Elon Musk reaches deal to buy Twitter for $44B - Brazil has lifted its ban on Twitter/X

kidmegaii

Medium well
BGOL Investor
*Friendly reminder the former management twitter wanted access to Elon's cellphone during the lawsuit while he was trying toback out. Elon rich buddies said we'll help you twitter.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

100%

I don't get why this isn't obvious to everyone. Why does it even need to be explained? Elon is the dumbest billionaire of all times. His followers are the dumbest fanboys of all times.

Hubris and too much smellin his own fumes. He's too busy feeling himself and has too many people telling him how great he is (at least within his circle extended). You know how these type of folks are.

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
..which is sad, because it's not perfect but it work(ed) for A LOT of purposes. This dude just bought it to ruin it at this point.
I’m pretty sure some dumb ass Republicans told him to buy Twitter to fuck up the election and yeah they end up turning around and hurting Republicans in most areas

p5ych3

Curry Is My God
BGOL Patreon Investor
The 19 Investors Financing Elon Musk's Twitter Deal

EQUITY INVESTORAGGREGATE EQUITY COMMITMENT
A.M. Management & Consulting$25,000,000
AH Capital Management, L.L.C. (a16z)$400,000,000
Aliya Capital Partners LLC$360,000,000
BAMCO, Inc. (Baron)$100,000,000
Binance$500,000,000
Brookfield$250,000,000
DFJ Growth IV Partners, LLC$100,000,000
Fidelity Management & Research Company LLC$316,139,386
Honeycomb Asset Management LP$5,000,000
Key Wealth Advisors LLC$30,000,000
Lawrence J. Ellison Revocable Trust$1,000,000,000
Litani Ventures$25,000,000
Qatar Holding LLC$375,000,000
Sequoia Capital Fund, L.P.$800,000,000
Strauss Capital LLC$150,000,000
Tresser Blvd 402 LLC (Cartenna)$8,500,000
VyCapital$700,000,000
Witkoff Capital$100,000,000
HRH Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulaziz Alsaud (Kingdom)$1.89 billion (34.9 million shares)
Showing 1 to 19 of 19 entries

Note: Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal has pledged to commit nearly 35 million shares in Twitter to retain an investment in the company
Source: public filing

I thought there was a thread here saying Puffy put in 10mil and folks got their panties twisted over it.

ugk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Twitter is unusable now. Every fucking third or fourth tweet on my feed is some dipshit promoting some weird tweet on my timeline.

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor
Not yet. The dumbass bought it for $44 billion and it's worth $8 billion now. If I had the money, I'd make him an offer of $7 billion and announce that I'm making everything exactly the way it was before he took over.
His ego won't allow him to see that he fucked up, his old model of meme hype would create dollars is creating shit and debit instead.

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I thought there was a thread here saying Puffy put in 10mil and folks got their panties twisted over it.

Puffy was revealed to be a silent investor after that list of investors was published.

DIDDY AMONG INVESTORS BEHIND ELON MUSK’S $44B TWITTER TAKEOVER
Published on: Nov 4, 2022, 9:46 AM PDT
by Michael Saponara

Diddy has been revealed to be one of the silent investors behind Elon Musk’s $44 billion acquisition of Twitter.
According to TMZ, Puff invested north of $10 million to have a seat at the table when it comes to the direction of the social media platform.

TMZ‘s sources say Diddy was convinced of the Tesla CEO’s vision for Twitter, which led to him making an eight-figure investment in the company. Other investors outside of Puffy include Saudi Arabian Prince Al Waleed bin Talal Al Saud and Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey.

Diddy and Elon Musk have been spotted hanging out together on more than one occasion this year. They linked up at Kanye West’s Donda 2 listening party in Miami in February, as well as Dave Chappelle’s infamous Hollywood Bowl show in May.

News of Diddy’s Twitter investment comes after he was officially declared a billionaire, becoming just the third Hip Hop artist in history to reach the milestone. His entry into the billionaire boys’ club was thanks to his lucrative investments in Cîroc, DeLeón Tequila and REVOLT.

The Harlem native is the second wealthiest rap mogul behind JAY-Z, who is currently worth around $1.5 billion. Kanye previously sat atop the list with $1.9 billion before adidas terminated their lucrative Yeezy partnership, slashing his net worth to $400 million.

Diddy isn’t the only rapper who wanted in on Elon Musk’s takeover of Twitter. In May, Meek Mill reached out to the billionaire on Twitter asking to invest in the platform, referring to him as his “big homie.” However, it’s unclear if his request was granted.

Snoop Dogg and Ice Cube were also welcomely surprised by Musk’s initial bid to buy Twitter earlier this year, with the latter sharing his excitement at potentially having his shadow ban lifted. “Free at last! @elonmusic take off my shadow ban homie,” he tweeted in April.

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Elon Musk Was Worried Twitter Was Riddled With “Ghost Employees”

GettyImages-1244619288_am9a91

Elon Musk’s quest to prove humans are actually humans wasn’t limited to Twitter accounts. According to The New York Times, Musk initially wanted to fire thousands of employees before their scheduled Nov. 1 stock bonuses kicked in. But when executives modeled how much more it could cost in legal fees and fines to lay them off without the bonuses, Musk relented—on the condition that managers confirm the employees getting them were “real humans.” His concern, according to the Times, was that “ghost employees” remained on Twitter’s payroll and would reap those costs. Twitter’s chief accounting officer Robert Kaiden led the review, and no one was fired before the Nov. 1 date. The day after, however, Kaiden was booted.

Elon Musk Was Worried Twitter Was Riddled With “Ghost Employees” (thedailybeast.com)

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
Elon Musk Was Worried Twitter Was Riddled With “Ghost Employees”

GettyImages-1244619288_am9a91

Elon Musk’s quest to prove humans are actually humans wasn’t limited to Twitter accounts. According to The New York Times, Musk initially wanted to fire thousands of employees before their scheduled Nov. 1 stock bonuses kicked in. But when executives modeled how much more it could cost in legal fees and fines to lay them off without the bonuses, Musk relented—on the condition that managers confirm the employees getting them were “real humans.” His concern, according to the Times, was that “ghost employees” remained on Twitter’s payroll and would reap those costs. Twitter’s chief accounting officer Robert Kaiden led the review, and no one was fired before the Nov. 1 date. The day after, however, Kaiden was booted.

Elon Musk Was Worried Twitter Was Riddled With “Ghost Employees” (thedailybeast.com)
OK this motherfucker is acting like Kanye West. Dude you fucked up $44 billion. There’s no coming back from that.