Did anyone see this pink toe Break Dancing at the Olympics?

Bounty Killah

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ya know, it's funny how they try to break this down into some science and all this theoretical bullshit.

As I remember, the break of the song would "hit" and everyone would do their best moves (dance moves, that is).

Kool Herc noted people would go cray cray when the break would hit so he started running the break to keep the energy going

I don't know how it became all this other scientific shit. Look, I remember I was at a basement party in Brooklyn (mid 70's) and the break hit and Ilook down and this little ninja washing the floor like a nut. I was like WTF! :curse: :roflmao3:

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
Some of the dudes where good..the chicks horrid

They need to work on how it's presented

Niggaz can cry about all that culture vulture shit all they want..but that ship has sailed

To think yall were mad at drake while this shit was going on right under your noses lol!!

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member
Ya know, it's funny how they try to break this down into some science and all this theoretical bullshit.

As I remember, the break of the song would "hit" and everyone would do their best moves (dance moves, that is).

Kool Herc noted people would go cray cray when the break would hit so he started running the break to keep the energy going

I don't know how it became all this other scientific shit. Look, I remember I was at a basement party in Brooklyn (mid 70's) and the break hit and Ilook down and this little ninja washing the floor like a nut. I was like WTF! :curse: :roflmao3:

Floating, windmills and backspins were mesmerising back them. I remember the time all too well. I was on Sedgewick in 83 going to 143. The Cazal, Bubble Goose and Fat Lace era.

neoafrican

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The silver medalist was a brother from France.

They need to make it so the audience can explicitly follow scoring, like a TV screen UI showing move types completed.

To me the biggest challenge for the “sport” aspect is that there is only so much “originality” on display before we see either randomly spasmodic moves that only judges can decipher, or a clear repetition of popular power moves, gestures and sequences from previous Olympics - literally becoming a repeating gymnastics routine - a floor exercise.

I could basically tell who was winning in each round I watched. But I was arguing with the fam. Everyone had a different opinion.

Overall I liked it though.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I saw the clips but I also saw great breakdancing

China fought to make it an Olympic sport.

Ain't nobody fucking with them technique wise .

But China out here looking stupid as fuck .

They denounced hip hop when it was considered

An American thing...by American I mean the True Americans.

Not the johnny come lately hybrid Americana...

Who is currently evolving the dance game into creative rhythm so a lot of imposters will be stumped.

Drunk ain't deàd kniggas...

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
And honestly breaking will never come back, but also basketball needs to be heading out too.

That mens final was a joke yesterday. They talked about folks getting hot and saving the 4th quarter, but this was never in doubt. The silver medal team had their best player literally stolen by team usa, who already has a big advantage in players. Its never going to be competitive because even if another nation gets good who is to stop team USA from taking their best talent in the future with an NBA contract, a white chick, and some mixed "citizen" kids to sway them? The olympics should be about competition, not a bunch of millionnaires shitting on guys making thousands at most. Harlem globetrotters vs Washington Generals mess.:smh::smh::smh:

Goingmark40

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
overral we enjoyed it once you got past the viral girl......lol. it was interesting hearing the music these countries were breaking to and how after 40 years it actually seemed like they break slower but more technical. but the questions of how a brother or sister from the u.s. and how in the hell the viral girl made it to that point remains. ...lol