GOTHAM: New 'young' Batman - themed series on FOX

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
any more news on the time jump for next season?

on another note...

...why would you come home and be cool with these two kids sitting in your house, enjoying your fireplace, eating your food (well maybe not her food, she been gone too long).

Then you ask the kids for fashion advise? Bitch please.

read somewhere that one version of batsy says that barbara gordon dies and Jim marries someone else and his baby is named barbara (batgirl) in her honor. i hope that happens. chick is about a annoying as laurel.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Ian killed it. Switching back and forth sick in the head. he would kill it man really kill it if they showed bits and pieces of him from now on.

Bruce is a lion.

agreed...

that was such a high pressure situation for ALL involved but especially the actor.

He made ALL the right choices.

Didn't like how they made Gordon a damn genius and figured out the whole case it like 3 minutes (leaving the audience completely out of it) but that scene was chilling...

But having Joker in the SAME circus as Robin not really knowing his father now growing up in and out of jail...

perfect set-up for becoming Jack Napier

and the Red Hood NEXT week too!!!

Fish is stealing this show though

I'm torn on Bruce...scenes like tonight in the boardroom he is simply outstanding but other times much less so.

But tonight he was the lion but Alfred is the Lion Trainer

Catgirl gotta go.

on another note...

...why would you come home and be cool with these two kids sitting in your house, enjoying your fireplace, eating your food (well maybe not her food, she been gone too long).

read somewhere that one version of batsy says that barbara gordon dies and Jim marries someone else and his baby is named barbara (batgirl) in her honor. i hope that happens. chick is about a annoying as laurel.

She is supposed to be a flake...

so I'm OK with it for now and TRUST his new girlfriend look like she about to be a freak too.

Honestly everything they have decided to do with Catwoman confuses me...don't like it.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend

on another note...

because she's crazy.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
agreed...

that was such a high pressure situation for ALL involved but especially the actor.

He made ALL the right choices.

Didn't like how they made Gordon a damn genius and figured out the whole case it like 3 minutes (leaving the audience completely out of it) but that scene was chilling...

But having Joker in the SAME circus as Robin not really knowing his father now growing up in and out of jail...

perfect set-up for becoming Jack Napier

and the Red Hood NEXT week too!!!

Fish is stealing this show though

I'm torn on Bruce...scenes like tonight in the boardroom he is simply outstanding but other times much less so.

But tonight he was the lion but Alfred is the Lion Trainer

Catgirl gotta go.

Well i guess it was all about discovering he was the joker more than the case so im ok with that. but we saw his mother his father and his 1st crime all in one episode that's pretty good

bruce, he's a kid so he'll be inconsistent at times im OK with that.

Catwoman is just a street girl nothing much more to her right now and won't be but we see she's growing up hard and it'll make sense to her character as an adult.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Well i guess it was all about discovering he was the joker more than the case so im ok with that. but we saw his mother his father and his 1st crime all in one episode that's pretty good

bruce, he's a kid so he'll be inconsistent at times im OK with that.

Catwoman is just a street girl nothing much more to her right now and won't be but we see she's growing up hard and it'll make sense to her character as an adult.

I just don't like how they laying the groundwork for her...that relationship is a big part of Bruce's duality. They are messing around and making either irrelevant or unlikable.

Dirty Dade

Rising Star
Registered
Brazilian MILF Morena Baccarin from Gotham

morena-baccarin-at-the-comic-con-2011-03-560x841.jpg

morena-baccarin-at-the-comic-con-2011-05-560x373.jpg

morena-baccarin-at-the-comic-con-2011-02-560x841.jpg

morena-baccarin-at-the-comic-con-2011-04-560x373.jpg

morena-baccarin-at-the-comic-con-2011-06-560x841.jpg

morena-baccarin-at-the-comic-con-2011-01-560x841.jpg

morena-baccarin-at-the-comic-con-2011-07-560x841.jpg

morena-baccarin-at-the-comic-con-2011-08-560x841.jpg

morena-baccarin-salmon-dress-disney-abc-television-summer-tca-tour-la-morenabaccarin-disney-abc-televisoon-summer-tca-tour-1855734647.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
We Asked Psychiatrists to Analyze Gotham’s Unhinged Bad Guys

Catwoman-660x440.jpg

http://www.wired.com/2015/01/gotham-villain-psychoanalysis/

This article was written by the psychiatrists of Broadcast Thought. Minor spoilers for Gotham follow.

Gotham is a batty city—particularly where its villains are concerned.

From unhinged vigilantes to maniacal menaces, mental illness and criminality seem to go hand-in-hand in Batman’s hometown—much more so than anywhere beyond Gotham’s city limits. In the real world, mental illness is a factor in only a small fraction of violent crimes, but on Fox’s Gotham mental health issues play a near-universal role in the origins of the show’s many bad guys.

Although the number of villains in Gotham with mental health issues is disproportionate, that doesn’t mean there aren’t actual disorders to explain the budding dysfunction that will define these characters. And their psychopathologies offer some clues.

Let’s start with Catwoman.

Juvenile delinquent Selina Kyle (Camren Bicondova) is street smart and then some. She extorts cops, claws out the eyes of henchmen, and in general behaves like a feral feline: extremely dangerous when cornered. She also, of course, steals things. As Catwoman, Selina is a world-class burglar—one who honed her skills committing larceny and B&E as a teenager.

So yes, Selina is troubled. But does she have a mental illness? Possibly. Through her aggression, deceitfulness, theft, and serious violation of rules, Selina displays traits of conduct disorder, the childhood precursor to antisocial personality disorder. This could mean she’s on a somewhat familiar trajectory. About half of real-world prisoners suffer from antisocial personality disorder, so if her conduct disorder develops into that condition—and she continues her criminal ways—Selina could find herself behind bars at Blackgate Penitentiary alongside a lot of people with similar backgrounds.

But many of Gotham‘s villains are more than antisocial. They’re psychopaths.

Penguin-660x440.jpg

Take, for example, Oswald Cobblepot (Robin Lord Taylor). The man known as the Penguin appears on the surface to be simply a clumsy, stuttering ne’er-do-well, but underneath he is a calculating criminal and ruthless killer completely lacking in remorse or empathy. He’s also narcissistic (he often asserts Gotham “needs” him), masterfully manipulative, and immeasurably power-hungry. He’s not only a psychopath, he also might fit the standard definition of a serial killer since he stabs frat boys in the neck and feeds people poisoned cannoli with a fair amount of glee.

But what made him a psychopath? It’s hard to tell for sure. However, the roots of the Penguin’s pathological hunger for power may come from years of feeling powerless as a child. After repeatedly being bullied and beaten in his youth, Oswald’s actions may just reflect those of a person who has had enough. Some of his behaviors also may be traced to his mother. Overbearing and jealous—in a creepy, converse-Oedipal sort of way—she seems to have fostered in her son a dysfunctional psyche and poor social skills.

The source of our third and final villain’s criminality is even more of mystery. Or rather, a riddle.

Riddler-660x440.jpg

The Riddler is known for his campy compulsion to ask riddles and a narcissistic need to claim ownership of his criminal schemes. In Gotham, we see him first as Edward Nygma, a socially clueless but brainy forensic scientist at the Gotham City Police Department who lurks outside the captain’s office until called in and then doesn’t really know when to show himself out.

His awkwardness doesn’t end there. Edward also inappropriately comments on the name of GCPD record-keeper Kristen Kringle (Chelsea Spack) and excessively smells her hair as she walks by. He even blurts out “I want you!” and in a failed attempt to impress her and takes it upon himself to reorder the record room’s files using a peculiar “rhizomatic” system. And of course, underneath his eccentricity, he doesn’t seem to know when it is socially appropriate to pose riddles—much to the chagrin of Detectives Gordon (Ben McKenzie) and Bullock (Donal Logue).

So what’s his diagnosis? Edward’s persistent deficits in social communication and interaction—as well as his restricted, repetitive patterns of behavior and interests—point to autism spectrum disorder. And if that assessment is correct, his riddles could even be seen as a learned social interaction strategy. However, while autism spectrum disorder might explain some of his social interactions, it offers little in the way of answers about his impending criminal life. Autism isn’t associated with violent crime, so something else must have caused Edward Nygma to become The Riddler.

It’s possible, for example, that narcissistic injuries—lack of approval/admiration from GCPD detectives, failed attempts at courtship—put Edward on the road to villainy. It also could be the case that his deficit in social-emotional reciprocity—like his “fascination” with the broken body of a Viper victim—isn’t related to autism spectrum disorder at all, but rather just symptomatic of textbook psychopathy. Regardless of Edward’s enigmatic criminal raison d’être, Detective Bullock is right to recognize that Nygma needs “professional help.”

In fact, Selina, Oswald, and Edward could all benefit from psychiatric treatment. But don’t put them on the couch just yet. Given that mob boss Sal Maroni (David Zayas) is the man behind the infamous Arkham Asylum’s promised renovations, quality mental health care seems unlikely to be coming to Gotham any time soon.

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I don't buy Jada taking over the prison, she isn't physically built to just come in and start running shit

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I don't buy Jada taking over the prison, she isn't physically built to just come in and start running shit

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Actually I think that was the whole point...

her intellect and strength and force of will is what makes her so damn formidable

underestimate her at your own risk.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Jada Pinkett Smith Leaving Gotham

gotham_fishmooney.jpg

Jada Pinkett Smith is cutting bait.

The actress is leaving Gotham and her role as Falcone crime family lieutenant Fish Mooney at the end of the season.

“We’re done, I did my year and I had a good time,” she tells Extra, adding that Fish will go out with a bang. “The show is gonna [have] an awesome finale.”

Smith’s character loomed large during the first half of Gotham’s freshman run. But as of late, ever since running afoul of the Don, the affected villainess has been relegated to a standalone story based out of a dank basement repository filled with non-elective organ donors.

Most recently, in establishing a rebellion against her captors, she used a spoon to carve out her own left eyeball — which was promptly replaced by Dr. Dulmacher with a mismatched orb.

“I’ve always been a comic book fan so it was definitely a dream to be able to participate in an origin story of Batman with an original character,” marveled the actress. “Who would of thought in a million years that I would have the opportunity to do that?”

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/jada-pinkett-smith-leaving-gotham-184138993.html

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
At first I thought they was just fucking with us and that wasn't him, But Ian's way of portraying him with the anger then the laughter, then anger then laughter was spot on.

He actually was more true to the source material than Heath.

Fish pulling boss moves in the prison. :yes:

Jared Leto's Joker in Suicide Squad will have blonde hair :lol::rolleyes:

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
read that Clayface will be a part of the second season..he'll probably be intro'd like Bullock saying"Matt Hagen..? Good actor,even though his face looks like its been molded from clay" or something :rolleyes: :roflmao2:

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
yeah it has been a long season....this show needs work to keep my attention

i hate fishes character kill her off... the show will be better for it

and bruce wayne is too young he should have been a teenager

hell by the time he's batman all his villains will be dead :lol:

Last edited:

Jay_from_dade

RawStrippers&Nut N Models
Certified Pussy Poster
Maybe Fish will come back. She still can be alive. :rolleyes:

My favorite part is when Don kept fucking with Fish and she shot him in the head. :lol: