Gonna have to put my dog down when i get home.

Pack Rat

Imperturbable
BGOL Investor
I'm getting another dog, a pressa. The companionship and loyalty are unmatched. She was my ride or die for real. I love my kids, I love my wife, I love our girlfriend. I don't trust them like I trust my dogs.
Well done; it seems like you provided your dog with a good home, which is what all dogs desire. Next spring, I might attempt to get another dog .

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
This is gonna suck. I have had her for 14 years, female rot. I love that bitch, she has had health problems for the last few years. Hip dysplasia, been blind for over a year. My wife called yelling at me about not covering the pool before I left to Key West last week, the dog fell in the pool and her and a neighbor had to pull the dog out. This fucking sucks, am going to have to have her euthanized when I get back home. I knew it was coming, I feel like Cheese from the wire. That my dog !

Sorry to hear this brother, I'm sure it's rough.

DJ

BGOL Legend
Certified Pussy Poster
Well done; it seems like you provided your dog with a good home, which is what all dogs desire. Next spring, I might attempt to get another dog .

You should bro.
I always wanted to adopt a rescue from the shelter. Kids were young when I got the rots so they basically grew up together. I was scared if I got a rescue especially an older dog it would bite my children.
I want a pressa, so that gonna be my next dog, prob next summer. After that when my male rot dies I am getting a rescue.

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
I know how you feel, had to put down two of my three chihuahuas of old age....... both were blind and my female was starting to have organ failures.... the female in Sept of 2022 and a male in March of 2023...... I did the male a disservice by keeping him that long...... :smh: :smh: :smh:

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor
This is gonna suck. I have had her for 14 years, female rot. I love that bitch, she has had health problems for the last few years. Hip dysplasia, been blind for over a year. My wife called yelling at me about not covering the pool before I left to Key West last week, the dog fell in the pool and her and a neighbor had to pull the dog out. This fucking sucks, am going to have to have her euthanized when I get back home. I knew it was coming, I feel like Cheese from the wire. That my dog !

Wait why are you putting her down?

thundercat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I had to put one of mine down back in May. He would've been 17 in December. One of the hardest things I've ever had to do. He was senile, partially blind, and having a hard time getting around without being in constant pain. I didn't want him to suffer anymore. They really become family.

It'll hurt like hell, man, but focus on the good life that you provided her and the amazing times that you shared. That'll get you and those that loved her through the storm.

• Sad
Reactions: DJ

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor
She walk on 3 legs, she has numerous health issues, she is blind, cancer. She fell in the pool this morn she can't see which way to get out and can barely swim enough to get out even if she could see.

She like amajorfuckup age.

Feed her some of his blood and she'll live forever.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
@DJ - thoughts are with you and your fam'.

I know the feeling. Had to put down our family dog way back in 2000. He was with me through various stages of life - great dog. All the way from elementary school into a few years of college. Passed around 13.5yo. Black lab - severe respiratory issues got him in the end. He was struggling. One of our family friends helped us with the process. He worked for the SPCA & came along with us for the final walk down by a river / creek, and then to have the dog put down and cremated. We then went for a walk at one of his favorite trails later in the year and planted a small tree in his honor and spread his ashes there and near a walking bridge over a creek.

That dog was something. He could run for hours & then go for an ocean or lake swim. Hell ... even had him chasing after the soccer ball during the '94 World Cup as he watched our enthusiasm, lol. He even kicked that thing a few times.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
You should bro.
I always wanted to adopt a rescue from the shelter. Kids were young when I got the rots so they basically grew up together. I was scared if I got a rescue especially an older dog it would bite my children.

Agreed - if it's the right fit. My brother had to put his dog down last year (numerous health issues). Wanted to wait until the right time to get a dog, and waited a year and got a rescue this year. Said it's been a great decision. Dog has been a gem.

My dad's gf's daughter also has a rescue that is around 12yo. Severely abused dog back in its younger years. Very fearful of people - men especially. She (dad's gf's daughter) now has 2 kids of her own - 4yo daughter and 2yo son. Dog is so great with the kids, and same with us visitors. I've known the dog for about 6 - 7 years ago and hit it off immediately. Dog immediately comes over to you showing affection. And you call it over and it'll circle back quickly throughout the visit to sit with you & back rubs, etc.

I think I've heard the dog half-bark 1 time in those 6 - 7 years ... happy that the dog's in such a good environment.

DJ

BGOL Legend
Certified Pussy Poster
@DJ - thoughts are with you and your fam'.

I know the feeling. Had to put down our family dog way back in 2000. He was with me through various stages of life - great dog. All the way from elementary school into a few years of college. Passed around 13.5yo. Black lab - severe respiratory issues got him in the end. He was struggling. One of our family friends helped us with the process. He worked for the SPCA & came along with us for the final walk down by a river / creek, and then to have the dog put down and cremated. We then went for a walk at one of his favorite trails later in the year and planted a small tree in his honor and spread his ashes there and near a walking bridge over a creek.

That dog was something. He could run for hours & then go for an ocean or lake swim. Hell ... even had him chasing after the soccer ball during the '94 World Cup as he watched our enthusiasm, lol. He even kicked that thing a few times.

She is famil bro. She will stay up with my daughters until they go to bed, lay her ass right at the front of the hallway that leads to their bedrooms when they do. I been saucy, came home went and trip over her ass trying to check on the kids, lol. Gonna suck, I am lil tipsy now trying to think about how I am going to explain this to them.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
She is famil bro. She will stay up with my daughters until they go to bed, lay her ass right at the front of the hallway that leads to their bedrooms when they do. I been saucy, came home went and trip over her ass trying to check on the kids, lol. Gonna suck, I am lil tipsy now trying to think about how I am going to explain this to them.

Agreed. It's amazing how much pets truly become a part of the family. They often feel like the glue of the family unit.

DJ

BGOL Legend
Certified Pussy Poster
Agreed - if it's the right fit. My brother had to put his dog down last year (numerous health issues). Wanted to wait until the right time to get a dog, and waited a year and got a rescue this year. Said it's been a great decision. Dog has been a gem.

My dad's gf's daughter also has a rescue that is around 12yo. Severely abused dog back in its younger years. Very fearful of people - men especially. She (dad's gf's daughter) now has 2 kids of her own - 4yo daughter and 2yo son. Dog is so great with the kids, and same with us visitors. I've known the dog for about 6 - 7 years ago and hit it off immediately. Dog immediately comes over to you showing affection. And you call it over and it'll circle back quickly throughout the visit to sit with you & back rubs, etc.

I think I've heard the dog half-bark 1 time in those 6 - 7 years ... happy that the dog's in such a good environment.

Lot of people I know have rescues. It is always an option for me. I want a pressa, my wife don't want another big dog. We will have to talk about it.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Lot of people I know have rescues. It is always an option for me. I want a pressa, my wife don't want another big dog. We will have to talk about it.

Agreed. Play it by ear with wifey. Talk things out & make that decision in the future when it's the right time.

parisian

International
International Member
I rather euthanize my wife, dog was around long before her.

ayo... you need to relax...

tenor.gif

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i feel ya fam; i dread the day i have to do the same for my dog; hes 10 years old; so im hoping for at least another 5 of smooth sailing; keep you head up pimp...

DJ

BGOL Legend
Certified Pussy Poster
Man, as a kid my dog died at her six year mark; I can't picture 14 years: that's utter heartbreak.....

I have had other dogs that died, it just didn't impact me like this one. This hit different. I think a lot of it is because that dog never left me ever. Shit how many times I passed out in my backyard after pool parties, wake up and that bitch was right there.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have had other dogs that died, it just didn't impact me like this one. This hit different. I think a lot of it is because that dog never left me ever. Shit how many times I passed out in my backyard after pool parties, wake up and that bitch was right there.
Blessings to your bitch then, bruh. When someone is down with you, a human or an animal, that time with them is truly precious....because that's the kind of love that's irreplaceable, that's a forever love.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sorry to hear that....get another female.

cane corso are cool but I just love the size of a boerboel which is about the heaviest dog you can get but I've never seen one in person.I wish I could get one or a doberman but don't have the time for a dog.

DJ

BGOL Legend
Certified Pussy Poster
its always tough when you lose a pet; dogs are mans best friend for a reason! but name the boat after the dog pimp...

I like this idea

It's supposedly bad luck if you buy a used boat and change the name.

My last boat was a 19 ft, so I generally never went "outside" or out in to the ocean, I fished flats and the back bays.

The boat i am looking to purchase is going to be at least 28 feet with twin motors, so if I get new and I name it she will be called "Catch me outside"

NightMare Paint

Not A Horse
BGOL Investor
It's supposedly bad luck if you buy a used boat and change the name.

My last boat was a 19 ft, so I generally never went "outside" or out in to the ocean, I fished flats and the back bays.

The boat i am looking to purchase is going to be at least 28 feet with twin motors, so if I get new and I name it she will be called "Catch me outside"
My ass would've hit an iceberg then because the first thing I would have done was rename it :lol: