Has there ever been a GOAT in sports who retired on top? WHY CAN'T GOATS GO OUT ON TOP??? update: SHOULD SIMONE BILES RETIRE AFTER THIS OLYMPICS???

SHOULD SIMONE BILES RETIRE AFTER 2024 OLYMPICS???

• YES - she did the damn thing! time to go while the gettin's good!

• NO - if she had more in the tank then go for it! 2028

Results are only viewable after voting.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I would say John Elway did. Won B2B Super Bowls, then retired. If that ain't going out on top, I don't know what is. He was in the GOAT conversation at the time, I believe.

Wasn't a GOAT, Terrell Davis won those Super Bowls

How did he pass Montana?

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
George’s St. Pierre hadn’t lost in 10 years when he retired. Beat all the top contenders in his division. Including 2 of my team mates. That Serra fight was a lucky KO and they didn’t have a rematch.
He's one of the best to do it but he's not The goat which is what's being discussed here, also his last fight was a robbery against Hendricks and everyone knows it. He retired bloody and beaten.

With that said I have a lot less of a problem with people calling gsp the goat over khabib, That's just silly. Lol

Jon Jones is the goat

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lmao at Seau and Harrison being goats. Do you even know what the acronym means?
How many championships did Rodney win the Patriots being a key part of the defense?

Meanwhile you got people naming Elway with two that he almost missed out on

So what are you babbling about?

^SpiderMan^

Mackin Arachnid
BGOL Investor
He's one of the best to do it but he's not The goat which is what's being discussed here, also his last fight was a robbery against Hendricks and everyone knows it. He retired bloody and beaten.

With that said I have a lot less of a problem with people calling gsp the goat over khabib, That's just silly. Lol

Jon Jones is the goat

It is debatable, just as the Greatest in any sport is. He did retire after being unbeaten for a decade and with no other obvious challengers in his division to duck.

big enos burrnet

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Barry's leg wasn't injured; the reason why he retired was because he was sick of playing for the Detroit Lions & the Lions weren't really committed to winning.
No no he was injured...he was going to rehab at the Henry Ford rehab center on the Blvd..and this was weeks before training camp started..
Seen it wit my own 2 eyes..then just after that he announced he's retiring...

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
How many championships did Rodney win the Patriots being a key part of the defense?

Meanwhile you got people naming Elway with two that he almost missed out on

So what are you babbling about?
I'll ask you one more time do you understand what the acronym of goat means

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No no he was injured...he was going to rehab at the Henry Ford rehab center on the Blvd..and this was weeks before training camp started..
Seen it wit my own 2 eyes..then just after that he announced he's retiring...
"Barry Sanders capped off his final season with 1,491 rushing yards (fourth in the league), from a career-high 343 attempts (fifth in the league), and four touchdowns."

You're logic doesn't hold up, he had a great season his last season. When was this leg injury?

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'll ask you one more time do you understand what the acronym of goat means
So explain to me how you define GOAT in different eras of football?

Tom Brady would be considered a GOAT by today's standards, but do you think Tom Brady would be good playing football in 60's, 70`s 80`s?

Looking at top defensive players of all time, how many of them would have the same stats in the "player safety first" era we are going through now?

So you GOAT arguments is null and void when discussing football.

alexw

Platinum Member
So explain to me how you define GOAT in different eras of football?

Tom Brady would be considered a GOAT by today's standards, but do you think Tom Brady would be good playing football in 60's, 70`s 80`s?

Looking at top defensive players of all time, how many of them would have the same stats in the "player safety first" era we are going through now?

So you GOAT arguments is null and void when discussing football.
What the fuck are you talking about the thread title clearly says goat

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What the fuck are you talking about the thread title clearly says goat
Either answer the question or move the fuck on.

How do you define GOAT with team sports when the rules, number of games, etc is always evolving?

Individual sports like boxing, mma, are easier to pick out the GOATS

alexw

Platinum Member
Either answer the question or move the fuck on.

How do you define GOAT with team sports when the rules, number of games, etc is always evolving?

Individual sports like boxing, mma, are easier to pick out the GOATS
Clearly you have no idea what a goat is when you mentioned Junior seau and Rodney fucking Harrison you dumb bitch. None of those players would even be considered in the top 10 all time of their positions. So once again you dumb bitch do you know what goat means

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Clearly you have no idea what a goat is when you mentioned Junior seau and Rodney fucking Harrison you dumb bitch. None of those players would even be considered in the top 10 all time of their positions. So once again you dumb bitch do you know what goat means

Sorry retard I couldn't hear you over your ho babble.

Get off the slow bus and try again.

Lawrence Taylor180132.513108182
Derrick Brooks20513.51,23913105180
Ray Lewis17733.51,24913106177
Junior Seau199471,28613126160
Julius Peppers200125.54821383159
Mike Singletary1721912107159
Brian Urlacher18041.5

Number of sites have Harrsion in the top ten.

So whatever ho babble you come up with is irrelevant at this point. this thread ended up referring to great players and GOATS at the same time.

Peace out dumbshit

alexw

Platinum Member
Sorry retard I couldn't hear you over your ho babble.

Get off the slow bus and try again.

Lawrence Taylor180132.513108182
Derrick Brooks20513.51,23913105180
Ray Lewis17733.51,24913106177
Junior Seau199471,28613126160
Julius Peppers200125.54821383159
Mike Singletary1721912107159
Brian Urlacher18041.5
Number of sites have Harrsion in the top ten.

So whatever ho babble you come up with is irrelevant at this point. this thread ended up referring to great players and GOATS at the same time.

Peace out dumbshit
You know goat doesn't mean top 10 you fucking idiot. And your little bullshit graph proves that he wasn't the goat either. Are you fucking retarded?

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You know goat doesn't mean top 10 you fucking idiot. And your little bullshit graph proves that he wasn't the goat either. Are you fucking retarded?
Could of swore this retarded nigga said these dudes wouldn't be in the top ten.

Then again, my ho babble is not so good.

:roflmao:

*Marcus Graham*

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
1) I'm not white... #DigMyAvatar
2) Have we forgotten about John Elway? Retired as 2x Super Bowl champ & MVP of the last one...
3) Mike Mussina? Never won a WS but retired after his only 20-win season...
4) David Ortiz? Final season led the league in doubles, RBI & SLG...

I know these aren't "GOATs" but they went out on top of their game...

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
SHOULD SIMONE BILES RETIRE AFTER THIS OLYMPICS???

VTARWFU76RGYZGXCZ4FGLR4U24.jpg

27 years old

2024 Olympics:
3Gold
1Silver

Simone Arianne Biles Owens is an American artistic gymnast. Her 11 Olympic medals and 30 World Championship medals make her the most decorated gymnast in history, and she is widely considered the greatest gymnast of all time.

Despite Biles’s recent suggestion that people stop asking athletes who have just won an Olympic medal what they’re doing next, she humored Kotb’s question about whether she was saying good-bye to the sport. “Never say never,” the gymnast said. “The next Olympics is on home turf, so you just never know.” Asked if that means she’s planning to compete, Biles said she’s “just going to relax and see where life takes” her. Most professional gymnasts retire in their 20s, something Biles is well aware of. On Saturday, after winning her seventh gold medal, she told reporters that she hasn’t made a decision about 2028 and added that she’s “getting really old.”

With seven Olympic gold medals and 30 World Championship medals, she’s already the most decorated gymnast of all time. But if we’ve learned anything about Biles, it’s that no one should count her out. After all, some people guessed she’d retire four years ago.

^SpiderMan^

Mackin Arachnid
BGOL Investor
SHOULD SIMONE BILES RETIRE AFTER THIS OLYMPICS???

VTARWFU76RGYZGXCZ4FGLR4U24.jpg

27 years old

2024 Olympics:
3Gold
1Silver

Simone Arianne Biles Owens is an American artistic gymnast. Her 11 Olympic medals and 30 World Championship medals make her the most decorated gymnast in history, and she is widely considered the greatest gymnast of all time.

Despite Biles’s recent suggestion that people stop asking athletes who have just won an Olympic medal what they’re doing next, she humored Kotb’s question about whether she was saying good-bye to the sport. “Never say never,” the gymnast said. “The next Olympics is on home turf, so you just never know.” Asked if that means she’s planning to compete, Biles said she’s “just going to relax and see where life takes” her. Most professional gymnasts retire in their 20s, something Biles is well aware of. On Saturday, after winning her seventh gold medal, she told reporters that she hasn’t made a decision about 2028 and added that she’s “getting really old.”

With seven Olympic gold medals and 30 World Championship medals, she’s already the most decorated gymnast of all time. But if we’ve learned anything about Biles, it’s that no one should count her out. After all, some people guessed she’d retire four years ago.

They want to see her lose.

They want Floyd Mayweather to lose too.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Gymnastics is hard on the body. I watched that show on Netflix and she probably wants to enjoy married life and maybe have some kids :dunno: