Dime piece Black Woman Angela Alsobrooks launches U.S. Senate bid

peterlongshort

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Chicken and the egg? Has he not endorsed yet because he wants to back a winner?

Not sure how much he owes her for her early endorsement of his campaign... But it was notable that he was not one of her out the gate endorsers.
He didn’t need her endorsement. Moore is a once in a generation candidate. Alsobrooks is a gifted politician. If he gets on board it’s done.

TheBigOne

Master Tittay Poster
Platinum Member
PG has a well oiled machine right now. Braveboy will take her spot. Once Moore drops that endorsement it’s a wrap.
If she runs a campaign like Moore's, she will win. He started off with like 8% in the polls, but always ran like he was the frontrunner. He had a tremendous fundaising operation from day 1, and had a decent amount of money himself. Interestingly, the center of politics in Maryland has changed in the last 10 yerars from Baltimore to PG, Montgomery and Baltimore Counties. I'm thinking that Calvin Hawkins will take Angela's place in the next election. Interesting thing about PG is that she has no history of raising big money since developers are prohibited from contributing to county candidates (goes back to the sordid history of black politicians in a county full of rich Black folks).

BTW, I think she's cute as fuck, but too little for me. But, she is very smart.

iu
iu

peterlongshort

Rising Star
Platinum Member
If she runs a campaign like Moore's, she will win. He started off with like 8% in the polls, but always ran like he was the frontrunner. He had a tremendous fundaising operation from day 1, and had a decent amount of money himself. Interestingly, the center of politics in Maryland has changed in the last 10 yerars from Baltimore to PG, Montgomery and Baltimore Counties. I'm thinking that Calvin Hawkins will take Angela's place in the next election. Interesting thing about PG is that she has no history of raising big money since developers are prohibited from contributing to county candidates (goes back to the sordid history of black politicians in a county full of rich Black folks).

BTW, I think she's cute as fuck, but too little for me. But, she is very smart.

iu
iu
You know what you are talking about. We shall see.

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
PG has a well oiled machine right now. Braveboy will take her spot. Once Moore drops that endorsement it’s a wrap.

Well oiled machine??? Puleeeze!!! P.G. County residents pay more taxes than any other jurisdiction in the State including the wealthy Montgomery County yet receive less in return for their tax dollars. Lousy roads, lousy schools, litter everywhere, overbuilding without accompanying infrastructure and a 60% piggyback tax on top of state income tax to name just a few glaring deficiencies. Thank goodness for term limits that eventually rid the residents of corrupt, developer bought, do nothing Council members like Derrick Davis.

I agree Braveboy has a good shot at succeeding Alsobrooks; whether she'd be better or as good remains to be seen. Btw Alsobrooks is toast if Jamie Raskin jumps in the race to succeed Ben Cardin. If fact she's have a hard time defeating David Trone in the primary. She had her eye on running for Governor which is the natural next step after being County Exec, but Wes Moore has that job locked down for the next eight years and old ass Steny Hoyer ain't going anywhere. :hmm:

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

According to her campaign, Alsobrooks has received more than 40 endorsements since announcing her campaign on Tuesday of last week, including from U.S. Rep. Kweisi Mfume, state Treasurer Dereck Davis, Baltimore State’s Attorney Ivan Bates and a list of state lawmakers, most of whom represent Prince George’s County.

Todd Eberly, a professor of political science and public policy at St. Mary’s College of Maryland, said the endorsements were a smart strategic move and have created a narrative of the Maryland Democratic party uniting behind Alsobrooks.

“That’s a pretty well-oiled machine,” he said of Alsobrooks’s campaign.

She's toast if Jamie Raskin decides to jump in the race to succeed Cardin. Imo Alsobrooks would have a difficult time even defeating left leaning David Trone in the primary. Remember this will be a statewide election for Senator and most of the endorsements she's received mean little to those living outside of Prince Georges County.

TheBigOne

Master Tittay Poster
Platinum Member
She's toast if Jamie Raskin decides to jump in the race to succeed Cardin. Imo Alsobrooks would have a difficult time even defeating left leaning David Trone in the primary. Remember this will be a statewide election for Senator and most of the endorsements she's received mean little to those living outside of Prince Georges County.
Another reminder that Ben Cardin isn't just the Democratic, liberal Senator from Maryland. He is one of several, and perhaps the chief, JEWISH senators. Strong defender of Israel. There will be a lot of Jewish money and pushing for Raskin to get in the race.

peterlongshort

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Well oiled machine??? Puleeeze!!! P.G. County residents pay more taxes than any other jurisdiction in the State including the wealthy Montgomery County yet receive less in return for their tax dollars. Lousy roads, lousy schools, litter everywhere, overbuilding without accompanying infrastructure and a 60% piggyback tax on top of state income tax to name just a few glaring deficiencies. Thank goodness for term limits that eventually rid the residents of corrupt, developer bought, do nothing Council members like Derrick Davis.

I agree Braveboy has a good shot at succeeding Alsobrooks; whether she'd be better or as good remains to be seen. Btw Alsobrooks is toast if Jamie Raskin jumps in the race to succeed Ben Cardin. If fact she's have a hard time defeating David Trone in the primary. She had her eye on running for Governor which is the natural next step after being County Exec, but Wes Moore has that job locked down for the next eight years and old ass Steny Hoyer ain't going anywhere. :hmm:
I meant that politically they are a well oiled machine. Relatively little infighting and they stay on code in Annapolis. I agree the taxes are out of control though. And tell us how you really feel about Derrick Davis? :roflmao2:

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah I definitely will be following this....Met her a few times and she seems solid, but that's all I really know...

I wonder how the people of Cheverly feel about her? That little area always had a strong hold on politicians in the past and they usually are a good who has a good chance of winning...

I wonder how my boy Senator Harrington is doing....I wish he would have ran for a bigger office because he was always a solid dude....

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Another reminder that Ben Cardin isn't just the Democratic, liberal Senator from Maryland. He is one of several, and perhaps the chief, JEWISH senators. Strong defender of Israel. There will be a lot of Jewish money and pushing for Raskin to get in the race.

I agree and as much as I respect Raskin my fear he would be one of those Israel First, America Second politicians like Chuck Schumer, Brad Sherman and Diane Feinstein especially as regards Israel's despicable treatment of the Palestinians.

Last edited:

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
I agree and as much as I respect Raskin my fear he would be one of those Israel First, America Second politicians like Chuck Schumer, Brad Sherman and Dian Feinstein especially as regards Israel's despicable treatment of the Palestinians.
Can you imagine if Obama had said "what about Kenya"? Yet for some reason politicians can talk about Israel like its a part of the US...yet if you dare try to mention how certain people have more power than others, your professional career is over in an instant

I will vote for her unless there are some glaring red flags and so far I dont see any

The Catcher In The Rye

Rye-sing Star
Registered
If she can get Wes Moore on board she would be the front runner.
Once Moore drops that endorsement it’s a wrap.

Moore threatens ‘step in’ on Senate race​

Gov. Wes Moore (D) isn’t saying who he’ll endorse in the race for U.S. Senate. He is being clear about the type of campaign he wants to see.

The decision by Sen. Ben Cardin (D) not to seek re-election has several Democrats either declaring they are running or considering a run. Moore said he doesn’t think the field of candidates is settled yet.

Moore said several candidates for the position have spoken to him about the race to succeed Cardin. He described many of the declared and potential candidates as “legitimate friends.”

So far, he isn’t publicly backing any candidate.

“I think that the people who have opted to go into this race thus far, are really good, really qualified,” Moore said. “I think some of the people who have come to me and said they’re still contemplating it, they are really good and really qualified.”

Moore’s comments were in response to questions that followed a luncheon address to the National Press Club. The governor’s speech focused on what he called the “myths” of violent crime coverage. As part of those remarks, he made veiled swipes at Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) and implored journalists to re-think how issues of urban crime are reported.

The governor did not rule out the possibility of making some kind of endorsement. He added that he may also feel the need to make his voice heard if he’s unhappy with the jockeying to succeed Cardin.

“The thing that I’ve said to each and every one of them is that I’m going to be staying close and paying very close attention,” said Moore. “I want this to be a race that is going to be substance-based. I want this race to be issue-oriented. And I want this to be a race that’s positive. And if I see any inclinations that it’s not going in that direction, I will step in and quickly.”

:puzzled:

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
Alot of these black politicians are handpicked by WS because of their treachery to us. I hope she turns out differently, just keep your expectation low.

I have learned to counteract their tactics from years of experience.

The Catcher In The Rye

Rye-sing Star
Registered
This dude Trone is really trying to buy the seat. His campaign is literally 99% self-funded. Do the math, literally 99%!!!!

And 78% of the 1% that isn't from him is from AIPAC, a racist anti-Palestinian group! He really might be the worst Democratic candidate in the country!

Maryland’s Democratic primary race for U.S. Senate is barely underway, but Rep. David Trone (D-Md.) has already dramatically outspent the field, new campaign finance reports show.
Records show that Trone, co-owner of the multibillion-dollar alcoholic beverage retailer Total Wine & More, has spent $4.8 million on the 2024 race so far ... Trone, who has funneled millions into his House races, has lent himself $9.7 million since April and raised another $108,000, leaving $5.3 million remaining in his account. The Trone campaign has sent mail statewide and aired biographical television ads.
The three-term congressman has vowed to rely on his own resources and small-dollar donors, promising not to take money from any political action committees, lobbyists or corporations. However, he reported that $84,500 of the money he raised was from donors bundled by a website run by the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, known as AIPAC, a pro-Israel lobbying committee.
“We are showing Marylanders from Oakland to Ocean City and everywhere in between that I’ll be a Senator who listens to them, understands the issues they face, and will be ready on day one to make a difference in their lives,” Trone said in a statement.
The spending sum is nearly three times what his closest competitor raised in the first seven weeks of her campaign, overshadowing an otherwise aggressive fundraising haul.
Alsobrooks (D) took in $1.7 million, according to campaign finance reports, and spent $392,000, leaving $1.3 million in the bank.

KoolJay

Vidi Veni Vici
BGOL Investor
I live in PG County where she currently is the County Exec. She running for the Senate because she is term limited and her next political move would have been to run for Congress or Governor, but Steny Hoyer and Wes Moore have those jobs locked up for probably the next eight years. She did an okay job as County Exec but she and County Council members didn't do enough to curb run away building by developers.

Her biggest challenge will be voter turnout because Maryland still has major pockets of racism and voters in P.G. and Montgomery Counties will have to come out in numbers that will overwhelm the inevitable white backlash. She also will face stiff opposition in the primary from left leaning candidates David Trone and Jamie Raskin if he decides to jump in..

I met the woman during her initial run for office and challenged her on the huge amount of campaign contributions she received from developers and of course she said she would not be influence by them if elected. Her record in that regard has been mixed but compared to the record of compromised do nothing ex-Councilman Derrick Davis she has not been a rubber stamp for them.

Finally not that it should really matter, imo she is not a dime piece but she definitely is a petite attractive articulate classy competent sistah and she's got my vote if she makes it through the primary. :hmm:
you nailed it Pimpin.... I did a motorcycle charity ride and she slid thru with the PG Police Chief.. She could have done more development like my man, Jack "put the check in your bra" Johnson, but she hasn't done a bad job. She is super petite, and wears wayyyyyyyy to much makeup like it's caked on and I don't think she needs it.

The Catcher In The Rye

Rye-sing Star
Registered
From the front page of Google results for “obama, buttigeg reminds me”:

Many many more examples where that came from. There have been cheap impersonations of Obama before and there will be more to come.

If you don’t know some shit, you can just ask instead of attacking knowledge you don’t have out of ignorance.

You can build libraries out of ANY person’s ignorance! “Never heard that, FOH” is a bad approach.

FuriousStyles

Rising Star
Registered
Trone has a lot of money to go negative against her. Will he do that? I don't know. But you would think that he would if he feels the race getting away from him and he has given up his safe house seat in order to run for senate.