I hate Drake. There, I said it.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
I have seen hip hop from the Doug E. Fresh days, down to the current Drake, and never have I seen one dude get so much HATE!!!!! Yeah, HATE!!! It's one thing to say, you don't dig a dudes music, that's your right, but dudes talking about they HATE a dude they never meet is GAY!!!!!! It's about ten threads on the board talking about they HATE this dude! I don't like Gucci, but I am not going to take the time out to start a thread about it. And what's funny, is most of the kats who HATE this dude, I bet downloaded the album....CLOSET STANS ARE WORST THAN OUT IN THE OPEN ONES!!! GROW UP!:smh:

real hiphop discussion going on here mate.... we don't give a fuck about that corny term, "hate"... when someone is whack, they're whack, and they get called on the whack shit they do. Since you been around since "The Dougie Fresh days", I figured you'd know that. Back in the "dougie fresh days" there was no such thing as HATE, just criticism to keep the whack shit OUT.

Les W

Star
Registered
^^

i was with you until you said common is weak on his freestyle shit.

the only reason you think common cant freestyle is because common is one of the last remaining mc's in the "game" that spits off the top of the dome.
otha cats freestyle shit they've memorized or songs they havent released yet.

common stays true to the culture. thats what makes him one of the illest in the game.

drake is just plain wack on his freestyle shit. he just is. i fuck with some of his music though.

...and you can go on youtube and see plenty of ninjas favorite artists spitting off blackberries, iphones, sidekicks, notebooks and more.

:yes::yes::yes::yes:

(btw I'm not a big fan of common...)

St_clair_OG

Star
Registered
Yeah that common was nice sway was just sayin random shit & he was going in on each word he threw out there

Thats a real freestyle not a textstyle:lol:

Gods_Debris

Rising Star
Registered
real hiphop discussion going on here mate.... we don't give a fuck about that corny term, "hate"... when someone is whack, they're whack, and they get called on the whack shit they do. Since you been around since "The Dougie Fresh days", I figured you'd know that. Back in the "dougie fresh days" there was no such thing as HATE, just criticism to keep the whack shit OUT.

the author explicitly and vehemently applies the use of the term "hate" on more than one occasion in the course of that article. I understand the point you're making (even if i don't necessarily agree w/ it in totality) but the response ol' boy that you quoted gave seems to be more specifically directed at the articles author (as was my response). I'm having a WTH moment at you quoting his post.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
the author explicitly and vehemently applies the use of the term "hate" on more than one occasion in the course of that article. I understand the point you're making (even if i don't necessarily agree w/ it in totality) but the response ol' boy that you quoted gave seems to be more specifically directed at the articles author (as was my response). I'm having a WTH moment at you quoting his post.

:lol:

the author used it in different context, knowing that everyone was gonna take his criticism as "hate" anyway.

The author has a right to say what he likes and dislikes, especially when something is overblown, and the public is being taken in by a poser.

I wouldn't necessarily take it that far with Drake, but yeah, I was on board for a while, but it's become obvious... he aint got it.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
So the nigga can't freestyle, Biggie couldn't freestyle either.

But when Big got in the booth at the station, he MURDERED IT. jay z too, countless times. I can go on for hours naming emcees, known and unknown, who get on and I'll shit.

He always fucks it up

theegokiller

Potential Star
Registered

That was my point. This thing with Drake has gone way beyond a "real hip hop discussion". People can like or dislike who they choose, but when you take the time out to bash on a dude you don't know, that's gay. Niggas are hating on Drake the same way chicks hate on Beyonce. Just as hate is the new love, niggaz are the new bitches!!!!!! end quote...:dance:

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
That was my point. This thing with Drake has gone way beyond a "real hip hop discussion". People can like or dislike who they choose, but when you take the time out to bash on a dude you don't know, that's gay. Niggas are hating on Drake the same way chicks hate on Beyonce. Just as hate is the new love, niggaz are the new bitches!!!!!! end quote...:dance:

When did this rule that you have to KNOW a whack rapper to call him whack come down?is this in the hiphop handbook?

I'd rather it be a writer/spectator than a jealous rapper

Acur

wannabe star
Registered
is it me or did he throw a shot at J. Cole

"who else really tryin 2 mess with hollywood cole"

on who dat b4 J cole spits audio comes in and says "now who wanna fuck wit hollywood cole"

just something i notice no biggy...drake dont want it lol

The kid don't want it from J Cole not at all. J Cole's song is cold. :dance:

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
What's annoying about Drake, is his blatant fake lil wayne southern voice. He's from canada not the south. He's trying too hard, when he interviews with white people he sounds very proper and canadian. When he's with so called hiphop black stations he turns into Project Pat. Shit is ridiculous. I understand the Jew Run record labels won't let him be himself, but like the article said, he could have done his own thing on buzz alone.

Problem is major lables would probably kill that and force radio stations to not play his shit had he done the solo thing and ditched any label signing. The record industry is shady as fuck and he probably did the best business move by signing. Aside from all that though. This cat is MAD corny, I don't care that he's not from the hood or what not. None of that shit matters to me at all, but he's just mad fake. He seems just as phony as Rick Ross to me, if not worse. Ross was not handed everything in the industry on a platter like Drake. I mean where the fuck did he come from so fast? He really ain't dope enough to blow up this fast.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What's annoying about Drake, is his blatant fake lil wayne southern voice. He's from canada not the south. He's trying too hard, when he interviews with white people he sounds very proper and canadian. When he's with so called hiphop black stations he turns into Project Pat. Shit is ridiculous. I understand the Jew Run record labels won't let him be himself, but like the article said, he could have done his own thing on buzz alone.

Problem is major lables would probably kill that and force radio stations to not play his shit had he done the solo thing and ditched any label signing. The record industry is shady as fuck and he probably did the wises business move by signing. Aside from all that though. This cat is MAD corny, I don't care that he's not from the hood or what not. None of that shit matters to me at all, but he's just mad fake. He seems just as phony as Rick Ross to me, if not worse. Ross was not handed everything in the industry on a platter like Drake. I mean where the fuck did he come from so fast? He really ain't dope enough to blow up this fast.
:cool:

Tha Baldavenger

Rising Star
Platinum Member
my problem with Drake is he does a unnecessary curse at the very beginning of his songs..as a dj, that is straight annoying, when you playing for a diverse crowd. BTW, rhyming from your blackberry is not a good look

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor

Alica Keys is guilty of that bullshit too.

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Problem is major lables would probably kill that and force radio stations to not play his shit had he done the solo thing and ditched any label signing. The record industry is shady as fuck and he probably did the best business move by signing. Aside from all that though. This cat is MAD corny, I don't care that he's not from the hood or what not. None of that shit matters to me at all, but he's just mad fake. He seems just as phony as Rick Ross to me, if not worse. Ross was not handed everything in the industry on a platter like Drake. I mean where the fuck did he come from so fast? He really ain't dope enough to blow up this fast.

I respect the fact that he blew up from the underground first, but you are right about the labels

I dont know how far he could have made it without signing cuz the labels would have hated that shit

He was known around the country before he had a deal and could have gotten distribution but the label are the ones who have his songs on the radio 24/7

forcesteeler

Rising Star
Registered
Does not matter anyway's Eminem will kill his first week sale buzz. If you look at the ITunes Eminem is already #2 in preorder album's. Drake is not even in the top 20

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
I respect the fact that he blew up from the underground first, but you are right about the labels

I dont know how far he could have made it without signing cuz the labels would have hated that shit

He was known around the country before he had a deal and could have gotten distribution but the label are the ones who have his songs on the radio 24/7

I swear his underground "Buzz" was like 3 months. Mostly from Groupie females who watched Degrassi. Other than that, I did not hear shit about a Drake. In fact Papoose had a larger buzz than Drake and look what happened. It's some weird phenomenon that took place.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Does not matter anyway's Eminem will kill his first week sale buzz. If you look at the ITunes Eminem is already #2 in preorder album's. Drake is not even in the top 20

Crackas buy Eminem because he's white, not because he can actually rap. Em could be one of the nicest rappers ever in my opinion. Problem is nobody really cares about that, crackas just like seeing a white guy with credibility fuck his skills.

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
You think so? She always sounds the same to me. Ain't she from Harlem? Where she from?

Nah man everything she got around white folk she would speak proper and shit and soon as she went to the source awards or some black event she speaking like she from the hood. That shit was annoying.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Nah man everything she got around white folk she would speak proper and shit and soon as she went to the source awards or some black event she speaking like she from the hood. That shit was annoying.

You know, I'll let it slide with her, She has mad talent and I'd eat her ass out so, fuck it. DAMN ALICIA :jackoff::jackoff::jackoff::jackoff:

RichmondRenegade

Star
Registered
^^

i was with you until you said common is weak on his freestyle shit.

the only reason you think common cant freestyle is because common is one of the last remaining mc's in the "game" that spits off the top of the dome.
otha cats freestyle shit they've memorized or songs they havent released yet.

common stays true to the culture. thats what makes him one of the illest in the game.

drake is just plain wack on his freestyle shit. he just is. i fuck with some of his music though.

...and you can go on youtube and see plenty of ninjas favorite artists spitting off blackberries, iphones, sidekicks, notebooks and more.

Common can't freestyle? Wow... be clear, he's no Supernat, but fuck dude... come with another example please.

Don't me wrong....Common is my dude and he's does stay true to the culture n all dat BUT his freestyle skillz aren't sick...that's all I'm saying. Not that " Whewwww, GAWDAMN- type shit! Just off the 2 examples I gave, his shit just isn't sick- n - fluid all at the same time.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Crackas buy Eminem because he's white, not because he can actually rap. Em could be one of the nicest rappers ever in my opinion. Problem is nobody really cares about that, crackas just like seeing a white guy with credibility fuck his skills.

why do u think there arent more white rappers then?]
i kind of agree with what your saying.

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Then you add in the fact that he is white and can actually rap :itsawrap:

RichmondRenegade

Star
Registered
I swear his underground "Buzz" was like 3 months. Mostly from Groupie females who watched Degrassi. Other than that, I did not hear shit about a Drake. In fact Papoose had a larger buzz than Drake and look what happened. It's some weird phenomenon that took place.

Damn cuz, where you been at? He had a major buzz off So Far Gone to the point that he shaved all the songs he did over other people's beats and put it in the stores as an EP. It sold 469,000+...which was originally a mixtape/street album. That's good as hell and I wouldn't be surprised if that number goes up if the EP is put beside the Thank Me Later CD. You'd be hard pressed to find 3 rap cd's better than that from last year. So Far Gone and Deeper Than Rap by Ross were the best 2 to me.

Check it out!!!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7acvqp8q

Mac4L1ph3

BGOL Mega Superstar Donor
Registered
hold up is this the same Dr. Marc Lamont Hill

why is Dr Hill commenting on this small time shit

need him solving the bigger issues and battling Faux news

apologies if wrong Dr Hill