Katts are going to be living in these soon with the housing market jacked

xspade7

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
White folks are heavily investing intense Tiny Homes.

They will make the initial big profit off of them. By the time Black folks start looking into them, white folks will have sold off and walk away Paid In Full.

Get in now while it’s hot.

Where to invest?

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Where to invest?

A lot of these old, raggedy trailer/mobile home parks are ripping out those old units and replacing them with tiny homes.

All the electrical and plumbing is already on site.

Just purchasing a number of these homes and renting them out is a good investment.

With purchasing and leasing them out, you need to look at location. If they are located near a area with good jobs/shopping that are in walking distance from the home, you can definitely make a good decent amount of change off of them.

You gotta think out of the box.

The idea of financing a stand alone single family home with a 15/30 year mortgage is 20th Century living. Folks have to think ahead now that we are in the 21st Century.

White folks made their money on stand alone homes last century. They have moved on.

PlayerR

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They did a container home around the corner from me, it's for some of the athletes that go to Catholic U. Set up is nice.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
South Carolina got prefabricated homes for less than homes being built which are better and you save money at the same time. I would gladly buy anyone of those homes to live in on some land.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
27-year-old pays $0 to live in a ‘luxury tiny home’—how she built it for $35,000: 'I forget I'm living in a shed'

Precious Price, Contributor
Published Sat, May 13 2023 10:00 AM EDT
Updated Sat, May 13 2023 10:06 AM EDT

In 2020, I built a tiny home in the backyard of my 1,400-square-foot house in Atlanta, Georgia for about $35,000.

Today, it's my primary residence, and I live in it for $0; my mortgage, property taxes and utility bills are covered by rent I collect from renting out my main home.

The house is only 296 square feet, but it's efficiently designed. A lot of the time, I forget I'm living in a shed.

Tiny homes are just beginning to gain traction in the U.S., but the process isn't as straightforward as it should be. Here's my advice on how to build your own backyard tiny home:

1. Check your local zoning.

Although some major cities are easing regulations on tiny homes to encourage more housing supply, many still restrict what you can and cannot do with your land.

You can typically find the zoning codes for your property address through your city's local zoning map. Do a quick Google search with your city's name and the terms "zoning map" or "zoning office."

If nothing comes up, call your city's building and planning department.

Your zone will determine whether or not tiny homes are permitted, as well as how big your lot needs to be in order to build one, and the maximum size of the structure.

107196829-1676671117511-MakeIt_230201_UNL_TinyHome_Aerial2.jpg

Precious' tiny home sits in the back corner of her 7,280-square-foot backyard.

2. Consider your financing options.

Instead of a bank loan, I cashed out $8,500 in stocks and put about $20,000 on my credit cards to pay for everything. This allowed me to get cash back.

But if you need financial assistance, there are many other options:

• A home equity line of credit (HELOC) lets you borrow against the available equity in your home, and the house is used as collateral for the line of credit.
• A home equity loan gives you a lump sum payment with a fixed (but usually higher) interest rate.
• Cash-out refinancing replaces your existing mortgage with new terms and allows you to cash out the difference.
• A construction loan is short-term financing that can be used to cover the costs associated with building a house, from start to finish.

107196775-1677096084538-MakeIt_230201_UNL_TinyHome_WalkingDog_2.jpg

Precious' dog Sachia also lives in the tiny home with her. She plans to entertain friends in the backyard when the weather gets warmer.

3. Pick your structure.

The most expensive but customizable option is a "stick built" — a home built from scratch. The most cost-efficient is a prefabricated unit.

I used a shed from Liberty Storage Solutions, which eased labor costs because the structure already had windows, a door, and the foundations for lighting and electricity.

107227815-1681913699007-PreciousShed.jpg

Precious used a lofted shed from Liberty Storage Solutions as the base of her tiny home.

4. Determine your design needs.

Once you've picked a structure, you'll need at least a site plan (which outlines your existing lot and proposed improvements) and a floor plan (the layout for the structure) to start construction.

You can find qualified architects, engineers or land surveyors online to help with this. I bought my site plan from 24h Plans for $99.

Since I used a prefabricated shed, I easily designed my own interior online (i.e., wall dimensions, where I wanted to place my work desk).

107196782-1676667368584-TinyHome_Couch__upstairs.jpg

Nestled under the sleeping loft is a small desk, which Precious uses to check emails and catch up on work.

5. Get multiple construction bids.

A general contractor can oversee pretty much all aspects of a construction project, including drywall installation, plumbing and paint jobs.

Local home improvement stores often have a list of recommended contractors, or you can ask friends, family and neighbors.

Show your plan to multiple contractors and try to get at least five different bids. To get the most accurate estimated cost, make sure to discuss what materials you want to use (i.e., type of wood floors, cabinetry, tiles).

107196785-1676667580472-MakeIt_230201_UNL_TinyHome_Kitchen2.jpg

The rustic barn sliding doors provide easy privacy.

6. Secure your return on investment.

Before moving in, I rented out my tiny home for almost two years — and grossed almost $32,000, nearly covering the cost of what I spent to build the home.

But your ROI doesn't have to be money-related. It could be that you have have more flexibility in the form of a home office, or even a separate living space for aging parents or guests.

The goal is to have fun with designing the perfect space for your ideal lifestyle.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
27-year-old pays $0 to live in a ‘luxury tiny home’—how she built it for $35,000: 'I forget I'm living in a shed'

Precious Price, Contributor
Published Sat, May 13 2023 10:00 AM EDT
Updated Sat, May 13 2023 10:06 AM EDT

In 2020, I built a tiny home in the backyard of my 1,400-square-foot house in Atlanta, Georgia for about $35,000.

Today, it's my primary residence, and I live in it for $0; my mortgage, property taxes and utility bills are covered by rent I collect from renting out my main home.

The house is only 296 square feet, but it's efficiently designed. A lot of the time, I forget I'm living in a shed.

Tiny homes are just beginning to gain traction in the U.S., but the process isn't as straightforward as it should be. Here's my advice on how to build your own backyard tiny home:

1. Check your local zoning.

Although some major cities are easing regulations on tiny homes to encourage more housing supply, many still restrict what you can and cannot do with your land.

You can typically find the zoning codes for your property address through your city's local zoning map. Do a quick Google search with your city's name and the terms "zoning map" or "zoning office."

If nothing comes up, call your city's building and planning department.

Your zone will determine whether or not tiny homes are permitted, as well as how big your lot needs to be in order to build one, and the maximum size of the structure.

107196829-1676671117511-MakeIt_230201_UNL_TinyHome_Aerial2.jpg

Precious' tiny home sits in the back corner of her 7,280-square-foot backyard.

2. Consider your financing options.

Instead of a bank loan, I cashed out $8,500 in stocks and put about $20,000 on my credit cards to pay for everything. This allowed me to get cash back.

But if you need financial assistance, there are many other options:

• A home equity line of credit (HELOC) lets you borrow against the available equity in your home, and the house is used as collateral for the line of credit.
• A home equity loan gives you a lump sum payment with a fixed (but usually higher) interest rate.
• Cash-out refinancing replaces your existing mortgage with new terms and allows you to cash out the difference.
• A construction loan is short-term financing that can be used to cover the costs associated with building a house, from start to finish.

107196775-1677096084538-MakeIt_230201_UNL_TinyHome_WalkingDog_2.jpg

Precious' dog Sachia also lives in the tiny home with her. She plans to entertain friends in the backyard when the weather gets warmer.

3. Pick your structure.

The most expensive but customizable option is a "stick built" — a home built from scratch. The most cost-efficient is a prefabricated unit.

I used a shed from Liberty Storage Solutions, which eased labor costs because the structure already had windows, a door, and the foundations for lighting and electricity.

107227815-1681913699007-PreciousShed.jpg

Precious used a lofted shed from Liberty Storage Solutions as the base of her tiny home.

4. Determine your design needs.

Once you've picked a structure, you'll need at least a site plan (which outlines your existing lot and proposed improvements) and a floor plan (the layout for the structure) to start construction.

You can find qualified architects, engineers or land surveyors online to help with this. I bought my site plan from 24h Plans for $99.

Since I used a prefabricated shed, I easily designed my own interior online (i.e., wall dimensions, where I wanted to place my work desk).

107196782-1676667368584-TinyHome_Couch__upstairs.jpg

Nestled under the sleeping loft is a small desk, which Precious uses to check emails and catch up on work.

5. Get multiple construction bids.

A general contractor can oversee pretty much all aspects of a construction project, including drywall installation, plumbing and paint jobs.

Local home improvement stores often have a list of recommended contractors, or you can ask friends, family and neighbors.

Show your plan to multiple contractors and try to get at least five different bids. To get the most accurate estimated cost, make sure to discuss what materials you want to use (i.e., type of wood floors, cabinetry, tiles).

107196785-1676667580472-MakeIt_230201_UNL_TinyHome_Kitchen2.jpg

The rustic barn sliding doors provide easy privacy.

6. Secure your return on investment.

Before moving in, I rented out my tiny home for almost two years — and grossed almost $32,000, nearly covering the cost of what I spent to build the home.

But your ROI doesn't have to be money-related. It could be that you have have more flexibility in the form of a home office, or even a separate living space for aging parents or guests.

The goal is to have fun with designing the perfect space for your ideal lifestyle.

Take a shit and the only way you escape is you have to leave the tiny house. Take a shit in your 2, 3 story home then you go to another floor and wait it out. Also don't fuck around and be tipsy on that ladder. You may break your neck or back.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I have been in the LA, South Cali area and the new thing I am seeing is mofos living in boats.

They will have that boat parked on the street on its trailer and use a ladder to get in/out that mofo.

It’s wild seeing a sailboat with the sails mounted on top in storage position and that big ass fin on the bottom parked on the street.

J-28-Triad-Trailer-320x240_c.jpg

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
I have been in the LA, South Cali area and the new thing I am seeing is mofos living in boats.

They will have that boat parked on the street on its trailer and use a ladder to get in/out that mofo.

It’s wild seeing a sailboat with the sails mounted on top in storage position and that big ass fin on the bottom parked on the street.

J-28-Triad-Trailer-320x240_c.jpg
Da fuck

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
As I see more and more of these becoming popular and the norm like TV shows with these "tiny houses" type living, issues that I ask is where is the equity.

You gotta find like minded people to sell it to and obviously location.

I just feel people need space. The whole tiny living thing is not for me. That's like how they have people living in spaces the size of a bed in a pod and that's their entire living space. And people will think that's cool.
The rich are re-formatting American thinking. In order for them to have more of the "good stuff", they have to sell a bag of goods to the American public that normalizes this. That way, they can focus on selling "real houses" to people with "real money".

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered

I see all the time that is consumed with a house and its complexity, no way I am getting one. You also have to think about aging and not having all that youthful energy to maintain a house.

You don't need that many square feet to live, plus it decreases energy efficiency.

Last edited:

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
White folks gonna make big money from these.

Can a Big Village Full of Tiny Homes Ease Homelessness in Austin?

One of the nation’s largest experiments in affordable housing to address chronic homelessness is taking shape outside the city limits.

By Lucy Tompkins
Published Jan. 8, 2024
Updated Jan. 9, 2024

00HW-AUSTIN-VILLAGE-01-zbhk-mobileMasterAt3x-v5.jpg

Residents playing bingo at Community First! Village, which aspires to be a model of permanent affordable housing for people who are chronically homeless

00HW-AUSTIN-VILLAGE-06-zbhk-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg

Justin Tyler Jr. chose a tiny home in the oldest part of Community First! Village, where residents’ cactus and rock gardens created a “funky, hippie vibe” that appealed to him.

00HW-AUSTIN-VILLAGE-04-zbhk-mobileMasterAt3x-v2.jpg

Street signs mark pathways and roads within the village.

00HW-AUSTIN-VILLAGE-16-zbhk-mobileMasterAt3x-v3.jpg

Alan Graham, the founder of Community First, standing on the porch of the house he shares with his wife in the village.

00HW-AUSTIN-VILLAGE-12-zbhk-mobileMasterAt3x-v3.jpg

Rent at the village averages about $385 a month. The tiny homes that make up two-thirds of the dwellings go for slightly lower rent but have no indoor plumbing.

00HW-AUSTIN-VILLAGE-08-zbhk-mobileMasterAt3x-v3.jpg

About 55 residents live in R.V.s in the village as missionals, including Sarah and Casey Bushman. “They’re people we can always call, they’re always there for us,” one resident said.

00HW-AUSTIN-VILLAGE-03-zbhk-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg

An amphitheater for screening movies provides entertainment in the village.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The rich are re-formatting American thinking. In order for them to have more of the "good stuff", they have to sell a bag of goods to the American public that normalizes this. That way, they can focus on selling "real houses" to people with "real money".
Think of it like homosexuality. It was 2006 when some Asian kid was telling me dates were so hard to come by, men were dating men.

totto

Rising Star
Registered

Florida related but this is gonna be a problem anyone who has been to Hialeah knows how that city operates. They vote for no regulation for a reason.