dade305

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dr. Dre Brags His Daughter Got into USC "on Her Own" Years After $70M Donation
by CORINNE HELLER | Sun., Mar. 24, 2019 9:27 AM

rs_634x689-190324091023-634-dr-dre-daughter-usc-032319.jpg

Instagram / Dr. Dre

Shade by Dre!

Dr. Dre is one proud dad—his daughter Truly Young, 18, got into the University of Southern California (USC). He praised her on Instagram over the achievement on Saturday night, and couldn't help but also throw some shade at the people who were recently indicted in a college admissions scandal, which include Lori Loughlin and Felicity Huffman.

"My daughter got accepted into USC all on her own. No jail time!!!" the rapper wrote, alongside a photo of him standing with his daughter as she holds a folder containing her USC certificate of admission and college brochures.

Several fellow rappers congratulated Dre's daughter on her acceptance to USC, including Sean "Diddy" Combs, Busta Rhymes, T.I. and Timbaland. Fans also expressed their congratulations, while others pointed out a curious fact: In 2013, Dre and music executive Jimmy Iovine donated $70 million to USC to establish the college's Jimmy Iovine and Andre Young Academy for Arts, Technology and the Business of Innovation.

rs_600x600-190315164921-600-lori-loughlin-olivia-jade-Giannulli.jpg

Read
Lori Loughlin's Daughters Feel ''Devastated'' and ''Distraught'' Amid the College Admissions Scandal

Dre's daughter also posted the photo of her and her dad on her own Instagram page, writing, "I got accepted into USC all on my own. No jail time!!!"

"ALL MY HARD WORLD PAID OFF," she wrote on her Instagram Story. "IM GOING TO FILM SCHOOL."

rs_634x1024-190324091141-634-truly-young-032319.jpg

Instagram / Truly Young

Earlier this month, some 50 people, including Loughlin and Huffman, were charged in an alleged $25 million racketeering scheme to help wealthy American parents get their children into elite universities, including Yale, Stanford and USC.

The scam, the largest in U.S. history, allegedly involved bribes given to coaches and stand-in test takers, as well as doctored photos misrepresenting applicants as elite athletes.

Dre is not the first celeb to joke about the college admissions scandal, or the first to praise their child over their admission to a top college. Earlier this month, Rob Lowe's son John Owen Lowe, who attended Stanford University, tweeted that he "studied for MONTHS for the SAT" and that he is "incredibly grateful that I had the privilege and opportunity to have a tutor and to afford practice test programs."

"Still proud of this achievement," he wrote with a photo from graduation day. "Happy for everyone out there who earned their accomplishments...and really sad for those who were never allowed the opportunity."

Rob retweeted one message, adding, "Very proud of my honest, hardworking sons."

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
it looks like there is a serious push back, letting these rich folks KNOW..

they can afford to pay for affirmative action... and they need to stop frontin like they dont need it, buy it and take advantage of it...

and everyone else is just lazy...

nice to see the truth slowly seeping out...

and I fuckin mean SLOWLY

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Y'all trippin. They ain't letting us in for donations. She probably twice as smart as she needed to be.
bwahaaa her pops is Dr dre... Beats by dre... An iconic figure in modern day products... Saying you have the daughter of beats by Dre attending your school is bragging rights ... It's pretty much saying elitist this is where you want to send your children

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
No, he's not. He's still the nigga that said, "Fuck the police" to them.
Sorry.. He the dude who they listen to their music with, he's the guy who they blast their music on with their pills... He's that guy that some movie was made about...he the guy that brought Eminem to the mainstream... Our headphones, our pills, he has movie biographies, and he made Eminem famous man he's great in white people's eyes

djpolo

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I disagree TEN, I don't think they are being salty, I think they have the mentality that Dre should shut the hell up and just let his daughter go about her business and go to school before the spotlight get's put on him and her and fall out is worse.

:lol:Reminds me of when I got my 80% from the VA but was getting paid at 100%. Dude told me I cant tell you what to do but if I were you Id chill don't make waves. Don't go back to try and get a straight 100 bec after 20 you'll be there anyway. Shit I'm doing just that. :giggle:

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
Sorry.. He the dude who they listen to their music with, he's the guy who they blast their music on with their pills... He's that guy that some movie was made about...he the guy that brought Eminem to the mainstream... Our headphones, our pills, he has movie biographies, and he made Eminem famous man he's great in white people's eyes

I think you thinking of a different group of white people at a different college. This is a private college with a $5 billion dollar yearly budget with only 20,000 kids. Only 17% are first generation college students. Only 15% of applicants get in.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I think you thinking of a different group of white people at a different college. This is a private college with a $5 billion dollar yearly budget with only 20,000 kids. Only 17% are first generation college students. Only 15% of applicants get in.
At the end of the day being related to beats by Dre and the person who pushed Eminem who also donated 8 figs to the school had a huge impact why she got a spot