From Jordan Peele and Dev Patel - Monkey Man

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Never heard of the movies "The Man from Nowhere,” “I Saw the Devil". I will check these out! This movie keeps looking better! Like the description they gave it.
Years ago these where popular movies on here, if the search worked you could find discussions about them.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
I'll check this out.

IW7vVR.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
For a 10 million budget cool. They made their money back. Still could have done more

We will see tonight if your right, I'm definitely going to see it this weekend.

Folks cant have it BOTH ways

first they complain they spend TOO MUCH on movies and then its not enough.

Marketing and Promotion can kill your return.

They been out promoting the film from what I've seen

Again we will see how they do this weekend.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
We will see tonight if your right, I'm definitely going to see it this weekend.

Folks cant have it BOTH ways

first they complain they spend TOO MUCH on movies and then its not enough.

Marketing and Promotion can kill your return.

They been out promoting the film from what I've seen

Again we will see how they do this weekend.
The vid u posted said 15 mill so it will be successfully. They prolly going to make at least 20 mill which is double.
So a sequel will be likely.

Movies are doing bad in general thats why I made the comment.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The vid u posted said 15 mill so it will be successfully. They prolly going to make at least 20 mill which is double.
So a sequel will be likely.

Movies are doing bad in general thats why I made the comment.

Actually? That's NOT true.

we been getting some oddly positive numbers considering its March/April

Kung Fu Panda, Kong, Dune, Ghostbusters.. even Immaculate

all doing at or far exceeding expectations.

So I don't know why you say that.

keone

International Member
Actually? That's NOT true.

we been getting some oddly positive numbers considering its March/April

Kung Fu Panda, Kong, Dune, Ghostbusters.. even Immaculate

all doing at or far exceeding expectations.

So I don't know why you say that.
I havent been following it this year so I take ur word for it.

But my comment was base on last year when all the suppose block busters came out. They didnt perform how they should have performed. To clarify when I said in doesnt i dont mean that I doesnt make money. Its just that they are lower than it should be
Like fast x.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I havent been following it this year so I take ur word for it.

But my comment was base on last year when all the suppose block busters came out. They didnt perform how they should have performed. To clarify when I said in doesnt i dont mean that I doesnt make money. Its just that they are lower than it should be
Like fast x.

Fast X is the literal definition of fiscal irresponsibility.

All those tent poles were disappointing

But even with that?

Global was still not horrible.

The damn movies just cost too MUCH!

And we are not seeing it on the screen.

But then Dune and King Fu Panda and Kong... do good.

It's a crazy business

Cause I think Bad Boys gonna do good so is Deadpool.

Bro it's not a cookie cutter solution in my opinion. There are some definitel rules but it starts very early in the process and also timing.

keone

International Member

But even with that?

It's a crazy business

Bro it's not a cookie cutter solution in my opinion. There are some definitel rules but it starts very early in the process and also timing.
It was not just fast x. You remove barbie and Oppenheimer the rest all under performed.

I just looked at Ghostbusters numbers 100 mill budget and they are at 112 mill now world wide. :dunno:

keone

International Member

But even with that?

It's a crazy business

Also besides promo the movies are just bad in general

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
For a 10 million budget cool. They made their money back. Still could have done more
Damn they only spend 10 million for that movie shittt. This why I love low budget films sometime. Put more energy into execution. I’ve seen movies with 10 times the budget that don’t look as good as that trailer.. I wonder could they have sold this to Netflix for 50-100 million dollars

keone

International Member
Damn they only spend 10 million for that movie shittt. This why I love low budget films sometime. Put more energy into execution. I’ve seen movies with 10 times the budget that don’t look as good as that trailer.. I wonder could they have sold this to Netflix for 50-100 million dollars
I dont know about 100 but comparing it too extraction and the gray man ( best movie in the world according to @playahaitian ) they could have sold it for nice amount. The gray man was 200 mill budget and extraction was 65 million. So 30 to 50 mill seems doable.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Advantage of filming in a country where most of the people on set get paid beans and no benefits.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
It was not just fast x. You remove barbie and Oppenheimer the rest all under performed.

I just looked at Ghostbusters numbers 100 mill budget and they are at 112 mill now world wide. :dunno:

They projected that and it's still in theatres. And sounds like a sequel coming and other projects. So mission accomplished.

Now the current entertainment business is so interwoven with OTHER things other markets, other outlets etc. I'm not even sure how these execs truly measure success.

How many so called flops have received spin offs and reboots and sequels?

You can't lump EVERYTHING together it don't work like that.

No one and I mean NO ONE including everyone at every level of both studios thought Barbie or Oppenheimer would DO THOSE numbers

It's ridiculous to compare anything to those monsters.

But yeah last season was bad there were so many reasons for that especially the strike and before that pandemic plus recovery and in general just bad movies

which btw ain't nothing new

bad movies do well all the time and good movies flop all time. It's the nature of the business

And you wrong... Super Mario was huge amd completely unexpected too.

But yeah OVERALL it was down but again considering the circumstances? No surprise there.

Last edited:

keone

International Member
They projected that and it's still in theatres. And sounds like a sequel coming and other projects. So mission accomplished.

Now the current entertainment business is so interwoven with OTHER things other markets, other outlets etc. I'm not even sure how these execs truly measure success.

How many so called flops have received spin offs and reboots and sequels?

You can't lump EVERYTHING together it don't work like that.

No one and I mean NO ONE including everyone at every level of both studios thought Barbie or Oppenheimer would DO THOSE numbers

It's ridiculous to compare anything to those monsters.

But yeah last season was bad there were so many reasons for that especially the strike and before that pandemic plus recovery and in general just bad movies

which btw ain't nothing new

bad movies do well all the time and good movies flop all time. It's the nature of the business

And you wrong... Super Mario was huge amd completely unexpected too.

But yeah OVERALL it was down but again considering the circumstances? No surprise there.
I forgot mario that was top 3. And I never used the word flop. I said they are not doing as expected.

Ghostbusters is projected to end at 200 million. Movie at that budget usually should do triple that.

And yeah the industry has changed specially after covid. Well even before covid even. But covid speed things up.

That doesnt change the facts that numbers are down. And movie budget keep going up.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I forgot mario that was top 3. And I never used the word flop. I said they are not doing as expected.

Ghostbusters is projected to end at 200 million. Movie at that budget usually should do triple that.

And yeah the industry has changed specially after covid. Well even before covid even. But covid speed things up.

That doesnt change the facts that numbers are down. And movie budget keep going up.

Kaboom

That's what I've been saying though

The math ain't mathing.

No giggles

We may never learn the truth behind these bloated budgets.

Because gorilla minus one and the creator was yet another example that you can do the job better and cheaper IF YOU WANT TO in many cases

Not all. But many.

So where all that money really going?