For the first time in over 17 years, André 3000 is releasing an album of new music “New Blue Sun” set to be released this Friday, Nov. 17

Dr. Truth

QUACK!
BGOL Investor

giphy.gif

Bluelaser

Rising Star
Registered
beats better be by justice league or harry fraud...i dont want to hear him beating on a metal pot singing buddah hymns...
image.php
671410317-kwaichang.jpg

No banging on the pots on this joint, Just be prepared to hear the sounds of "Kwai Chang Caine and his mystical flute" trough out the whole album.
I don't know if he was trying to envoke peaceful feelings with his music but I didn't get that feeling.
In my opinion this album of flute music is the embodiment of drab and boredom that can only be appreciated by stoners high on peyote or psychedelic mushrooms.
I've always enjoyed Andre's music rather it was with Outkast or going solo but this music project is very disappointing to say the least. It's a thumbs down for me.

Last edited:

nm09

Rising Star
Registered
I gotta listen again. I thought it would be like 70s funk flute solos. It’s cool he is expanding horizons, but Hip-Hop is terrible right now.
Rappers like Rome Streetz, larry june, some good music out there especially involving producers from Alchemist,nicholas craven or Conductor etc making nice beats and cant forget the international scene ]

Last edited:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I dunno why people are freaking out over the flute shit....3k signaled he was on some other vibe when he did Hey Ya 10 years ago and that was NOT hip hop at all...no one got upset then:dunno::dunno:

The Untouchable GDFOLKS

Real Niggas Get Real Pussy
BGOL Investor
He recently said they he is all for making another Outkast ablum so lets see what comes of that. If he does that is definitely another diamond selling album easy.
I don’t get it. So people still buy music? And what format?
No, they calculate the shit now in streams. No-one is buying physical copies any more.

Dr. Truth

QUACK!
BGOL Investor
He recently said they he is all for making another Outkast ablum so lets see what comes of that. If he does that is definitely another diamond selling album easy.

No, they calculate the shit now in streams. No-one is buying physical copies any more.
Man him and big boi could be rapping over carnival music for all I care. I need this