Kendrick Lamar disses Drake & J Cole on Metro Boomin & Futures Album/ Rick Ross Responds/ Kanye Responds/Kendrick Responds 4X / Drake Responds 3X

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The e videos don’t even shock me no more. It’s the biggest song in the world it’s gonna get played everywhere at this point lol.

^^^

I realized the other day most people have no idea what the song is REALLY about which is sad, telling and not really that surprising considering that most people don't care about anything more than the beat and hook.

I have had people ask me why is that song every where.

We live in such vacuums and still believe incorrectly that everyone else lives and dies with the stuff WE care about.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nah.....
Euphoria
Meet The Grahams
...then Not Like Us

NLU just has a greater reach and people can dance to it....but its not the better diss track.
It’s not the most lyrical but it for sure is the best diss track among those. It’s catchiness and simplicity with that beat? That record just gonna do more damage and it’s the genius of it. He could’ve came out the gate with that record but he masterfully dropped that shit to the point you can’t even respond to it.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
^^^

I realized the other day most people have no idea what the song is REALLY about which is sad, telling and not really that surprising considering that most people don't care about anything more than the beat and hook.

I have had people ask me why is that song every where.

We live in such vacuums and still believe incorrectly that everyone else lives and dies with the stuff WE care about.
Yeah I mean the song is accusing someone to be a pedo and it’s the number one song in the country. R Kelly didn’t even get this treatment lol.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yeah I mean the song is accusing someone to be a pedo and it’s the number one song in the country. R Kelly didn’t even get this treatment lol.

And they it playing every where like you said (some very inappropriate places to) and I have had even Black people ask me - who sings this song?

A masterwork by Kendrick but I still don't think he is happy that this song is associated with his career. In the overall sense. He okay with the battle win but not that Aubrey forced his hand like that. I don't think K wanted to be associated with that stuff in any way shape or form.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
And they it playing every where like you said (some very inappropriate places to) and I have had even Black people ask me - who sings this song?

A masterwork by Kendrick but I still don't think he is happy that this song is associated with his career. In the overall sense. He okay with the battle win but not that Aubrey forced his hand like that. I don't think K wanted to be associated with that stuff in any way shape or form.
I can see that….even though his actions say otherwise he’s monetized the shit out of this record but I could see him not wanting his hand forced….

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I can see that….even though his actions say otherwise he’s monetized the shit out of this record but I could see him not wanting his hand forced….

That's just my opinion based on everything I've read and seen. K actually CARES about his music the message the content and his legacy. I could see HATING not Drake per se but Drake forcing him to do ALL this. Battle is a battle. But we went from your stupid, weak, gay, screwing your wife, condoms in your baby seat to pedophilia.

I feel like that ain't the hip hop history K wanted to make.

We already had dudes pissing on graves and singing death raps face to face at a verzuz.

If we keep saying all this is fair?

we gonna be in a place we gonna never be able to recover from. And we won't be able to blame white folk

This all on us.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nah.....
Euphoria
Meet The Grahams
...then Not Like Us

NLU just has a greater reach and people can dance to it....but its not the better diss track.

Yeah they're definitely stretching it. "Best diss track ever"?

It's just catchy and niggas just needed something to twerk to :lol:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
He's definitely knocking on the door of all time greats. I think the density of to pimp a butterfly and big steppers might keep him the discussion tho.

that's why all these "new friends" following Kendrick are the height of hilarity to me. Where were they before? They think every consonant and deep breathe have a deeper meaning now. And trust all that tik tok deciphering is a small gift and huge curse.

Pac had this charm charisma spirit and delivery that was just so ACCESSIBLE

I still stand by that he was NOT the best MC in all the traditional metrics

but he is unrivaled poet orator and artist... Kendrick is damn near there too on THAT part.

*edit - Biggie - aint no more to it.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
With social media and everyone singing it, the way it's performing on the charts it's definitely the most "Popular" diss song ever.

But far from the best.

that is not even debatable.

* But don't listen to me I liked the Pac AI song. And thought all that sturm und drang from his "fan base" was performative.

Last edited:

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
that is not even debatable.

* But don't listen to me I liked the Pac AI song. And thought all that sturm und drang from his "fan base" was performative.

Truthfully I think that I like every song in the disses except "Pushups" more than "Not Like Us".

"Not Like Us" is cool, but it's not a song that I listen to.

I think it might be just me though :lol:

I think that it's perfectly executed, dope vid and all that. But it's not a song that I listen to.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Truthfully I think that I like every song in the disses except "Pushups" more than "Not Like Us".

"Not Like Us" is cool, but it's not a song that I listen to.

I think it might be just me though :lol:

I think that it's perfectly executed, dope vid and all that. But it's not a song that I listen to.

Its CATCHY as f**k ridiculously so.

I catch myself humming the hook and bridge all the time

And it would have been a hit REGARDLESS of the content (Kendrick gotta thank Drake for at LEAST that)

But euphoria to me is special but I don't think ANY of Drake's responses save probably the last one were sub par or lacking and ONLY in the sense I felt he got on the defensive too much at the end.

my favorite SONG? is probably 6:16 In LA and really diss wise it wasn't THAT scathing.

But low key?

Family Matters SHOULD have ended all this right there THAT is probably the best DISS RECORD

But it did not and that my friends is where and when Kendrick Lamar stated “Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

And it would have been a hit REGARDLESS of the content (Kendrick gotta thank Drake for at LEAST that)

But euphoria to me is special but I don't think ANY of Drake's responses save probably the last one were sub par or lacking and ONLY in the sense I felt he got on the defensive too much at the end.

my favorite SONG? is probably 6:16 In LA and really diss wise it wasn't THAT scathing.

But low key?

Family Matters SHOULD have ended all this right there THAT is probably the best DISS RECORD

But it did not and that my friends is where and when Kendrick Lamar stated “Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”
I think meet the grahams was the best diss followed by 6:16. That dark shit was crazy…

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I think meet the grahams was the best diss followed by 6:16. That dark shit was crazy…

Meet the Grahams conceptually is ridiculously Innovative that to me shouldn't even be considered a diss track that's too reductive.

But Family Matters is a kill shot to ANYONE ELSE except Ken Wick.

One positive out this mess was Drake showing he can still rap his damn ass off.

And honestly those sounded like Aubrey Graham handwritten bars. Salute to him

The negative for Kendrick I feel like strong records like 6 16 which would have classic hits are going to get lost because of the rush to drop responses which in retrospect MUSICALLY ruined the experience for me personally.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The negative for Kendrick I feel like strong records like 6 16 which would have classic hits are going to get lost because of the rush to drop responses which in retrospect MUSICALLY ruined the experience for me personally.
i actually viewed 6:16 as a positive.............it made makin mufuckas put on their thinking caps.....as well as Euphoria.
Nobody has to go back and dissect none of Drake's songs....the shit was very simplified. But you definitely have to breakdown every Kendrick diss bar by fuckin bar....

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
i actually viewed 6:16 as a positive.............it made makin mufuckas put on their thinking caps.....as well as Euphoria.
Nobody has to go back and dissect none of Drake's songs....the shit was very simplified. But you definitely have to breakdown every Kendrick diss bar by fuckin bar....

I guess, but not for me. To me they all had depth, wordplay, metaphors and subs etc. Kendrick as always gonna over do it cause that WHO he is and folk gonna pull exaggerated sh*t out the ass to MAKE it deep even if it isn't. Drake fans did the SAME thing too. That's truly subjective. But I thought they both put in serious work. Kendrick just outpunched him on all the judges cards.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

But low key?

"Not Like Us" it very catchy and the world proved that because they love it! :lol:

I like it, it did its job and then some but it's not a song that I listen to. I watched the video when it was released and haven't watched it since.

All of Kendrick's songs are different from each other and that's talent. "Euphoria's" different because that was the awakening of a monster. Drake released two songs and the response was here.

Drake's last track was viewed as subpar because he sounded defeated. He sounded tired and he was, tired of the bs pedo allegations :lol:

Drake told Kendrick in the angle that he'd take on "Taylor Made" and he did and ran with it.

"Family Matters" would've been much bigger, much bigger if Kendrick released MTG a week or two later.

But Kendrick was prepared tactically and released MTG immediately after it making everyone forget about it.