GOTHAM: New 'young' Batman - themed series on FOX

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Whenever Joker is on the screen?

It hoes from s tv show to s damn cinematic event...

It looks like a big screen movie

Great casting!!!

And that goes for the whole show.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Happy Grundy a part of the show.

But they got a whole lot of plates spinning at the same time...

That ain't easy.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Lee is one sexy ass mutha...

She JUST had a baby too.

Salute.

But the Riddler love thing makes no f*cking sense.

So he never loved the chick the Penguin killed? So the last 2 seasons of storyline was bullshit?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
They gave Bruce and Alfredo the day off they deserved it.

But they gotta try harder to make the relationship between these men make more sense

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
So they all gonna act like Alfred ain't slap the shit out of Selina right?

Lucky this #metoo thing missed them.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Gotham Season 5 is ‘Almost a Reboot’ of the Series

Gotham fans are in for a lot of surprises, especially if the series gets picked up for season 5: executive producer Danny Cannon has promised that next season will serve as “almost a reboot” of the DC TV show.

The current season of Gotham has already put everything into place to give the show a fresh perspective. Bruce Wayne is so close to becoming Batman that fans can almost taste it. Selena Kyle is almost Catwoman, complete with her signature whip. So many iconic Batman villains are also in place, forming together to create a “Legion of Horribles” started by Jerome Valeska. The show even finally revealed who would ultimately become The Joker, Batman’s most noted nemesis, in an odd good twin plot twist that many fans didn’t see coming. However, the show’s ratings for season 4 haven’t been so encouraging and Fox has not yet announced whether the show will return for season 5.

RELATED: IT’S TIME TO START WATCHING GOTHAM

Gotham-Jeremiah-becomes-The-Joker.jpg

If Gotham does get another season, though, Cannon has big plans for taking the show in a completely new direction. In an interview with Comic Book, he spoke about what the series has in store for season 5 after a “catastrophic event” that happens in the season 4 finale:

“Like I said, the catastrophic event, the cataclysmic event that happens in the last three episodes not only will change Gotham. It not only combines so many characters that you don’t think will cooperate with each other, but it changes the face of Gotham forever, so that season five, it’s almost a reboot and a different show.”

That might seem like a bold statement, given that Gotham has not yet been picked up by Fox for another season, but it should pique interest in what happens in season 4 that would inspire such a drastic change for the series. The good news is that Fox chairman Gary Newman believes Gotham deserves a season 5, in spite of its ratings drop in season 4. As far as the season 4 finale goes, there is a good likelihood that Gotham writers took inspiration from the “No Man’s Land” story in the Batman comics for the episode.

The “No Man’s Land” comic book storyline left Gotham devastated by an earthquake, with the government coming in and taking control of things, even as various villains seized different regions of the city for themselves. Gotham‘s season 4 finale is even titled “No Man’s Land”, so such a cataclysmic event would shake up the TV show forever and create a city unrecognizable from the one previously featured on the series. In that sense, the season 4 finale really would “reboot” the show’s overall plot, setting and story.

O.J PIMPSON

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Gotham fans are in for a lot of surprises, especially if the series gets picked up for season 5: executive producer Danny Cannon has promised that next season will serve as “almost a reboot” of the DC TV show.

The current season of Gotham has already put everything into place to give the show a fresh perspective. Bruce Wayne is so close to becoming Batman that fans can almost taste it. Selena Kyle is almost Catwoman, complete with her signature whip. So many iconic Batman villains are also in place, forming together to create a “Legion of Horribles” started by Jerome Valeska. The show even finally revealed who would ultimately become The Joker, Batman’s most noted nemesis, in an odd good twin plot twist that many fans didn’t see coming. However, the show’s ratings for season 4 haven’t been so encouraging and Fox has not yet announced whether the show will return for season 5.

If Gotham does get another season, though, Cannon has big plans for taking the show in a completely new direction. In an interview with Comic Book, he spoke about what the series has in store for season 5 after a “catastrophic event” that happens in the season 4 finale:

“Like I said, the catastrophic event, the cataclysmic event that happens in the last three episodes not only will change Gotham. It not only combines so many characters that you don’t think will cooperate with each other, but it changes the face of Gotham forever, so that season five, it’s almost a reboot and a different show.”

That might seem like a bold statement, given that Gotham has not yet been picked up by Fox for another season, but it should pique interest in what happens in season 4 that would inspire such a drastic change for the series. The good news is that Fox chairman Gary Newman believes Gotham deserves a season 5, in spite of its ratings drop in season 4. As far as the season 4 finale goes, there is a good likelihood that Gotham writers took inspiration from the “No Man’s Land” story in the Batman comics for the episode.

The “No Man’s Land” comic book storyline left Gotham devastated by an earthquake, with the government coming in and taking control of things, even as various villains seized different regions of the city for themselves. Gotham‘s season 4 finale is even titled “No Man’s Land”, so such a cataclysmic event would shake up the TV show forever and create a city unrecognizable from the one previously featured on the series. In that sense, the season 4 finale really would “reboot” the show’s overall plot, setting and story.

:hithead::hithead::hithead:

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

If this does get a 5th season it may as well be the final one..

they also need to move it to either the CW or DC Streaming Network and fold it into the Arrowverse somehow

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
If this does get a 5th season it may as well be the final one..

they also need to move it to either the CW or DC Streaming Network and fold it into the Arrowverse somehow

I don't know of that will ever happen.

Supergirl and ConstintiNE were on CBS and NBC. But either were owned by the same company or cancelled.

Fox really has no reason cause along with Lucifier they doing well (for what it is) they even have two Marvel properties legion and that x man spin off.

Also CW really wants to limit the comic book show rotation.

But that isn't to say that it wouldn't be a very interesting development. And I think would be the smarter play.

They could reboot Arrow with shorter seasons and have them move between shows. You could probably do the same with Legends right now. And let Arrow hit 100 episodes and do the same.

I think the seasons are too long for some of these shows.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I am NOT sure how I feel about Jeremiah yet...

but I like how they completely recreated the Joker ho shot Batgirl in that final scene.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Gotham is light years better than Arrow....

Bruce finally got with Selina and Jeremiah shot her...lol

I hope the rumors for a reboot are true...:smh:

At this point I don't know if I would CHANGE it .

They finally got the whole Batman '66 modernized thing down pat...

yo REALLY want to go screwing with that?

They want to go like a smaller scale DC Injustice?

Or try to be even MORE connected directly with the comics?

Got back to the Court of Owls and Talons?

I don't think that is the move.

Right now the cast is PERFECT...

even the character s on the bench like Pyg Freeze and Firefly and Hugo are solid

I think its time to do even MORE training with Bruce like he does an apprenticeship with a old detective

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
At this point I don't know if I would CHANGE it .

They finally got the whole Batman '66 modernized thing down pat...

yo REALLY want to go screwing with that?

They want to go like a smaller scale DC Injustice?

Or try to be even MORE connected directly with the comics?

Got back to the Court of Owls and Talons?

I don't think that is the move.

Right now the cast is PERFECT...

even the character s on the bench like Pyg Freeze and Firefly and Hugo are solid

I think its time to do even MORE training with Bruce like he does an apprenticeship with a old detective

I like,how everybody's story evolved over the years.. I definitely like how they Ed's transformation into the Riddler and Gordon's goody two-shoe cop into making decisions whether someone is a threat....They need to bring back the Court of Owls story I felt they rushed it a bit

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I like,how everybody's story evolved over the years.. I definitely like how they Ed's transformation into the Riddler and Gordon's goody two-shoe cop into making decisions whether someone is a threat....They need to bring back the Court of Owls story I felt they rushed it a bit

the Court of Owls is heavy...I think they realized that.

Cause yo do THAT story line?

It is gonna effect the REST of the show history...no way around it.

Its like they gonna have issues with making Penguin gay and then KINDA make the Riddler gay

having Alfred SLAP little Selina in the face.

yo can't just ERASE all that.

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
like how bruce n selina play off each other...(how old is she again...?...:sleazy:got a birthday coming up...)

even riddler n the doc....:yes:

the new joker...:scared:

this def going 5....

i still cant stand the dude playing gordon...lol

tight box art...

MV5_BODEy_ODEx_Mjg0_NF5_BMl5_Ban_Bn_Xk_Ft_ZTgw_ODgx_OTY0_Mz_I_._V1_SY1000_SX80.jpg

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
bout to b 19 ...:D

but i`m joking bro...lol

jus the running pedo joke for the barley legals...

:lol:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
‘Gotham’ Renewed For Fifth & Final Season By Fox
nandreeva.png

by Nellie Andreevatip

May 13, 2018 5:00pm

gotham-2.jpg

The Batman origin story will get one final chapter on Fox. The network has ordered a fifth season of Gotham, which will be the DC Comics drama’s last. Said to be 13-episode and eyed for midseason, the final season will focus on Bruce Wayne’s transformation into the caped crusader

This was the second 11th-hour renewal for a Warner Bros TV drama by Fox today, just hours before the network’s upfront presentation to tomorrow. The network also picked up Lethal Weapon, with Seann William Scott replacing original co-star Clayne Crawford, so of its three Fox series, only cult favorite Lucifer was canceled.

Per the producers — “the fifth and final season will wrap up this unique origin story of the great DC Comics Super-villains and vigilantes, which revealed an entirely new chapter that has never been told.”

Boosted by the popularity of its IP, Gotham got off to a strong start in fall 2014. Its ratings have been dipping since — its season-to-date average is a 1.4 rating among adults 18-49 (Live+7) vs. 1.9 last season. Still, Gotham has been doing a solid business in multi-platform viewing and has done well with male demos. Its multi-platform audience is 5.8 million (up +115% from Live + Same Day).

After three seasons on Monday, Gotham was moved to Thursday this season. Fox Chairman Gary Newman addressed the series’ future in a March interview with Deadline. “We asked a lot of it this year moving to Thursday nights and I thought it did a pretty good job of opening up that night for us.” At the time he called a decision on where Gotham would return as “purely be a matter of scheduling.”

Clayne Crawford Responds To ‘Lethal Weapon’ Renewal, Seann William Scott Casting
Gotham is an important asset for producer Warner Bros. TV, which has a huge Netflix deal for the show. It was the first SVOD pact for a broadcast series made before its premiere. Estimated to be worth about $1.75 million an episode, it made Netflix the exclusive subscription video on demand home of the Batman prequel in the U.S. as well as in the territories in which the streaming network operates

Produced by Warner Bros. TV and based on characters from DC Comics, Gotham is executive produced by Bruno Heller, who developed the series, Danny Cannon and John Stephens. The series large ensemble cast includes Ben McKenzie, Donal Logue, Morena Baccarin, Sean Pertwee, Robin Lord Taylor, Erin Richards, David Mazouz, Camren Bicondova, Cory Michael Smith, Jessica Lucas, Chris Chalk, Drew Powell, Alexander Siddig and Crystal Reed.

http://deadline.com/2018/05/gotham-renewed-fifth-final-season-fox-new-superhero-1202384012/

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
^^^ Final moments of the series finale i bet will go something like:

Bullock: "Ok,how do you know this guy will show up?"

Gordon(taking tarp off of spotlight):Well,he gave us this signal.."

Last shot is of the sky w/ the Batman symbol spotlight beam and the GOTHAM title appears onscreen

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
We only get 13 episodes next season....:smh::hmm:

I'm torn on this...

for example the recent Marvel series on Netflix

even the BEST ones I think could have been at LEAST 2 episodes shorter.

in many cases shorter?

SHOULD conceivably be BETTER.

Imagine if Arrow this season was 10/13 episodes?

But I think it would severely hurt SHIELD...

UNLESS the writers KNEW like 2 seasons before that would be the case.

Gotham should be fine...

I don't think it was ever going to the season FANS wanted from day one, but it took its OWN direction and succeeded int in that.

Imagine if they FOUND that direction in the FIRST season?