Fuck this place! (The Expat thread)

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This dude. I peeped game early. Luckily I’ve been to Italy many many times. He’s on some quiet “racism is in your mind” shit. If you can make it 15 minutes, feel free to listen. He’s talking about the FEW blacks with STATUS or married into a large family who they can assume are self sufficient. He’s not talking about the black exchange student, or the African or other black immigrants crisis they have there in the coastal cities where the shit he claims doesn’t exist — exists!

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
Enjoying our "Are you sure?" visit here in Madeira. Looked at more apartments yesterday and today and saw about 4 that we really liked. All but one had water views. Our realtor knows our timeline, so she's been really good about understanding what we want & need. We'll be back next September to do a lease and start our paperwork for moving over here. We'll need to have about 40k (1 1/2 x the yearly minimum wage) in our bank account over here before we can move here. We can do that now, but we only put 7k in so far, because that money ain't making us money just sitting there, so we're going to put the rest in next year. To quote the duel scene from Hamilton: "So, we're doing this?" Yep, we're doing this! On a funny note, I'm beginning to appreciate smaller cars now. I can't imagine having a large ride on this island. Some of these small cars over here are fucking dope.

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Enjoying our "Are you sure?" visit here in Madeira. Looked at more apartments yesterday and today and saw about 4 that we really liked. All but one had water views. Our realtor knows our timeline, so she's been really good about understanding what we want & need. We'll be back next September to do a lease and start our paperwork for moving over here. We'll need to have about 40k (1 1/2 x the yearly minimum wage) in our bank account over here before we can move here. We can do that now, but we only put 7k in so far, because that money ain't making us money just sitting there, so we're going to put the rest in next year. To quote the duel scene from Hamilton: "So, we're doing this?" Yep, we're doing this! On a funny note, I'm beginning to appreciate smaller cars now. I can't imagine having a large ride on this island. Some of these small cars over here are fucking dope.
This is dope. I like that city. Congrats. I’m gonna lease my first year as well, wherever I choose. If I don’t love it, I can leave ASAP.