I think Bronny James will prove most people wrong…..

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He showed out at his agency’s own pro day?

200w.gif

BGLR1212000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I dunno why mfs be so smart in certain drafts, but they just trying to hate on Bron and Bronny. It is what it is. We know what it is. We(real basketball players) figured out a long time ago, college does not prepare you for a pro game. The best NBA players was RAW college players. That's why I don't even pay internet analyst no attention.

Duece

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I’m aware most things are this way but meritocracy an often like a spectrum and basketball is moving farther away every year

An underrated part of the Bronny James discourse i've noticed is that the NBA is no longer a league of “getting it out the mud” that whole idea of the poor kid going to the local blacktop court to work on his game and getting his family out of a rough situation is no longer as prevalent. Most NBA prospects these days are sons of upper class parents more so than before. Half of team USA u17 team is full of NBA players' sons.

Lower-income and regular-income kids can't compete with the kid who's getting pro trainers, afford to go to top AAU programs, travel around the world, go to top prestigious highschools and such. With this the talent level has gone up as this is the natural progression of all sports like hockey and baseball. Does the idea of basketball becoming a rich kids' sport concern y'all or is it a fair tradeoff for a better basketball product

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
6'1" combo guard who averaged less than 5 points per game in college and had a heart attack. Gonna be tough sledding for him.
Jimmy Butler averaged 12pts in college.
Devin Booker averaged 10pts in college.
Zach Lavine, Rajon Rondo, and Kyle Lowry averaged 9 pts in college.
Deandre Jordan averaged 7pts in college.
...................and shit............Mark Eaton averaged 1pt and 2rb in college.

You don't necessarily have to be a standout college player to be a great NBA player.
Bronny does have potential as an offensive player because he has a natural jumper and an eye for scoring the ball and passing.
Besides,.....he has the best teacher right there at home and on his team with him.

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I mean this has almost always been the case with basketball.

To even be competitive you have to be in the top 1% in height worldwide. You cant work through this, you cant out train it, you cant catch up later. You are either born with it or not and the truly poor simply cant compete. Do you know how expensive it is to feed someone who grows that big even if they happen to win the genetic lottery? Walking around the third world and its not realistic. Humans arent meant to grow that big except in very certain circumstances.

Duece

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

To even be competitive you have to be in the top 1% in height worldwide. You cant work through this, you cant out train it, you cant catch up later. You are either born with it or not and the truly poor simply cant compete. Do you know how expensive it is to feed someone who grows that big even if they happen to win the genetic lottery? Walking around the third world and its not realistic. Humans arent meant to grow that big except in very certain circumstances.

Good point about the height.

The NFL is drafting 5-10 quarterbacks first overall, I doubt the NBA will looking to draft 5-10 point guards that high, hell when was the last time a sub 6 footer even went in the first round? Damon Stoudamire, almost 30 years ago?

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
His daddy plaid zero college games, so who knows?:dunno:
Yeah, some kats just got it. From what I understand NBA prospecting is trash as fuck these day. They use more analytics and show up even less to watch a potential prospect play. I think Bronny will need some development ,but he’s in the best possible position ever to receive that.

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

The NFL is drafting 5-10 quarterbacks first overall, I doubt the NBA will looking to draft 5-10 point guards that high, hell when was the last time a sub 6 footer even went in the first round? Damon Stoudamire, almost 30 years ago?
I feel this is why the NFL is really America, and the working class, game now.

I mean its a machine where anybody can be a part of it. Sure there are roles where physical stature makes a difference, but literally anybody could play football as a kid. You short but quick? Your low center of gravity could help with running as an rb or in the secondary as a safety. Tall with hops? A wide receiver or CB. Your fat homie? put him on the line.

Anybody, hypothetically, could play in the NFL. You simply cant do that with the NBA, especially in the modern sense. You cant train height. You either have it or not.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Over 23 million males in America are 6 ft or taller. About 5 million are taller than 6 foot 2.. average American male height is 5 foot 9.. lot of point guards have been between 5 foot 10 and 6 foot 2

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Over 23 million males in America are 6 ft or taller. About 5 million are taller than 6 foot 2.. average American male height is 5 foot 9.. lot of point guards have been between 5 foot 10 and 6 foot 2
That proves the point.

The average American is shorter than even the shortest available position in basketball, and even then at a major disadvantage.

People just dont grow that tall in the vqst majority of the world, including America. Takes too many resources.

Sloboogie

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What I don't think most people understand, is that he didn't need to have a high PPG average. That 1 season of college was basically physical therapy after recovering from the health incident. He's got really good handles, a ridiculously high basketball IQ and the kid can shoot. Most people are not even familiar with USC ball, so they just hear the stats in passing and make an assessment.

I think he will surprise the league

slowmotion

Rising Star
Registered
Drafting prospects is not an exact science. You have metrics all over the place for bust and diamonds in the rough. It’s really a crap shoot…Most scouts considered him to be a high IQ player w/good court vision. Plays hard on defense and decent shooter. So he has some things going for him. I think a year in the G league..Along with shadowing his pops will do him well. I don’t see him making an immediate impact year 1. Maybe next year he can break into the rotation. That first assist between him and LBJ is gonna be wild. Especially if it happens in LA.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I’m aware most things are this way but meritocracy an often like a spectrum and basketball is moving farther away every year

An underrated part of the Bronny James discourse i've noticed is that the NBA is no longer a league of “getting it out the mud” that whole idea of the poor kid going to the local blacktop court to work on his game and getting his family out of a rough situation is no longer as prevalent. Most NBA prospects these days are sons of upper class parents more so than before. Half of team USA u17 team is full of NBA players' sons.

Lower-income and regular-income kids can't compete with the kid who's getting pro trainers, afford to go to top AAU programs, travel around the world, go to top prestigious highschools and such. With this the talent level has gone up as this is the natural progression of all sports like hockey and baseball. Does the idea of basketball becoming a rich kids' sport concern y'all or is it a fair tradeoff for a better basketball product

In the 90s and early 2000s mofos had a better chance getting into the league. Now the chances are so low, especially when you consider the NBA is recruiting overseas.

THREAD_CRITIC

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lebron James Jr can be hot garbage and still hold his head up high. Why he even wants to play basketball is beyond me.

His dad created generational wealth for him to where he never needs to work for anyone but his family. If he flops he has other things he can do and live a great life

Da fuck does any of that have to do with my post, Poop?

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

It's a wrap with small guards being drafted.....Ja Morant will probably be the last guard drafted that's only 6'1 tall (unless they have crazy hops or something)....

Penny would have thrived in this new NBA

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hope he balls out like my boy GG Jackson.. Selected #45 in the second round and will probably be an intrical part of the Memphis basketball team...

Steal of the draft last year....