Infamous Housing Projects

doggface

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The projects DTW (Down the Way) in Cleveland weren't Infamous, for some reason Cuyahoga Community College built the college down there. As I said, it was an Infamous, but you didn't want to fuck around there when it was late or dark.

I don't get the project culture and how it is okay to be lazy, steal from others who have slightly more than you. The projects are why my ex-wife made sure that we didn't buy a house made of brick. She didn't give a fuck about the Big Bad Wolf, that shit gave her nightmares and bad feelings

IDK man, there was pretty much an open air drug market, the wire hamsterdam style, in the Longwood plaza during the late 90s early 00s.

That shit had to have been running a good 5-10 years before it was shutdown.

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah, the part of GP that borders Summer Hill was nothing to fuck with back in the day. Speaking of which, Summer Hill is nice now too.

My great great aunt had a house in Summer Hill. I knew the Gent wasn't too far when some company came and bought the house from my uncle, (it got left to him). I think they put another house on her lot.

That was a nice neighborhood to in terms of location. When we was going there there wasn' t a lot going on, it was just old. When they built Turner Field...now everyone snatching it up.

What I want to see is what is going to happen to Decatur minor. It's some developments happening...not necessarily all good in my opinion...but this whole thing of destroying the projects, what it does is it moves people elsewhere. What was the name of those apartments?...they were like three story, and brown, tan...complex was one way in and out...somewhere on the westside....anyway, after Perry homes got demolished, (in favor of condos), a lot of people got moved here. THAT shit felt unsafe. It's weird seeing white folks in my old part of Decatur but I fear that the same thing will happen. To the point where there is no area safe from that 'hood mentality'.

I'm not for gentrification, but there are some people who don't know the meaning of "neighborhood" and the spirit of coming together and shared interests.

illlit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
260px-Robertaylorhome.jpg

WTF??? that shyt don't look like nothing nice.

It's wasn't. Me and my little sister saw a man shot in the head up close. I was about 6 at the time In 87....every year was even worse. Imagine New Jack City X 10. They had to build an entire police station into the projects because it was that crazy.....

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Im a product of the projects, I spent my first 12yrs in the project!! Met a ton of good people there and still connect to those people til I walk off this earth!! Anyway, much love to all my brotha's and sista's that have lived, moved out or moving in the projects!!

phAsE3

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Been to a few in Philly. Of your not from there you got problems. Otherwise, if you know kats and are from there you cool. Just make sure ya head is right.

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The projects DTW (Down the Way) in Cleveland weren't Infamous, for some reason Cuyahoga Community College built the college down there. As I said, it was an Infamous, but you didn't want to fuck around there when it was late or dark.

I don't get the project culture and how it is okay to be lazy, steal from others who have slightly more than you. The projects are why my ex-wife made sure that we didn't buy a house made of brick. She didn't give a fuck about the Big Bad Wolf, that shit gave her nightmares and bad feelings

I understand what your ex was going thru!! Those project days effect us in many ways. I didnt have many socks during those day, I made up for it I have over 1000 pairs of socks these dayz!! I dont care if i wear them all or not, I know I have them. I wont eat carp fish and I cant stand the smell of pine-sol or bleach!! I can go on, but you see where Im going!!