Update: Vice President Kamala Harris is now the Democratic presidential nominee

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
The issue though is that you're not factoring in how much racism is driven in people's decision-making. It's one thing if one person on the ticket was a minority but having two people on the ticket who are both minorities would have white people losing their minds. Also you have to remember the thing about Texas is that it's so gerrymandered it's hard to pull off any kind of wins for Democrats in that state.
iirc TX general election- the popular vote winner gets all the electoral delegates

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
OMG her picture was put up in some government offices! And she was by his side when he spoke to the nation which quite honestly he didn't do much of. That's really pushing her towards a future run at President. Other than her grand speech telling people in Central America to not come here she was not pushed to the foreground to advocate for policy or speak on something that has passed. She spoken highly in terms of them putting in charge of some important agenda item such as the infrastructure bill to show her leadership. We heard her name mainly when she was breaking a tie vote in the Senate and that was years ago. We didn't see her doing much of anything.

She was in the foreground and advocated for the infrastructure bill that you mentioned that passed.

Maxxam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The racism/misogyny that’s going to come her way is going to turn off some swing voters. Definitely younger voters. Democrats just need to focus on giving trump the same attention they’ve been giving Biden for the last month.

I really believe republicans are overconfident.

gutsdabeast

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
giphy.webp

cocobeauty

Rising Star
Super Moderator
I don't have time to go through this thread now. I hope the ones who wanted this are happy. I will vote for whomever the nominee is, but just know I think y'all have handed the presidency to Trump, and if the nominee is anyone other than Kamala, just know they will be beholden to donors and not to the rest of us. To be honest I'm not 100% sure Kamala wouldn't be beholden to them. SMH. 2016 all over again.
I was hoping you would chime in. Thanks for this.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
The issue though is that you're not factoring in how much racism is driven in people's decision-making. It's one thing if one person on the ticket was a minority but having two people on the ticket who are both minorities would have white people losing their minds. Also you have to remember the thing about Texas is that it's so gerrymandered it's hard to pull off any kind of wins for Democrats in that state.
I know how much racism there is. I'm trying to rebuild the Obama coalition that now has a lot more Latinos and young people and not trying to win by getting more of the white vote.

And gerrymandering won't help against state wide and national elections.

And there are a lot of Latinos in Arizona, New Mexico. Nevada, and Florida.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Either Trump has promised Elon the entire world especially considering Trumps views on EV or Elon is showing his hold ass and don’t give a fuck anymore.

He’s been capping for a Trump hard lately.

Isn’t he donating $45M for a PAC to support Trump?

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
These folks just gave this dude the election :smh:

Not sure they had much of a choice. Biden was never going to hold up and this decision should have been made atleast 1 year ago.

Like I said before. Most people don’t vote for Biden because he’s was some seller candidate.

It’s because Trump was so bad and scary as a POTUS that people feared a 2nd term.

Most people have short term memory and if you think Trump was bad first time around.

Wait until his 2nd term. Filled with vengeance and a SC saying he can do whatever the fuck he wants!

Gods_Debris

Rising Star
Registered
Either Trump has promised Elon the entire world especially considering Trumps views on EV or Elon is showing his hold ass and don’t give a fuck anymore.

He’s been capping for a Trump hard lately.

Isn’t he donating $45M for a PAC to support Trump?
Amd niggas in here posting from X. :lol: