Fuck this place! (The Expat thread)

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ahh ok I'm working on mastering this forex shit or something else that may bring in income. I'm 43. Im definitely out by 50 but I can't wait that long.
I’ve been investing since my early 20’s and of not for covid and the market drop I’d have close to a million. I have over 200k in equity in my crib and the cars are getting sold. Plus I have some savings liquid, and a day trade account. No wife or kids. I’m set.

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
I’ve been investing since my early 20’s and of not for covid and the market drop I’d have close to a million. I have over 200k in equity in my crib and the cars are getting sold. Plus I have some savings liquid, and a day trade account. No wife or kids. I’m set.
Man you maybe set. I barely spend 3k a month in the DR and I'm clubbing, eating out every day, drinking at bars, and I still barely spend 3k a month. I rent a luxury condo in the best neighborhoods and use Uber everyday which is the majority of my expenses. In warm weather climates all you pay is electricity. Internet, cable, cell service etc. its dirt cheap. Medical insurance is like $600 a year for great service at the private hospitals. Hell I pay that a month here. I say all this to say you may already have enough. And a lot of places are way cheaper than the DR.

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man you maybe set. I barely spend 3k a month in the DR and I'm clubbing, eating out every day, drinking at bars, and I still barely spend 3k a month. I rent a luxury condo in the best neighborhoods and use Uber everyday which is the majority of my expenses. In warm weather climates all you pay is electricity. Internet, cable, cell service etc. its dirt cheap. Medical insurance is like $600 a year for great service at the private hospitals. Hell I pay that a month here. I say all this to say you may already have enough. And a lot of places are way cheaper than the DR.
I have enough for sure. If I just sell the cars it’s 100k, I could live several years off that alone. I’ve been to the D.R a couple times. I’m gonna visit Thailand, Indonesia and The Med to rule places out. Portugal and Spain are overrun with expats and will run up the cost of living. I’m trying to get in early and cheap somewhere that isn’t poppin yet.

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
This thread needs to be moved to the travel forum before it gets lost like the others.

totto

Rising Star
Registered
my dad comes to Florida for hospital visits he says jamaican healthcare is terrible and nothing beat cleveland clinic

Also when my parents pass I was considering selling their homes and leaving out, I have no kids either and the houses should total 1.2 million the lowest. I'll enjoy my 50's and never have to work again but I'm afraid of traveling alone not knowing anyone there, I don't have friends who think like this, they hood niggas

alexw

Platinum Member
my dad comes to Florida for hospital visits he says jamaican healthcare is terrible and nothing beat cleveland clinic

Also when my parents pass I was considering selling their homes and leaving out, I have no kids either and the houses should total 1.2 million the lowest. I'll enjoy my 50's and never have to work again but I'm afraid of traveling alone not knowing anyone there, I don't have friends who think like this, they hood niggas
There's a brotherhood when you travel. You'll meet and befriend other expats easily if you aren't weird. That shouldn't be a worry.

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This thread is to alleviate fear. It’s geared toward those wanting to leave and not knowing where to start. The first step is always information. Second is planning. 3rd is visiting. From there you decide, do paperwork and due diligence and go. I have a 5 year plan. If people drop knowledge this thread should remove all doubts if and where you wish to land.

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Even if you don’t watch all of a video, what I do is read the comments as it plays. The testimonials balance it out.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Actually the older you get the more you want to be in the US due to healthcare. Globetrotters and living awkward places you do in your 20s with no kids.
Extremely incorrect. The US is one of the worst places to be for healthcare. Consistently ranked 30th or worse in most models by global healthcare standards and insurance providers.

But you don’t need those facts to know that. Just being in the US and needing care will tell you that.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Yeah I already spend about 120 days a year out of the states. I'd move permanently if I could make an income online. Great thread
Online income is currently the goal for sure. The best part is that it doesn’t need to be equivalent if you find the right place. $150k in the US could be equivalent to $50k elsewhere. Just gotta find the right situation. :yes:

alexw

Platinum Member
Online income is currently the goal for sure. The best part is that it doesn’t need to be equivalent if you find the right place. $150k in the US could be equivalent to $50k elsewhere. Just gotta find the right situation. :yes:
Facts. When I'm in Santo Domingo I barely spend 3k a month (including rent in a luxury apartment).

Da Backshot Champ

Rising Star
Registered
Extremely incorrect. The US is one of the worst places to be for healthcare. Consistently ranked 30th or worse in most models by global healthcare standards and insurance providers.

But you don’t need those facts to know that. Just being in the US and needing care will tell you that.

Yeah, that applies for motherfuckers with low level jobs. Trust me bro. About 20 years ago I was going to move and open a restaurant in Barbados. Some of the locals were telling me how people need to be airlifted for an appendix removal and lower level surgeries.

totto

Rising Star
Registered
It's alot of dudes trying to leave the states who have no kids lol, I feel you completely....