From Jordan Peele and Dev Patel - Monkey Man

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
I forgot mario that was top 3. And I never used the word flop. I said they are not doing as expected.

Ghostbusters is projected to end at 200 million. Movie at that budget usually should do triple that.

And yeah the industry has changed specially after covid. Well even before covid even. But covid speed things up.

That doesnt change the facts that numbers are down. And movie budget keep going up.
Also fk mario. On Sega negro:hmm:

keone

International Member
Kaboom

That's what I've been saying though

The math ain't mathing.

No giggles

We may never learn the truth behind these bloated budgets.

Because gorilla minus one and the creator was yet another example that you can do the job better and cheaper IF YOU WANT TO in many cases

Not all. But many.

So where all that money really going?
Right!

I have my theory. Fk it money laundering aint no way these movie cost that much to make with fkd up cgi.
When indie shit or low budget movies have great cgi. Fast X the only one that made sense cause of all these stars.

Or they lying like they use to do in the music business. Just say he sold this amount of records and off they go.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Right!

I have my theory. Fk it money laundering aint no way these movie cost that much to make with fkd up cgi.
When indie shit or low budget movies have great cgi. Fast X the only one that made sense cause of all these stars.

Or they lying like they use to do in the music business. Just say he sold this amount of records and off they go.

Bro... I never believe any of these budgets. We seen WAY too many court cases where studios claim a movie close to Avatar numbers flopped.

I understand stock prices and annual reports but i also understand it ain't no secret anything associated with entertainment movies music TV Broadway even books is shady by design.

keone

International Member
Bro... I never believe any of these budgets. We seen WAY too many court cases where studios claim a movie close to Avatar numbers flopped.

I understand stock prices and annual reports but i also understand it ain't no secret anything associated with entertainment movies music TV Broadway even books is shady by design.
I hear I agree. Thats why they keep making these cause they really be making their goals. Tinfoil Key

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Couple of very minor nicks to pick

Should have had more scenes with the peg leg guy

Not enough monkey style fighting

Should of had the bedazzled ninjas show more fighting skills

Should have had a fight during training

more of the dirty mouth madam (and raw)

Final fight should have been longer

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Very good time

Couple of nicks to pick

Not perfect

But for this to be your FIRST directorial experience plus play lead and write?

Outstanding

@benny_negro

Yeah this ain't John Wick and I'm happy it's not

Loved the wick joke.

No spoilers
The Madame and the hoe could get it.

The Wick reference jokes were great. Patel knew from jump what the comparisons would be.
This movie has a lot more story and is more grounded in reality than the John Wick series. Monkey Man went through it to get where he got. It was a good revenge story from a first-time director. Respect.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

The Wick reference jokes were great. Patel knew from jump what the comparisons would be.
This movie has a lot more story and is more grounded in reality than the John Wick series. Monkey Man went through it to get where he got. It was a good revenge story from a first-time director. Respect.

^^^^

All this

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
739b2b5e899f3afab585f6df0270fcb2220966a5.gif

giphy.gif

6bea2ba175d7df2ce21c8f5065bf5e9b092d81e5.gifv

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Okay just to get it out the way the hijra stuff ain't even bother me a little bit. Maybe because I was already familiar with it? I don't see the issue. Took nothing away from the movie.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

Need to know the names of the actresses in those parts...

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Need to know the names of the actresses in those parts...
The Madame - a.k.a Queenie - Ashwini Kalsekar
The whore - a.k.a Sita - Sobhita Dhulipala
The mom (in flashbacks) - Neela - Adithi Kalkunte

A lot of these Desi broads be bad as fuck until they hit the wall...then its straight to Auntietown for them. Its worse than downhill; its like they drop off a cliff.
Queenie looked good in her pimp suits, though.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
The Madame - a.k.a Queenie - Ashwini Kalsekar
The whore - a.k.a Sita - Sobhita Dhulipala
The mom (in flashbacks) - Neela - Adithi Kalkunte

A lot of these Desi broads be bad as fuck until they hit the wall...then its straight to Auntietown for them. Its worse than downhill; its like they drop off a cliff.
Queenie looked good in her pimp suits, though.
Ashwini Kalsekar-in some pics she not bad

Ashwini-Kalsekar.jpg

Ashwini-Kalsekar-740x486.jpeg

Sobhita Dhulipala-kind of looks a little like Maneet Chauhan from Food Network

Sobhita-Dhulipala-in-sky-blue-saree-for-Major-teaser-release-event-4.jpg

Actress-Sobhita-Dhulipala-Stills-From-Goodachari-Movie-Success-Celebrations-36.jpg

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Never heard of the movies "The Man from Nowhere,” “I Saw the Devil". I will check these out! This movie keeps looking better! Like the description they gave it.
I saw the devil is great, please watch the sub and not the dub if possible! If you haven't already checked out oldboy and sympathy for lady vengeance watch those as well when you have a chance. Koreans are fucked up.
Have never actually seen this
Please do.