Deion Sanders offered the Colorado job- Official Colorado season thread

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I’ve been told a number of times the short passes won’t work

But hey what do we know… He’ll I think the running game could work if they just be consistent on their approach.
It was just one game so I am not too concerned. Now if the things we have been discussing in the thread continues to manifest for a few more games then I say it is time to be worried. They can still make the playoffs and win a conference title so all is not lost yet. Other than a disappointing loss, they still have a lot to play for

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
It was just one game so I am not too concerned. Now if the things we have been discussing in the thread continues to manifest for a few more games then I say it is time to be worried. They can still make the playoffs and win a conference title so all is not lost yet. Other than a disappointing loss, they still have a lot to play for

Dawg its clear you just be saying anything.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dawg its clear you just be saying anything.
I just keep it 100. We can discuss what we see wrong and talk about what they should do or how we would like to see some aspects of the scheme change, without jumping ship.

I been through the rebuilds with my Miami Hurricanes so I understand the disappointments during a rebuild. Unlike previous season, 1 loss was the season. Now teams will get time to grow and become better while having an opportunity to make the playoffs.

My responses are just honest as I am a fan with realistic expectations. You can't win many games if your defense is giving up over 500 yards a game and dead last in defense like the Buffs were last season. So far the defense has improved 20 slots from 116 to around 85th. That's a start and moving in the right direction. No one goes from dead last to top 30 in one season.

To me a good season for the defense is finishing around 80ish and then in the top 50 next season

SWATLANTA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Colorado should beat CSU. Colorado State is coming into this game with the 109 ranked offense and the 116th ranked defense. Colorado States defense has also gave up an average of 546 yards passing a games.

So there is a lot of opportunity for Colorado to shake off the loss and get a win. The Buffs should be able to exploit their defense with the passing game. Colorado state is pretty good against the run but appears to be terrible defending the pass.

Now if Colorado loses this game, it will be a bad loss and could lead to a long season
No they haven't...Texas threw for 355 and ran for 190, Northern Colorado threw for 191 and ran for a little over 100. We have no idea about CSU and how good or bad they are due to the complete mismatch vs Texas (prob the most talented team in the country along with UGA and Ohio ST). I am far from a Deion fan and expect Colorado to win but I would not be surprised if the game is more competitive than expected.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member

Coach Prime calls up Aaron Donald to speak to The Buffs on the eve of the Rocky Mountain Showdown​

21K views · 11 hours ago..

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I think in practice they should run the ball every play… they have to develop that understanding in the linemen head :lol: :lol:
I'm watching the press conference right now and the reporter just said that "i think linemen like to run block more than pass block" and Coach Prime said "which linemen?...not ours" LOL

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
I'm watching the press conference right now and the reporter just said that "i think linemen like to run block more than pass block" and Coach Prime said "which linemen?...not ours" LOL

I’m be honest I kinda didn’t like have Tyler brown next to Jordan just seem to be to little of seat time….. but I had Nebraska bring probably one of the toughest matchups for them. It definitely reflected that.

Deion went give them linemen a few choice words on the sidelines. Dude took his headset off and everything.

I remember when the Colts draft Andrew Luck, seem like they got lineman and tightends. They approached seemed to be a heavy protection. I know folks say Deion just trying to get his son picked high and the Heisman(which is highly possible) he has to let the play caller know this ain’t it.

They have two bruising backs, but choose to have them running outta shotgun. I just think this put the back at a disadvantage.

Last edited:

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Naw you can’t, Nebraska was just more physical than them in bout game during Prime tenure. They went 1-1, with the corn.
I can’t say last year State was more physical. They could’ve improved but idk.
I tell you one thing, I’ve been itching to see some power I, that shit would be a completely different look.
They have 3 power backs, I’m not sure about a full back tho.

Do a little mix and match, my only concern is the comfort of these new age qb’s under center
You won’t see the power I. That’s an obsolete offense. I assume you are referring to a 12 personnel offense. Now a 12 personnel offense would be something they could run.

It would provide pass protection and more bodies in the run game without limiting passing opportunities

Ballatician

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You won’t see the power I. That’s an obsolete offense. I assume you are referring to a 12 personnel offense. Now a 12 personnel offense would be something they could run.

It would provide pass protection and more bodies in the run game without limiting passing opportunities
What’s up with Cormani McClain? He never got it together eh?

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Hayden and Welch are big body brushing back.

It’s sucks because you have a hellva qb and top notch wideouts, probably 6 deep
Hunter
Webster
Sheppard
O.Miller
Horn

Along with the freshman wideout miller, who got the first series( in the backfield) of the season against North Dakota(even tho people say Prime giving Charlie all the run)

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member

Folks very close to him (or who appeared to be)was telling him Colorado wasn’t for him, he could do better in other places etc…

talk dude into going be a walk on vs being held accountable in Colorado and coaches up.
Deion wanted dude to do great. He just had to follow Trav led but put his own twist to it.

But folks was in his ear, saying this and that

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He probably won’t be at Florida Long and will need to move to a school like UCF, Syracuse or down to FCS if he wants to see the field

But he is doing well at Florida and enjoying it there.

Last edited:

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Folks very close to him (or who appeared to be)was telling him Colorado wasn’t for him, he could do better in other places etc…

talk dude into going be a walk on vs being held accountable in Colorado and coaches up.
Deion wanted dude to do great. He just had to follow Trav led but put his own twist to it.

But folks was in his ear, saying this and that
No one told him to leave Colorado, I can say 1000% those rumors were false. He just didn’t like it their and never wanted to attend.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No they haven't...Texas threw for 355 and ran for 190, Northern Colorado threw for 191 and ran for a little over 100. We have no idea about CSU and how good or bad they are due to the complete mismatch vs Texas (prob the most talented team in the country along with UGA and Ohio ST). I am far from a Deion fan and expect Colorado to win but I would not be surprised if the game is more competitive than expected.

You right I was looking at the wrong column. But their defense still is terrible so the Buffs should get the win

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
What the fuck?!

Da fuck is wrong wit this crakkka? :angry:

LNgx1a.jpg

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Isn't this the game that Travis got hurt in last year? I would be lookout and honestly, i really wish they could play smashmouth football and run the ball down their throat. For someone that loves Saban so much, I'm surprised Coach Prime hasn't brought him in to help with some of these concepts.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member

How many people watched Colorado football vs. Nebraska?​

The Cornhuskers took a 28-0 lead over the Buffaloes into halftime and never looked back, but the national audience kept watching.​

BOULDER, Colo. — Despite a lopsided halftime score, the Colorado Buffaloes remain must-see TV.
The college football game between the CU Buffs and Nebraska Cornhuskers on Saturday averaged 6.3 million viewers on NBC and Peacock.
NBC said the game was its most-watched "Big Ten Saturday Night" game since the series debuted last year.
Nebraska led Saturday's game 28-0 at halftime before Colorado added 10 points in the second half.
CU head coach Deion Sanders addressed the media Tuesday ahead of this weekend's rivalry game against Colorado State.
The Buffaloes are preparing for a rematch against CSU head coach Jay Norvell and the Rams in the Rocky Mountain Showdown, which CU won 43-35 last year in double-overtime in Boulder.
The football contest between Colorado and Colorado State won't be held again until the 2029 season.

Future Rocky Mountain Showdowns​

• Sept. 15, 2029 - Colorado at Colorado State in Fort Collins
  • Sept. 14, 2030 - Colorado State at Colorado in Boulder
  • Sept. 17, 2033 - Colorado State at Colorado in Boulder
  • Sept. 16, 2034 - Colorado at Colorado State in Fort Collins
  • Sept. 19, 2037 - Colorado State at Colorado in Boulder
  • Sept. 11, 2038 - Colorado at Colorado State in Fort Collins

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Isn't this the game that Travis got hurt in last year? I would be lookout and honestly, i really wish they could play smashmouth football and run the ball down their throat. For someone that loves Saban so much, I'm surprised Coach Prime hasn't brought him in to help with some of these concepts.
Yea it was,

Trav befriended Blackburn after the game so it probably is ok…(not saying it can’t come from other players).

Man I’d love to see Colorado line up in that I formation. A couple post back I said power I, but I was thinking of I and go at them.

Sheppard and LaJohntay outside, smalls at tightend. Use the outside edge Green as the full backer and go at them fucks….

You still could pass but we running the ball down their fucking throats. Seem like that’s an attitude that is developed over time.

I love the idea then once them cats are tired, Shedeur do you for two plays then go back to running it

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yea it was,

Trav befriended Blackburn after the game so it probably is ok…(not saying it can’t come from other players).

Man I’d love to see Colorado line up in that I formation. A couple post back I said power I, but I was thinking of I and go at them.

Sheppard and LaJohntay outside, smalls at tightend. Use the outside edge Green as the full backer and go at them fucks….

You still could pass but we running the ball down their fucking throats. Seem like that’s an attitude that is developed over time.

I love the idea then once them cats are tired, Shedeur do you for two plays then go back to running it

Pat Shurmur talking about running the ball. I don't like the excuse of saying that they are still switching around linemen. They got linemen from the portal so at this point they should have people in place and just build consistency with what they have, but I'm not the coach.