They should do the Flash movie

Team up style with cyb

Do flashpoint.

Merge the cinematic and tv universes

So you can fully incorporate the multiverse scenerio.

So ALL the movies happened.

Just not in the same universe.

So they can still do stand alone films

AND cheat...

use the Monitor use the Flash use Darkseid etc as the only constant.

Now you can do both bring back keaton and even afflack

But introduce legion of super heros justice league dark etc.

That way you can still make lower budget films specific to genres without messing any over arching story if you want to go that route.

Wintentiref!?!?!

@ViCiouS @largebillsonlyplease @godofwine
@ansatsusha_gouki

Yo ok there is coincidence but come on

Come on!

This is why Bills doesn't drop jewels anymore

Darkness's

Registered
Keanu doesn't have that Bruce Wayne look I don't know how the dude in the original tweet come to that conclusion

Darkness's

Registered
My idea?

They should do the Flash movie

Team up style with cyb

Do flashpoint.

Merge the cinematic and tv universes

So you can fully incorporate the multiverse scenerio.

So ALL the movies happened.

Just not in the same universe.

So they can still do stand alone films

AND cheat...

use the Monitor use the Flash use Darkseid etc as the only constant.

Now you can do both bring back keaton and even afflack

But introduce legion of super heros justice league dark etc.

That way you can still make lower budget films specific to genres without messing any over arching story if you want to go that route.
I like this. Since they are doing flash point they should also introduce the infinite earths theory to the big screen . I'm hoping Michael Keaton will be Thomas Wayne a d ruce got murdered in crime alley and batfleck gets erased from the timeline as a result of flash point. For supergirl kal dp's rocket never made it to earth and she woke up in the scout ship in Antarctica and became super girl. Matt reeves Batman is earth -3 Batman. It would make since that Keaton is Thomas Wayne I don't understand why warner decided to have a 60 year old Keaton return as Batman.