HOUSE OF THE DRAGON: orgies, gore and family feuds in ‘Game of Thrones’ prequel

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor

His family could not afford tuition for drama school, so Mitchell attended a two-year vocational school, where he studied design and technology while working part-time at a restaurant and in customer service at a local soccer club. Midway through the program, at 17, he was accepted into the Nottingham Television Workshop, a drama group that trains young people in acting.

Through the Workshop, Mitchell landed a leading role in a 2015 short film called
"Fire," about a young man who leaks fire from his hands. Once the short was released, Mitchell downloaded it onto a dozen CDs, took the train to London and stopped by the offices of every agent he could find, handing them each a copy. The one person who called back continues to represent Mitchell.

"By hook or by crook, I wanted to make sure that I was going to be in this business"

Ewan Mitchell on @nytimes

dbrizzz

Rising Star
Platinum Member
This is what the actress said in the quote.

"There’s a gritted-teeth-ness about it, because these guys are her nephews, however appallingly badly they’ve behaved and are behaving and however dangerous they are. Aemond is responsible for Lucerys’s death"

So who knows lol.
Vyseris was Raenys' first cousin, so Aegon and Aemond our her second cousins. And Raneys and Jacyris do share the same bllod since Rhaenyria was his mom.

carsun1000

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I started watching this show and made it 6th episode on the first season. I had to go google why I was watching different characters but same names. Not sure if I want to finish it. The switch mid season is a complete throw off. They could have used cosmetic adjustments and keep the same actors.

LongLocs85

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I started watching this show and made it 6th episode on the first season. I had to go google why I was watching different characters but same names. Not sure if I want to finish it. The switch mid season is a complete throw off. They could have used cosmetic adjustments and keep the same actors.
Most people who are watching have googled something for clarification related to the show... I think this actually adds to the allure of the series... The storyline is very ambiguous and that also pertains to the plots and characters...

The time jump was relevant for character & plot development

SirRahX

Recluse
BGOL Investor
You have to approach it with a fresh mind that it's not GOT - the good and bad... GOT fans are rewarded tho with subtle references... This show has less action but has a more focused and dramatic/eventful storyline
Yep. I got through most of the first season. Might finish it off today.
Most people who are watching have googled something for clarification related to the show... I think this actually adds to the allure of the series... The storyline is very ambiguous and that also pertains to the plots and characters...

The time jump was relevant for character & plot development
Thats what I did. I needed to connect the most from GOT that I could. The Dragon series only deal with 3 houses, so far anyways.

LongLocs85

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Thats what I did. I needed to connect the most from GOT that I could. The Dragon series only deal with 3 houses, so far anyways.
I visit the wiki of ice and fire page pretty often. I'll just look up something like Harenhall and from their fall into a rabbit hole... The show producers are doing a really good job of staying aligned with the books, but also adding interesting twist to scenarios that don't deviate from the outcomes in the book...

For instance in the last episode the dragon fight was 1 vs 1 vs 1... Whereas in the books it was 2 vs 1, but the outcome was still the same...

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor

GSFxq98aUAIOBMJ

dbrizzz

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Actually it's dealing with a lot of houses that we didn't see in GOT: Cole, Strong, Hightower, Rosby, Darklynn, Staunton, Bracken, Blackwood, and of course Valeryon