Notorious P.I.M.P.

Rising Star
Platinum Member
ALSOBROOKS-Angela-Alsobrooks-12-3-2018-by-Robert-Roberts.jpg

Angela-Alsobrooks-001.jpg

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Who's she running against? And is it red or blue?

It's a fact that attractive people have an advantage but I'm not familiar enough with the state to comment.

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I live in PG County where she currently is the County Exec. She running for the Senate because she is term limited and her next political move would have been to run for Congress or Governor, but Steny Hoyer and Wes Moore have those jobs locked up for probably the next eight years. She did an okay job as County Exec but she and County Council members didn't do enough to curb run away building by developers.

Her biggest challenge will be voter turnout because Maryland still has major pockets of racism and voters in P.G. and Montgomery Counties will have to come out in numbers that will overwhelm the inevitable white backlash. She also will face stiff opposition in the primary from left leaning candidates David Trone and Jamie Raskin if he decides to jump in..

I met the woman during her initial run for office and challenged her on the huge amount of campaign contributions she received from developers and of course she said she would not be influence by them if elected. Her record in that regard has been mixed but compared to the record of compromised do nothing ex-Councilman Derrick Davis she has not been a rubber stamp for them.

Finally not that it should really matter, imo she is not a dime piece but she definitely is a petite attractive articulate classy competent sistah and she's got my vote if she makes it through the primary. :hmm:

TheBigOne

Master Tittay Poster
Platinum Member
She’s a cute little lady with a great political record, running to replace the Jewish Senator in a strongly democratic state. She jumped in the race because she’s term limited and wants to scare other players out. The question is will Jamie Raskin or Kweisi Mfume get in the race. Right now, she’s chasing Trone, who can write unlimited checks to his campaign.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I live in PG County where she currently is the County Exec. She running for the Senate because she is term limited and her next political move would have been to run for Congress or Governor, but Steny Hoyer and Wes Moore have those jobs locked up for probably the next eight years. She did an okay job as County Exec but she and County Council members didn't do enough to curb run away building by developers.

Her biggest challenge will be voter turnout because Maryland still has major pockets of racism and voters in P.G. and Montgomery Counties will have to come out in numbers that will overwhelm the inevitable white backlash. She also will face stiff opposition in the primary from left leaning candidates David Trone and Jamie Raskin if he decides to jump in..

I met the woman during her initial run for office and challenged her on the huge amount of campaign contributions she received from developers and of course she said she would not be influence by them if elected. Her record in that regard has been mixed but compared to the record of compromised do nothing ex-Councilman Derrick Davis she has not been a rubber stamp for them.

Finally not that it should really matter, imo she is not a dime piece but she definitely is a petite attractive articulate classy competent sistah and she's got my vote if she makes it through the primary. :hmm:
So she's for big business. Well, how does that help regular folks? It probably hinders their opportunities, huh? Black faces on white economic bodies isn't progress.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
She’s a cute little lady with a great political record, running to replace the Jewish Senator in a strongly democratic state. She jumped in the race because she’s term limited and wants to scare other players out. The question is will Jamie Raskin or Kweisi Mfume get in the race. Right now, she’s chasing Trone, who can write unlimited checks to his campaign.
Sometimes you have candidates whose entire existence is to prop up big business. They all have the same agenda but they use different faces to be obfuscate the point: someone has to lose in a zero-sum game. Why would any black person play that game? Have they not learned from the Native Americans? Do we need cities to be relabeled as reservations for us to get the point?

The Catcher In The Rye

Rye-sing Star
Registered

Mfume endorsed her already, according to her website.

KoolJay

Vidi Veni Vici
BGOL Investor
Ayoooooo, did you say "Dime Piece"??? LOL.... She is FAR from a Dime..... She is like 7 cents.. And 6 of the cents comes because she is the commissioner of one of the Richest Black counties in America. She is actually not doing a bad job. I've met her a couple of times at the VFW up the street from da crib, she does carry herself like she is a political figure, not really approachable and she is gonna let you know that she is smart...

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So she's for big business. Well, how does that help regular folks? It probably hinders their opportunities, huh? Black faces on white economic bodies isn't progress.

Not fair to label her as being for unbridled big business. I was concerned that might be the case before she was elected but she has demonstrated her community first bona fides by putting the clamps on companies trying to dump warehouses, gas stations, chicken and fast food restaurants, liquor stores and the like in or near communities whose residents bought their homes with the understanding commercial development of that type would not be allowed.

A specific case in point, Amazon tried put a massive warehouse in one community thanks to a gutless in the pocket of developers Councilman Derrick Davis who tried to ram through a zoning change that would have allowed companies like Amazon to set up shop in close proximity to a purely residential area. After public outcry Alsobrooks stopped the project cold much to the dismay of self serving Davis. Make no mistake Alsobrooks is a politician but so far she seems not to be a corrupt one imo.

Politic Negro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not fair to label her as being for unbridled big business. I was concerned that might be the case before she was elected but she has demonstrated her community first bona fides by putting the clamps on companies trying to dump warehouses, gas stations, chicken and fast food restaurants, liquor stores and the like in or near communities whose residents bought their homes with the understanding commercial development of that type would not be allowed.

A specific case in point, Amazon tried put a massive warehouse in one community thanks to a gutless in the pocket of developers Councilman Derrick Davis who tried to ram through a zoning change that would have allowed companies like Amazon to set up shop in close proximity to a purely residential area. After public outcry Alsobrooks stopped the project cold much to the dismay of self serving Davis. Make no mistake Alsobrooks is a politician but so far she seems not to be a corrupt one imo.
Do you think if Raskin runs it'll be a wrap or does she still have a fighting chance?

Last edited:

The Catcher In The Rye

Rye-sing Star
Registered
I live in PG County where she currently is the County Exec. She running for the Senate because she is term limited and her next political move would have been to run for Congress or Governor, but Steny Hoyer and Wes Moore have those jobs locked up for probably the next eight years.

Eight more years of Congressman Randolph Duke???

Last edited:

God's Gift

The best of the majority of you niggas.
BGOL Investor
I'm all for her.... Seemed like a concerned and passionate woman when I met her while working for Bowie. Definitely a spinner for a man my size.

Leatherf7ce

Phantom of the Chakras
BGOL Investor
Initially I thought she’d do great (we went to same HS, don’t know her personally as she has a decade on me) but meh… her move isn’t a surprise, i don’t think she’ll win becuz of pretty much what Ron said above. Those doing the worst in pg ain’t fans. Rent is stupid high, places where blacks were the majority is now primarily latino- they not gonna vote for her

I like Wanika Fisher tho if we taking local politics. She’s a weird looking lil midget but about what she says

And y’all think she pretty? Y’all niggas is old. She like a 6 outta 10 where we at

Politic Negro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Initially I thought she’d do great (we went to same HS, don’t know her personally as she has a decade on me) but meh… her move isn’t a surprise, i don’t think she’ll win becuz of pretty much what Ron said above. Those doing the worst in pg ain’t fans. Rent is stupid high, places where blacks were the majority is now primarily latino- they not gonna vote for her

I like Wanika Fisher tho if we taking local politics. She’s a weird looking lil midget but about what she says
Just looked her up

The Catcher In The Rye

Rye-sing Star
Registered
Baltimore County Executive Johnny Olszewski Jr. announced Monday he will not run to succeed U.S. Sen. Ben Cardin, a Democrat, who said earlier this month that he would not seek reelection in 2024.​
Olszewski threw his weight behind Prince George’s County Executive Angela Alsobrooks, who announced her campaign last week.​
“Washington needs a new generation of leadership,” Olszewski said. “And when we elect Angela Alsobrooks, we will have another champion who will build upon the incredible legacy of Senator Ben Cardin, continuing to deliver not just for the Baltimore region, but for the entire state and nation.”​

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Do you think if Raskin runs it'll be a wrap or does she still have a fighting chance?

Raskin has the benefit of national exposure while Alsobrooks is not well known outside of P.G. County so realistically if I had to bet I'd put my money on Raskin to win the primary and the general as well.

The Catcher In The Rye

Rye-sing Star
Registered

According to her campaign, Alsobrooks has received more than 40 endorsements since announcing her campaign on Tuesday of last week, including from U.S. Rep. Kweisi Mfume, state Treasurer Dereck Davis, Baltimore State’s Attorney Ivan Bates and a list of state lawmakers, most of whom represent Prince George’s County.

Todd Eberly, a professor of political science and public policy at St. Mary’s College of Maryland, said the endorsements were a smart strategic move and have created a narrative of the Maryland Democratic party uniting behind Alsobrooks.

“That’s a pretty well-oiled machine,” he said of Alsobrooks’s campaign.

peterlongshort

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Raskin has the benefit of national exposure while Alsobrooks is not well known outside of P.G. County so realistically if I had to bet I'd put my money on Raskin to win the primary and the general as well.
PG has a well oiled machine right now. Braveboy will take her spot. Once Moore drops that endorsement it’s a wrap.

nworba

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That she's a dime piece or a cutie is not something you can say out loud! Just yet!