Deion Sanders offered the Colorado job- Official Colorado season thread

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
:lol: :lol:

Johnny Manziel Shreds Colorado QB Shedeur Sanders After Controversial Comments​

Former college football star Johnny Manziel calls out Shedeur Sanders after controversial comments.​

Sep 14, 2024 9:49 AM EDT
Former Texas A&M superstar Johnny Manziel appeared on the "Big Bets on Campus" podcast this week and didn’t hold back when discussing Shedeur Sanders' comments about blaming his offensive line for the team's poor performance during Week 2 against Nebraska.

Manziel, one of the greatest collegiate quarterbacks of all time, had a unique pre-game approach, combining a love for partying with impressive on-field results. But it worked.

During his two seasons with the Aggies, Manziel amassed 7,820 passing yards, 63 passing touchdowns, 2,169 rushing yards, and 30 rushing touchdowns.

Although Shedeur Sanders is undeniably talented, Manziel's insights, especially regarding the collegiate level, carry weight. Manziel was not impressed with Sanders' remarks about his offensive line.

"If I was an O-Lineman at Colorado, I'd be absolutely pissed. I mean I really just don't see how you do this." Manziel said, "I don't see how you come and throw your own guys under the bus that you're working with. Grinding with every single week. Week in and week out."
The Colorado Buffaloes lost the matchup 28-10, and Shedeur Sanders, who was the most sacked quarterback in college football last season, has already been sacked 6.5 times this year, with six of those occurring against the Cornhuskers.

Former Texas A&M Aggies quarterback Johnny Manziel.

Former Texas A&M Aggies quarterback Johnny Manziel.
Troy Taormina-USA TODAY Sports
Despite these struggles, Sanders, the offensive line, and the rest of the Colorado Buffaloes have a chance to rebound this week as they face rival Colorado State on the road. Last season, their matchup with the Rams went into double overtime, promising another intense contest.

^SpiderMan^

Mackin Arachnid
BGOL Investor
Folks very close to him (or who appeared to be)was telling him Colorado wasn’t for him, he could do better in other places etc…

talk dude into going be a walk on vs being held accountable in Colorado and coaches up.
Deion wanted dude to do great. He just had to follow Trav led but put his own twist to it.

But folks was in his ear, saying this and that

“Coached up”? What rookies from last year have developed? Dillon seems to be the most successful and he left. Many of the players that got cut or left are doing better than when they were with the team.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
“Coached up”? What rookies from last year have developed? Dillon seems to be the most successful and he left. Many of the players that got cut or left are doing better than when they were with the team.

I’m be the the freshman from last year that I’ve been impressed with over these two games is Carter Stoudemire. Dude was instant points last year. Up to this point he looked very good compared to last year.
I didn’t pay attention to the center Hank Z, so I’m not sure what he’s progression is looking like.

^SpiderMan^

Mackin Arachnid
BGOL Investor
Like who?

Hankerson is nearly matching all of last year’s yardage in 2 games this year. He has more yardage than all of Colorado’s RBs combined. Dillon is balling. Name a RB that Coach Flea has developed.

Van Wells is playing much better at Center than Hank. Prime asked Taylor Upshaw to leave last year and he had his best season ever at Arizona. Trevor balled at Safety before Prime got there. Unfortunately, Prime’s son plays safety so he made Trevor switch to LB where he is has not played well at all.

Prime and Shedeur are complaining about their line, but the current line all graded well in pass protection before they got to Colorado. Last year’s linemen had the worst seasons of their collegiate careers. Maybe it’s not THEM.

Nikko Reed was asked to leave but he was better than all but one of last years’ starters at CB.

Prime is coaching purely for his sons’ success. In the process, he is ruining other players’ careers.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Would Florida State call up Deion?

They're pathetic this year under Norvell

He might need to change up his tactics and go after high school kids...especially in Florida...but damn, he can't be worse than this shit. He's losing to shitty ACC schools and a basketball school

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Would Florida State call up Deion?

They're pathetic this year under Norvell

He might need to change up his tactics and go after high school kids...especially in Florida...but damn, he can't be worse than this shit. He's losing to shitty ACC schools and a basketball school

What wound be FSU's rationale?

"If we're gonna lose we might as well get paid for it". :roflmao:

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Colorado’s Ends have to contain better. Looks like that qb is going to scramble to his rt. They'll have to blitz bc the Ends aren't fast enough to contain him. At least those few plays the QB broke out. The defense is definitely better than last year.

On offense, the Oline is playing well. Adjusted well to a few Dline stunts. Keep it simple Prime and staff - play the #s and keep running the ball. If they stack. Max protect and get the 1on1 match-up for dinner.

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Ok so the game plan is to settle for shallow crossing routes. Prime doesn't want Shedeur to risk injury by extending plays??? This is the plan???

Really hope that they're not getting too conservative with the playcalling. They need to protect the QB better and run the ball. Establish an identity that gets the Oline to believe in what they can do well. I can see shallow routes to your better skill players and there are 3. Have to.get more creative.