FRANCIS NGANNOU: SIGNS LANDMARK PFL DEAL!

Ballatician

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wish dude would've stayed w/ The UFC and fought Jones and better competition than the PFL has to offer him, but he will make many millions more signing w/ the PFL.

Plus, whoever he fights gets a guaranteed high 6 figure or 1 MIL payout, so win/win for fighters.
Whether he makes the money he thinks he can in boxing is now all in his hands, and that type of freedom is priceless! Furthermore, he’s getting a role as a Commissioner which will keep him busy post retirement.

Its a big deal to see a Black man get what he wants.

TIMEISMONEY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Whether he makes the money he thinks he can in boxing is now all in his hands, and that type of freedom is priceless! Furthermore, he’s getting a role as a Commissioner which will keep him busy post retirement.

Its a big deal to see a Black man get what he wants.
The fact that he didn't have to go back to the UFC with his tails between his legs is a big win in itself.
Add to that, that he is getting a way better deal is priceless and moving the sport forward which was one
of his main goals. Happy for dude!!

DragonXJC

I joke and I know things
BGOL Investor
Congratulations to Ngannou, he knows his worth and held out for a good deal. He's not a "dumb" fighter fighting for the love or honor ending up old broken and broke because a multi-billion organization doesn't value him. And as a prize fighter with a limited shelf life, get out with as much as you can while you can. I also read PFL is buying up Bellator, expect more under appreciated fighters to jump ship.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Side note ... it's pretty telling when the "number one MMA organization" is known for being U Fight Cheap for the most part. Especially with the corporate overlords in place since around 2016 or so. Everything is about maximizing profits and only paying out 17 - 20% to athletes.

No wonder so many guys end up in One FC, PFL, and BKFC of all places at the tail-end of their careers.

Shit ... Mike Perry is the face of BKFC right now and making way better paychecks than he ever would in the UFC. Mendes' BKFC pay a few weeks ago against Eddie Alvarez was apparently comparable to what he made in the Conor title fight from around 2014 or 2015 which was a big-time PPV seller.

Hell ... Scott Coker (formerly of Strikeforce and in more recent years Bellator) was known for paying fighters fairly. Guys like Lawler, Rockhold, Cormier, Cung Le, Nick Diaz, and more probably took PAYCUTS going to the big show (UFC) ... crazy, right?

Last edited:

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wish dude would've stayed w/ The UFC and fought Jones and better competition than the PFL has to offer him, but he will make many millions more signing w/ the PFL.

Plus, whoever he fights gets a guaranteed high 6 figure or 1 MIL payout, so win/win for fighters.
Fuck Dana White, let the UFC suffer at heavyweight. JJ bout make light work in the heavy weight division and shit will be a snooze fest. Sound like Ngannou gone clean out PFL too(I don't know shit about this league),but he'll still be getting the same amount a bread, a piece of the gate, pick his own sponsors and can do boxing on the side. Where's the downside? When he's done with his PFL contract Dana will be on his knees trying pay for a fight with him and JJ. Francis is the real UFC heavyweight champ until he gets beat in the UFC.

Last edited:

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
did what he said he would & fought for other fighters to get a bag ! whats there to hate ? as we all know this fight life longevity, especially at his age & after all the damage to the body they sustain over the years, cant be happier for any fighter who maxes out his purse ! fuck Dna & Ufc , everyone knows he pays his fighters shit, yes i know theres a huge ufc overhead but still

Last edited:

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Exactly..lol Jon's is screaming from the wrong side of the street after years of crying that he wasn't getting paid what he was worth.
not laughing at Jon becos thats what Jon shouldve been getting years ago! he even said it but his tweet sounds like sour grapes, i still fuck with Jon but his issue shouldnt be Francos but Dana , but it is what it is ! i i know they dont hate each othre bcos its still business but i know Jon deep down wishes it was him who was abe to get that deal Francis got, lets be honest

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
The payouts from this past weekend's card.

Keep in mind that Brown is 42yo and has been fighting in MMA for 18 years, and 15 of them in the UFC. His opponent has been in MMA for 16 years (13 of them in the UFC).

Matt Brown took home the biggest disclosed payday from UFC Charlotte for his record-tying knockout of Court McGee.
In addition to a $50,000 bonus for “Performance of the Night,” Brown cashed show and win checks of $125,000 each for a total $300,000 payout, according to salaries released by the NC Boxing and Combat Sport Commission, which regulated this past Saturday’s event at Spectrum Center in Charlotte, N.C.
Brown is tied with heavyweight slugger Derrick Lewis for the most octagon knockouts at 13. The win put him back on the right side of the résumé after a split-call loss to Bryan Barberena in his previous outing.
The next-highest earner on this past Saturday’s card was one-time light heavyweight title challenger Anthony Smith, who took home a disclosed $200,000 after losing a decision to Johnny Walker, who earned $180,000 in show and win money.
Here are the full salaries from UFC Charlotte. As always, these figures do not represent a fighter’s total earnings, as certain sponsorship incomes, pay-per-view bonuses, or discretionary post-fight bonuses are not publicly disclosed. They also do not reflect deductions that may have been made from a fighter missing weight.

Main Card
Jailton Almeida ($51,000 + $51,000 = $102,000) def. Jairzinho Rozenstruik ($130,000)
Johnny Walker ($90,000 + $90,000 win bonus = $180,000) def. Anthony Smith ($200,000)
Ian Machado Garry ($28,000 + $28,000 win bonus = $56,000) def. Daniel Rodriguez ($78,000)
Carlos Ulberg ($33,000 + $33,000 win bonus = $66,000) def. Ihor Potieria ($12,000)
Alex Morono ($90,000 + $90,000 win bonus = $180,000) def. Tim Means ($90,000)
Preliminary Card
Matt Brown ($125,000 + $125,000 win bonus = $250,000) def. Court McGee ($60,000)
Karl Williams ($12,000 + $12,000 win bonus = $24,000) def. Chase Sherman ($33,000)
Douglas Silva de Andrade ($50,000 + $50,000 win bonus = $100,000) vs. Cody Stamann ($78,000)
Mandy Bohm ($10,000 + $10,000 win bonus = $20,000) def. Ji Yeon Kim ($35,000)
Bryan Battle ($50,000 + $50,000 win bonus = $100,000) def. Gabe Green ($26,000)
Tainara Lisboa ($10,000 + $10,000 win bonus = $20,000) def. Jessica-Rose Clark ($38,000)