*****************Dricus Du Plessis VS Israel Adesanya UFC 305 PPV****************

superfusion

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Izzy needs to work on his submission defense, he has good take down defense, but more fighters will start doing that more to him if he doesn't improve. Izzy needs to expand his fighting arsenal with take downs and submissions. Whenever Izzy is walking backwards he gets beat up, that's what happened in the Strickland fight and this fight. When Izzy moves forward he does good. Good fight though.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Crazy to think Pereira waited until later in his fight career to come over to MMA. Has already won titles in 2 divisions, and for a time had thought about making it 3 divisions and trying his hand at heavyweight too.

And has saved a handful of PPV headline events along the way too.

Hell of a short-lived MMA career after kickboxing thus far.

bxclark

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I was disappointed with Izzy. His legacy, while secure, will be tarnished racking up losses while out of your prime. Dricus could never beat prime Izzy.

If he doesn't need the money.. he should've put his gloves down after this fight. I don't think the hunger is there anymore. I think he's fueling his ego at this point. Great legacy and career though.

Ballatician

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The problem with Izzy is the fact he likes to run a lot tiring himself out taking punches and then he got caught slipping in that chokehold.
Yup, Strickland and Du Plessis both brought a pace that was troubling to Izzy. His gas tank can not handle that pace for long. If you examine his reign excluding Poatan, Izzy has been largely able to dictate the pace:

- Yoel Romero doesn’t throw volume.
- Costa was supposed to walk him down but in that fight he allowed Izzy to dictate the pace and he got knocked .
- Cannonier was also very careful with exchanging with Izzy.

I had a feeling as this fight went longer the better of a chance for Du Plessis. Prior to the fight, I heard Izzy was fresh and was striking harder, so I was hoping he would get him out in the first 3 rounds.

Izzy has defeated most in the division, I don’t know what fight of his would be appealing.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
Izzy needs to retire. Let a white colonizer disrespect your African ancestry and then you tap out :smh:

Fuck all that sportsmanship :angry:
Im starting to see Izzy like wilder losing these matches like it's not a problem, they just want to keep fighting for the money.

When wilder got knocked out again by Tyson fury, I said he needed to retire. Yet, he's still boxing but getting knockout. I guess losing and getting knockout isn't a problem since they're getting paid.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Izzy needs to retire. Let a white colonizer disrespect your African ancestry and then you tap out :smh:

Fuck all that sportsmanship :angry:

More proof Africans are not Black. We are not the same. They not like us. :smh:

By the way, the "black" South Africans are loving this. :lol: