ELECTRIC CARS: So You Want An EV Huh? LMAO!!!!

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
@Deezz

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@Deezz

Complete BS.

I don't think it's possible.

Several car companies are abandoning their all electric cars and putting gas motors in them.

The EV infrastructure is far from being ready to handle all the traffic of all-electric car new sales by 2035.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah most office buildings and apartments in the DC have had charging stations for residents for years. Even a lot of stores have them in their parking garages.
Shopping centers and all
The problem is the number of stations is limited. Plus, they are only for that office or business.

I've seen several times where people will go to a hotel and try to use their stations and some security guard will tell them that it's only for guests.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The problem is the number of stations is limited. Plus, they are only for that office or business.

I've seen several times where people will go to a hotel and try to use their stations and some security guard will tell them that it's only for guests.
Yeah in DC for the apartments and office buildings probably so, but a lot of stores in DC have underground parking and there are rows of charging stations. People just charge while they are in the store. A lot of the malls and shopping centers have them installled too, but this has been in effect for years now.
But DC is one of those cities that had teslas on the street back in like 2007 so the infrastructure was already being put in place years ago.

Gods_Debris

Rising Star
Registered
The tech and infrastructure will get better, gas will stay the same and continue to fuck up the environment and fund our enemies.

first mistake they made was going to the barren wasteland shit hole known as las Vegas. Lol
Battery tech is quantum leaping, pay no attention to the background noise.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Battery tech is quantum leaping, pay no attention to the background noise.
Not to mention that for day to day use most people just slow charge overnight. The same people fighting EVs are the same people afraid or vaccines, A.I. and would probably have been afraid of harnessing fire and metal tools back in cave man days lol but enjoy your gas guzzlers and working at your car factories while you can :cheers: tech stops for no man.

housefly

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Don't know why people are happy to stay with 200 year old tech. Cats still talking bout coal and gas America getting left behind. Let's go back to horses. They act like gas stations were everywhere when cars first came out. The infrastructure will catch up. Electric cars as they are is u sustainable but that will change too but we got move forward.

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
Complete BS.

I don't think it's possible.

Several car companies are abandoning their all electric cars and putting gas motors in them.

The EV infrastructure is far from being ready to handle all the traffic of all-electric car new sales by 2035.

Exactly why ford said fuck that shit...yall fucking with my money! So they are pushing more toward hybrid! First and foremost ford has many fleet vehicles and being that our infrastructure is not able to handle the sure volume, hybrid will be thing for now ..

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Don't know why people are happy to stay with 200 year old tech. Cats still talking bout coal and gas America getting left behind. Let's go back to horses. They act like gas stations were everywhere when cars first came out. The infrastructure will catch up. Electric cars as they are is u sustainable but that will change too but we got move forward.
I personally have no issues w/ EVs.

My only point is avoiding lines like the ones in the video. Some of those people will be there for hours!!

BTW... You act like gas powered cars are like horse and buggy. There is a shitload of tech in today's autos.

There's nothing wrong w/ people being hesitant about going full on EV. People have a lot to worry about in their lives and some people are more comfortable w/ what they know.

housefly

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I can respect the tech that goes into our cars. Not hating on that. But at the heart of every car is a 200 year old engine.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

My only point is avoiding lines like the ones in the video. Some of those people will be there for hours!!

BTW... You act like gas powered cars are like horse and buggy. There is a shitload of tech in today's autos.

There's nothing wrong w/ people being hesitant about going full on EV. People have a lot to worry about in their lives and some people are more comfortable w/ what they know.

This is a case of people being lazy or only going where they know. According to

Electric Vehicle Charging Locations
Burbank has 73 EV charging ports at 17 sites, including a Level 3 DC Fast Charger at the Lakeside Shopping Center on Pass Avenue,

There's no way I'm waiting in that line for 6 chargers

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

As soon as we get affordable EVs, people will transition. The only problem has been the cost of EVs. When low cost EVs can go 400 miles it is over

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Yeah most office buildings and apartments in the DC area have had charging stations for residents for years. Even a lot of stores have them in their parking garages.
Shopping centers and all
I've seen some here in Jersey. But not that many at all. :smh:

YNstt6.jpg

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Blah blah blah not one Tesla was seen. Be careful where you spend your money. Starting next year a lot of those cars will be able to go to Tesla superchargers.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Blah blah blah not one Tesla was seen. Be careful where you spend your money. Starting next year a lot of those cars will be able to go to Tesla superchargers.
:roflmao: First off, get Elon's nuts out of your mouth.

I hope all works out for EVs BTW. We will see about everyone being able to use Tesla charging stations.

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The infrastructure is not ready for prime time, but the take from the guy in the video is bias. These are not people trying to get home locally. I’m sure these are all long distance drivers and the town has very few options to charge. Most people won’t be sitting at a public charger and charge from home 90% of the time. Having said that I wouldn’t own a full EV without a second car. Plug-in hybrid is the way to go for now IMO.

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
That was at a shopping center. I saw Costco in the back ground and their gas station lines are also that long.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yes. I use normal house charging to slow charge mine at night. I only use the supercharger when I'm gonna be active in the streets.

what model/make ev you have? Pros/cons??

If you could do it all over again would you buy the same one

or a different ev and why?

I know of a dude who spent thirty thousand on a USED Tesla,

he made all his money back, in three weeks, delivering food and

medical supplies in long island.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The infrastructure is not ready for prime time, but the take from the guy in the video is bias. These are not people trying to get home locally. I’m sure these are all long distance drivers and the town has very few options to charge. Most people won’t be sitting at a public charger and charge from home 90% of the time. Having said that I wouldn’t own a full EV without a second car. Plug-in hybrid is the way to go for now IMO.

Unless something has changed, I wouldn't recommend a hybrid. You should either go EV or gas. The reason I'm saying this is because the average hybrid seems to have 30 to 40 miles of electrical power. That's cool for your neighborhood or very short distance, but the rest of the time you are using gas. At that point, why not just buy a gas car if you fear not being able to charge. I'm assuming a hybrid is more expensive than a gas car too.

More charging stations are needed and batteries need to be improved, but most EV owners charge at home.

The video is happening at 11:30pm. Why would so many people be trying to charge their car so late? There has to be more to this story. I'm not going to say I've never seen something like this, but it wasn't a 11:30 at night. This was around the time the model 3 was first released. Some of it was people doing dumb ass meet ups or wanting to be seen. Regardless it shortly went back to normal and this was a fairly popular station. There were also two stations added fairly close by. Again, I saw this on Saturday afternoons at a mall. The other part is people didn't sit there and try to completely charge at times like this. Alot of people only charge enough to get to their next destination.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Yeah in DC for the apartments and office buildings probably so, but a lot of stores in DC have underground parking and there are rows of charging stations. People just charge while they are in the store. A lot of the malls and shopping centers have them installled too, but this has been in effect for years now.
But DC is one of those cities that had teslas on the street back in like 2007 so the infrastructure was already being put in place years ago.
We’re lucky cause we’ve had it in place for years here like you said so finding an empty one isn’t a big deal. I do find I have to drive considerable amounts in other states just to find a good and empty supercharger tho.