Global Microsoft Counterstrike Outage

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
Oh, I made a post about this. I didn’t know it was another one anyways like I said in my post…… I don’t think this was a software upgrade issue. I think this was something more sinister. I did this type of work before on the smaller scale and let’s just say you have to be a huge fuck up the brain down the whole system around the world.

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
There is a way to recover (allegedly):

1. Boot Windows into Safe Mode or WRE.

2. Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\CrowdStrike

3. Locate and delete file matching "C-00000291*.sys"

4. Boot normally.

Problem is, if you have domain connected devices, elevated accounts and the like are not going to work until you patch your domain controllers and anything CS touched.
Also, you may need your bitlocker recovery key so you can enter the Safe Mode menu (F8).
exactly

and you also are talking about users.....

...users that a lot of them are working from home

users that barely know how to turn their computer on... so they will have to take those machines in to an IT dept

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
exactly

users that barely know how to turn their computer on... so they will have to take those machines in to an IT dept
They couldn’t do it remotely?

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
Oh, I made a post about this. I didn’t know it was another one anyways like I said in my post…… I don’t think this was a software upgrade issue. I think this was something more sinister. I did this type of work before on the smaller scale and let’s just say you have to be a huge fuck up the brain down the whole system around the world.
it's not dude!

crowd strike fucked up period....ain't no other shit going on...smh

CPT Callamity

Titty Feelin Villain
BGOL Investor
exactly

We can still hit some systems remotely. I'm on a call now. Some of our stuff is working and the domain is partially reachable so we're getting somewhere.

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
We can still hit some systems remotely. I'm on a call now. Some of our stuff is working and the domain is partially reachable so we're getting somewhere.
pretty sure they can quickly restore those DC's and other system servers from backup..

easy_b

BGOL Investor
it's not dude!

crowd strike fucked up period....ain't no other shit going on...smh
I’m sorry, but until I see more evidence, I have to go with my original thought on this outage.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah they just sent out instructions to staff on how to get pass the BSOD loop since a lot of use are remote

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Days like this I'm glad I don't do tech support anymore. Only impact this outage has had on me was I had to go back home to get cash for my cigarettes because the store couldn't take cards. :dunno:
System Administrators worldwide are catchin pure hell.............glad im not an SA anymore......
patch updates was part of my weekly responsibility,....not so much anymore.

CPT Callamity

Titty Feelin Villain
BGOL Investor
System Administrators worldwide are catchin pure hell.............glad im not an SA anymore......
patch updates was part of my weekly responsibility,....not so much anymore.

I have to actually work this weekend during our extended maintenance period. This is par for the course. Luckily I don't work with a bunch of idiots.

CPT Callamity

Titty Feelin Villain
BGOL Investor
i'm just glad we didn't buy crowd strike about two years ago when we were looking for new security software lol

What's jacked up is I have been running our Virtual Desktop environment but security kept pushing me to install CS so bad. So up until about a week and a half ago, everything was cool...then this shit hits. If we hadn't installed, my VDIs would be working. :angry:
This reminds me of the Solarwinds breech a while back.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
So you're going with your "feelings" over the word of someone actually versed in the subject. That's real MAGA of you, fam...
Sir, I have respect for you on this board so don’t push it. I used to work with smaller versions of the systems that was involved in the outage last night so I know my way around them. That’s why I said what I said.

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
from what i remember is was kinda pricey

We ended up with Carbon Black from Vmware
How are they with support SLAs? Have you noticed any changes since they went under Broadcomm?

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
we wouldn't expect you to think anything other than some sinister doomsday shit happened.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
we wouldn't expect you to think anything other than some sinister doomsday shit happened.
I don’t talk about this just out of the blue. I talk about what I see. I just had a discussion about this topic with somebody else today and I told them to scroll around the Internet and they was like oh my God I see what you see. Also if it helps anything, there’s a lot of shit. I don’t post that you guys are not ready for. I have my limitations in these times.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
That dev team gonna get chewed out real bad for dropping the ball like this. I've seen patch deployments go bad but it's normally more localized.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Also this is one of the issues moving to the cloud! Yes companies save THOUSANDS of dollars, but moving that shyt offsite into the hands of someone else creates these global outages. An UPDATE took out travel, financial, entertainment and health services, what if this was malicious? A single point of attack could bring the world to its knees

Lurk Diggler

Rising Star
Registered
Shit is slowing coming back online clients are on my ass for support bottlenecking our system all regions trying to log in at once smh

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor
Counterstrike been on our list of companies we recommend buyer beware. Use to be a top tier in the early days but they started in the acquisitions of other companies and government contract money.