DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
450424358_10169281474355694_3044326903224908540_n.jpg
:lol::lol::lol:

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
She died with honor. Maybe she didn't want to be a coward.
the damage was done.. live to fight another day.. now they are down a veteran dragon

plenty of people in the cemetery for trying to prove they were no coward

she died at the same battle in the books not sure if it played out the same way

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
She did what she was supposed to do and could have flewd away but I guess she knew Aemon & Vhagar would be on her ass. I would have tried to live with a little less honor though.
She was supposed to keep the castle from falling. She was sent there to defend it. Because if it fell, then their enemies would have a foothold close to dragonstone and yet another army would be flipped against them.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor

"The responsibility of that is so huge that it has to be a kamikaze mission, because how can one live with it? And that sort of samurai thing of when she comes back in — she could have escaped, and she turns around. To me, that’s pure whatever she is — Arthurian knight, Lancelot, samurai. It’s the noble warrior thinking, No, I’m not just going to save myself. I’m going to finish this.”

Also the fact that these are her nephews AND one of them killed her grandson get overlooked.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
I don't think they are her nephews. She was the kings cousin. And Grandson should be in quotes, cause they don't share the same blood.
This is what the actress said in the quote.

"There’s a gritted-teeth-ness about it, because these guys are her nephews, however appallingly badly they’ve behaved and are behaving and however dangerous they are. Aemond is responsible for Lucerys’s death"

So who knows lol.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
I'm really confused as to why people are saying that Rhaenys could/should have fled.

She went there to stop Cole from taking the castle, but also to send a message. Cole and company had been running wild all over the Crownlands with little to no resistance.

If Rhaenys would have fled, the message the realm would have taken from the battle is that Cole's army is unstoppable and RiRi's forces (even her side's best dragon & rider) go running from the Greens.

With her honorable death in the midst of battle, the message will now read something closer to, it took the Greens two dragons and a sneak attack to bring down Rhaenys.

A sizable portion of the realm always saw her as the Queen who should have been. Her dying honorably in battle will be like Westeros Pearl Harbor for the Blacks. Expect their numbers to swell next week.