Global Microsoft Counterstrike Outage

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Counterstrike been on our list of companies we recommend buyer beware. Use to be a top tier in the early days but they started in the acquisitions of other companies and government contract money.
The minute any company becomes that big, you're going to have people that are nepo hires, hires that can pass certs but not be savvy to use the tech they're certified in.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
The minute any company becomes that big, you're going to have people that are nepo hires, hires that can pass certs but not be savvy to use the tech they're certified in.
Facts. I've come across so many of those types and in many cases have the audacity to act like they know it all until those moments where they're put on the spot to fix issues for scenarios the boot camps and cert books don't cover

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
Counterstrike CrowdStrike been on our list of companies we recommend buyer beware. Use to be a top tier in the early days but they started in the acquisitions of other companies and government contract money.
I agree with the tech M&A part. I cringle every time I see HP, IBM or Cisco buy a company.

CPT Callamity

Titty Feelin Villain
BGOL Investor
I'm happy it happened today and not this weekend. I have a hospital application upgrade to do this weekend and my workstation or a site server crashing mid upgrade would've been devastating

I would have been working anyways but now I might have a free weekend.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I’m back on the road today and we got a fleet message saying there is issues with ComData.

It’s the fleet card service that my company uses. We use the cards to fuel, CAT Scales, minor repairs and other small miscellaneous expenses.

There are issues are over the country.

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
I’m back on the road today and we got a fleet message saying there is issues with ComData.

It’s the fleet card service that my company uses. We use the cards to fuel, CAT Scales, minor repairs and other small miscellaneous expenses.

There are issues are over the country.
mane Pet Smart got hit...

couldn't even get my dog groomed LOL

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
mr-robotjpg-42cabf.jpg
Mr-Robot-FSociety.jpg

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No issues at my job or on our computers or our network, and it’s a worldwide network.

I can’t speak for every single person on the network though.

flx2000

Photographer
BGOL Investor
Seems like a patch from Crowdstrike created this problem.
They said that they have applied the fix, but it takes time to spread to all affected systems.

Neither company i work for uses Crowdstrike, we use Tanium.....so we didn't receive any of those patch updates.
we use Tanium as well, no issues for us at work, just could not access Dynamics 365 until the issue was resolved

J.U.S.T.I.C.E

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Seems like its all cloud based. Knew this would happen once companies removed their onsite data stacks to the cloud. Doesnt matter how diverse your connectivity is if the cloud carriers operating systems go down.
This was kinda the opposite; computers that were offline were fine. Computers that were online last night caught the bad update. This affected everything, regardless if it was on prem or not.

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Look here Crowdstrike fucks, I just got home!!!!!!!! Delayed since 8am....cancellations.....and cancellations.... fuck you, Microsoft! Fuck you, Crowdshitstreaks! Fuck you, Delta! Fuck you, Delta! Fuck you, American Airlines! Fuck you!!!!!

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Got paged out by my NOC early Friday morning for the one windows application server my team is responsible for (99% Linux). I'm an applications support guy, so was happy when the server admin told me they were working on a crowdstrike issue....was back sleeping within 3 minutes, but didn't know the scope of that shit until I got up hours later.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Interesting.

Just shows the average person is uninformed.....

A lot of big name hotels no longer use "traditional" services, it's mostly IPTV and VOIP services now, which would rely on computer systems/networks......

As far as the Uber eats issue it's the same with airlines, dealerships and banks...... if they have networks that applied this faulty update then a lot of their services will be affected.....

I couldn't log into one of my banking and another credit card app until recently today.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just shows the average person is uninformed.....

A lot of big name hotels no longer use "traditional" services, it's mostly IPTV and VOIP services now, which would rely on computer systems/networks......

As far as the Uber eats issue it's the same with airlines, dealerships and banks...... if they have networks that applied this faulty update then a lot of their services will be affected.....

I couldn't log into one of my banking and another credit card app until recently today.
Took 45 mins for a Zelle transfer to go thru for me yesterday.
Damn that shit was a pain in the ass