Gen Z is not fucking with Android: “A green message — anyone with an Android — throws off the entire chat"

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor

The Nothing Chats app will be launched for the Nothing Phone (2) and, quite simply, will support iMessage chats on the company’s Android flagship. It’s a first, as other iMessage clients for Android have always been developed by third parties and not distributed by the brand itself.

Nothing explains:

Nothing Chats is an app developed in partnership with Sunbird, which allows you to message other users via blue bubbles. We are currently in a Beta phase, which means more features and improvements are coming down the line. Stay in the loop by signing up for updates.

Nothing’s iMessage app, though, still isn’t anything official. Nothing Chats will be powered by Sunbird, an iMessage client that launched last year to a level of skepticism, but has been operating for the past several months now and has amassed over 10,000 downloads on the Play Store.

In a set of FAQs, Nothing explains that setting up this app with iMessage will require logging in with your Apple ID, and also says that chats retain their end-to-end encryption. Privacy details align with Sunbird’s privacy policy.

The video below, hosted by Nothing CEO Carl Pei, further goes over the app and explains that at launch it will support both individual chats and group messages as well as typing indicators, full-size media sharing, and voice notes. However, read receipts, message reactions, and message replies will not be available at launch and will be “coming soon.”

InTheMind

INTHEMIND
BGOL Investor
Apple user do know that Samsung just supplies the phone/ hardware with a little software bloat + they also supplies the screens for Iphones! Android is by Google not Samsung who owns Youtube,Google maps or even operates the jailbroken firestick they stream from + it's is in most car audio streaming now(Android auto/Apple play) so who is really winning here?

Maxxam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Giving your Apple ID credentials to a 3rd party is retarded. And what's to stop Apple from updating MacOS to to make this impossible?

Google fucked themselves by not sticking to something... everybody had gchat early on and they should have iterated on that instead of switching it up all the damn time, hangouts, allo, Google voice, etc...

The younger generations tease and ostracize kids with Android devices, its worse than having pro wings back in the day :lol:... its better to have NO phone than an Android phone. My teens talk about it, my wife is a substitute teacher and she sees it in HS, but the middle school/jr high kids are even worse :smh:

Android isn't cool with teenagers, and that's a big problem
Nearly 9 in 10 US teenagers use an iPhone, spelling disaster for Google's mobile future

KunningLinguist

Rising Star
Registered
i use both everyday....

android for personal
iphone for work....

personally i prefer android...i like being able to do anything i want without limitations
there always seems to be some barrier or something when youre dealing with apple

but im 49 and grew up in the 80s and 90s and am used to PC culture...

most people are lemmings and will do whatever the herd is doing....apple products are status symbols...mostly...because honestly the tech isnt any better than android/pc....it has a way better marketing team though

apple has convinced the public that to be cool...you have to use apple products...its ingenious

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
These companies are really spending millions of dollars to develop an app to fix the 'crisis' of andriod users having different color bubbles.

This message generated on an Andriod while it's user seriously considers the sanity or lack thereof from Apple users

lol and to think there are people that wont text you simply because of a fuckin bubble

and its color is whats fuckin mind boggling to me.. LOL

I really hope they dont change it, I like when shallow people expose themselves,

makes it easier to weed them out of your way.... keep that joy in your life, know what Im sayin!!

Maxxam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
May move back to Android if this holds up. It's wild that a 16-year-old high school kid reverse engineered imessage.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
Cats sleep on OnePlus phones. I've had the 7 pro for like 5 years. I'll ride this bitch till the wheels fall off. I'm also convinced the screen is indestructible.
I got an Open as my main. Had it since launch. Great phone and there's nothing I dislike about it.

Backshot Bully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
May move back to Android if this holds up. It's wild that a 16-year-old high school kid reverse engineered imessage.

nobody wants a iphone but you want your phone to fake like its a iphone? but android is better? freaking losers I swear :lol:
Android system sucks bottom line.

It's like hating the Iphone club but yet you still outside in line trying to get in. :dunno: