Jack Daniels mentor has his own whiskey now

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not available here just yet, but I am taking a trip to Tennessee / Georgia in a couple months if not here by then....

Didn't listen to the whole interview, but how do they have a 9yr aged whiskey if they've only been doing this a year or 2? ( was this stock from another distillery). There's a Cleveland company that "speed ages" their whiskey and honestly I thought it tasted terrible.

M3MD

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My bottle was just delivered

I'm in MD but had to order online. $75.00 at my door

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bought a bottle last night after watching them on the Breakfast Club.
2r6hzsz.jpg

Pretty smooth, and sweet enough for women to like.
100 PROOF

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
I got some. I would try to give some.konda taste rating but I just drink whiskey to get fucked up lol. And it did that. Drank it neat. Whoo! Smoky! Threw a ice cube in that bitch, sipped it slow and enjoyed myself. Respect Uncle Nearest.

In ATL I got it at Greens on Ponce.

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn near every company was masterminded or built on the backs of black ppl so I'm never surprised nor will I'd begin avoiding products because I'd be doing that with damn near every company.

Actually all the companies should be called out on this type of shit so we could decide which ones we not fuckin with anymore.
:confused:

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Went to Total Wines by my house and they didn't have that shit. :angry:

Went to another liquor store by me and they didn't have it either. :angry:

Gonna have to order it online.
Talk to them, ask for them to order it and stock it.

Liquor stores have a distributor that usually carries way more than the average store can afford to stock.

Cybts1

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Is it too strong. Guess I'll stick to Gentleman's Jack

The 100 was a bit strong. I tried it wih Ginger ale and Coke, the same way I do Jack and it just did not work for me. I am going to give it a try with Pepsi, one last chance.

NJ Total Wines $58.00 :)

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I bought two bottles this weekend. Wonderful whiskey. Really shits on most whiskeys and scotches.

I gave it a try and DID NOT LIKE IT. :smh:

That's ALL FOLKS. :dunno:

Bought a bottle last night after watching them on the Breakfast Club.
2r6hzsz.jpg

Pretty smooth, and sweet enough for women to like.
100 PROOF

The 100 was a bit strong. I tried it wih Ginger ale and Coke, the same way I do Jack and it just did not work for me. I am going to give it a try with Pepsi, one last chance.

NJ Total Wines $58.00 :)

Are you cats familiar with other "speed aged" or simulated aged liquors? How does it compare?

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
Talk to them, ask for them to order it and stock it.

Liquor stores have a distributor that usually carries way more than the average store can afford to stock.
I did.

They say it will take a few weeks to see if their vendors carry it and then stock in their stores.

I'm gonna contact Nearest too and ask if they will distribute their brand to other states.

b-stro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Met a rep at juneteenth in San Jose and he gave me and the wife a shot and history of Uncle Nearest and Jack Daniels and it was a pretty cool story. The whisky is strong sitting at 103 proof, not a lot of flavor but strong as hell but smooth. Had it over ice and once it mellowed it wasn’t bad but not a must have for the bar outside of the story and history.

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Met a rep at juneteenth in San Jose and he gave me and the wife a shot and history of Uncle Nearest and Jack Daniels and it was a pretty cool story. The whisky is strong sitting at 103 proof, not a lot of flavor but strong as hell but smooth. Had it over ice and once it mellowed it wasn’t bad but not a must have for the bar outside of the story and history.
OK thx imma give it a try

What I won't do is stay fuckin with something I don't like just because it's black owned but I'm going to buy a bottle because it's black owned