Kamala's Vice Presidential Nominee

Who do you want Kamala Harris to choose as a running mate?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor
3bd8ddbf21d208cfd821.jpeg

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I think I LIKE this Mark Robinson guy.... I read through those simple

politcal codes,

HE SAID EXACTLY WHO HE IS TALKIN ABOUT??

and I cant say it right now because its coded for a reason!!!

Sheeeet is he actually the GOV or LT GOV of N.C???

because

HE AINT LYING

THEY ALREADY WAGING WAR and we just sitting here like STUPID LITTLE DUCKS!!!

being bullied to take experimental drugs so we cant feed our families..

somebody is waging war on the masses and its time the massess do something

other than play the duck.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Has she been given the nod already? I thought they were going to have a mini primary. :dunno:

I don't think she'll technically have the nod until the convention in 5 weeks.

But I don't see any scenario in which she is not the nominee. I think this is the main question right now on the Democratic side.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
I’d like to see Roy on the ticket. He did great for our state. He’s good with diplomacy. I don’t think he’s popular enough nationally, but he was a great governor for NC.

Would you be concerned about the fact that while he's campaigning, the GOP LG would become acting Gov whenever Cooper leaves the state?

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Would you be concerned about the fact that while he's campaigning, the GOP LG would become acting Gov whenever Cooper leaves the state?

His term is up this year, so it’s likely a GOP will get in the governor’s set.

In 2020, NC elected republican senators and reelected Cooper. NC is backwards like that.

Barron11

Star
Platinum Member
I feel as if she might pick Gavin Newsome. He was being groomed to run for POTUS after Biden's 2nd term. He also would be her biggest threat to securing the nomination. Even with all of his challenges in running CA. It would behoove her to add him to the ticket now so the Dems can focus on attempting to beat Trump.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
I feel as if she might pick Gavin Newsome. He was being groomed to run for POTUS after Biden's 2nd term. He also would be her biggest threat to securing the nomination. Even with all of his challenges in running CA. It would behoove her to add him to the ticket now so the Dems can focus on attempting to beat Trump.

Now that I think about it, I wonder why that NBC News article even has Newsom as an option.

From the article:

But he and Harris’ shared California roots could also present a legal hurdle, because the Constitution mandates that the president and that vice president hail from different states.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
I'm assuming Newsome is considered too far left to run with Kamala.

I'm wondering which potential VP can excite the "middle" and bring Kamala the voters who will never vote for a woman, especially a black one.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I'm assuming Newsome is considered too far left to run with Kamala.

I'm wondering which potential VP can excite the "middle" and bring Kamala the voters who will never vote for a woman, especially a black one.
I may be wrong, but since Kamala is also from California, I don't think Newsome would be allowed on the ticket. Wasn't that the case with Rubio trying to be Chumps VP? He couldn't since they both have a residence in FL.

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
I my opinion, for her to really have a chance at winning, she has to choose a white man from the South.

Perception is going to be everything. Out of the list above, I believe she has to go with Gov. Cooper from North Carolina.

arnoldwsimmons

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I may be wrong, but since Kamala is also from California, I don't think Newsome would be allowed on the ticket. Wasn't that the case with Rubio trying to be Chumps VP? He couldn't since they both have a residence in FL.
Something in the 12th admendment.

...The amendment outlines how presidential electors in the Electoral College cast ballots for the presidential ticket. Read Next Presidential Election In first public remarks, Kamala Harris praises Joe Biden, doesn’t talk presidential campaign July 22, 2024 10:54 AM It states’ electors “vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves.”

While Harris lives at the vice president’s residency at Washington, D.C.’s Naval Observatory, she maintains official residency and is registered to vote in California. That means a ticket with two California residents would essentially void the state’s 54 electoral votes, according to legal experts. “If Kamala Harris were the presidential candidate and Gavin Newsom were the vice presidential running mate, the electors couldn’t vote for both of them,” said Barry Burden, a political science professor and director of the Elections Research Center at the University of Wisconsin, Madison.

“So that would then create a dilemma, maybe a crisis, for those electors to decide which one of them they would vote for. It might cost the ticket electoral votes.” For electors “in 49 states and District of Columbia, a Harris-Newsom ticket is not a problem,” said Derek Muller, a professor at Notre Dame Law School. “It’s only a problem in the state of California. It would prohibit California’s electors from voting for both Harris and Newsom.”

Read more at: https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article290287249.html#storylink=cpy

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
It's gonna a conservative leaning white man.

That's what I don't want! Nobody since Reagan has served two terms and handed the presidency over to their VP but I would hate to see the party move right after Harris. That's my main reason for wanting to learn about these people.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor

...The amendment outlines how presidential electors in the Electoral College cast ballots for the presidential ticket. Read Next Presidential Election In first public remarks, Kamala Harris praises Joe Biden, doesn’t talk presidential campaign July 22, 2024 10:54 AM It states’ electors “vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves.”

While Harris lives at the vice president’s residency at Washington, D.C.’s Naval Observatory, she maintains official residency and is registered to vote in California. That means a ticket with two California residents would essentially void the state’s 54 electoral votes, according to legal experts. “If Kamala Harris were the presidential candidate and Gavin Newsom were the vice presidential running mate, the electors couldn’t vote for both of them,” said Barry Burden, a political science professor and director of the Elections Research Center at the University of Wisconsin, Madison.

“So that would then create a dilemma, maybe a crisis, for those electors to decide which one of them they would vote for. It might cost the ticket electoral votes.” For electors “in 49 states and District of Columbia, a Harris-Newsom ticket is not a problem,” said Derek Muller, a professor at Notre Dame Law School. “It’s only a problem in the state of California. It would prohibit California’s electors from voting for both Harris and Newsom.”

Read more at: https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article290287249.html#storylink=cpy

Learn something new everyday.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor

Yeah, Dems are not going to possibly risk any of those electoral votes from California. Cali is Blue as fuck but still, putting that big bag of ballots in question is too risky for this election.

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
That's what I don't want! Nobody since Reagan has served two terms and handed the presidency over to their VP but I would hate to see the party move right after Harris. That's my main reason for wanting to learn about these people.

Strategically, she must secure a strong portion of the white male vote, the largest voting block in politics, if she aims to succeed. Historically, Kamala has not received support from this group, as evidenced by her inability to attract their votes in her previous campaign. Despite efforts to address this, I believe it’s too little, too late. The Democratic Party responds more to wealthy donors and corporate interests than to the preferences of their voter base, as we recently witnessed.