Lord Jamar and Godfrey refuse to go Vlad tv until Vlad apologize to Min. Farakhan

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
2pac-tupac.gif

sidebar...

Latifah right about something else - a lot of foul stuff happened during battles back and the day

that don't make it right.

Please don't forget that Pac dissed Mobb Deep and went on a sickle cell rant only to later find out they NEVER dissed him personally. His crew the Outlawz told him Prodigy had a line mentioning thug life and they FELT they were dissing Pac. Which was NOT true.

HE also had to talk to Tribe and NAs etc

Miscommunication misunderstanding that could have potentially lead to serious consequences squashed over one conversation.

Point being just became we did dumb shit back in the day doesn't mean we should CONTINUE it now.

Heavenlywings77

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
2pac-tupac.gif

sidebar...

Latifah right about something else - a lot of foul stuff happened during battles back and the day

that don't make it right.

Please don't forget that Pac dissed Mobb Deep and went on a sickle cell rant only to later find out they NEVER dissed him personally. His crew the Outlawz told him Prodigy had a line mentioning thug life and they FELT they were dissing Pac. Which was NOT true.

HE also had to talk to Tribe and NAs etc

Miscommunication misunderstanding that could have potentially lead to serious consequences squashed over one conversation.

Point being just became we did dumb shit back in the day doesn't mean we should CONTINUE it now.

It's part of our culture, always has been

Heavenlywings77

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
doesn't mean if its hurting us we have to keep it.

Yes it does, it's there for a particular reason.

I hate to be this guy. And because we're not talking face to face and you can't hear my tone, or see my expressions (alot is left to interpretation with text)
But I mean this with all due respect. You said "we" Hip Hop os a foundational black American thing.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
And black folk blow up their youtube

Nerdy cac is British and got big reporting on black death King Von and Chiraq. His views just on one vid be in the hundreds of thousands close to million

I had NO IDEA who this man was until a few days ago.

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I cant speak for her but the way I took it?

She was saying Vlad your a long time culture vulture and a troll criticizing K and Mustard STFU and you sound like a colonizer

which MANY MANY people said the same thing.

I don't really think what she said matters

It was all his reaction. It was so overboard and so specifically white entitlement privileged sh*t?

And this ain't really new for him.

I THINK she was making a much larger overall point about his vulture life.
Yeah his response was over the top, my thing is when she said he basically can't comment on this rap battle because he's white. If she directly said the other things you interpreted, then cool. Like what if some cac said to you don't comment on country music, this a white thing.. I know I wouldn't like someone saying to me what I can and cannot comment on.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yeah his response was over the top, my thing is when she said he basically can't comment on this rap battle because he's white. If she directly said the other things you interpreted, then cool. Like what if some cac said to you don't comment on country music, this a white thing.. I know I wouldn't like someone saying to me what I can and cannot comment on.

Well we invented country but I digress

I may be a bad example because I would respect it

I don't go in the NHL chat telling dudes they don't prep the power play correctly.

And if a REAL hockey fan called me out I would respect it because I am a guest

Vlad is a former DJ, producer and technician. He been involved in hip hop for over 20 years. He knows what a mix sounds like.

But aint nobody come to see you Otis

and he SPECIFICALLY responded to HER. It is so obvious what kind man he is.

He is also a tumor on the culture that sickens it with his trolling and promotion of the most negative aspects of our culture for profit. He maintains his privilege while creating generational wealth from corroding our culture. Even his recent comments about reparations, Tarji, Shannon Sharp, or going back to dissing Nas and the Minister. He just... at the same time? He created a media blueprint for our culture to follow, has historic interviews, and the ABILITY to do good because of the size of his audience. He just seems like a bad guy.

So I UNDERSTOOD why the professor responded like she did.

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Well we invented country but I digress

I may be a bad example because I would respect it

I don't go in the NHL chat telling dudes they don't prep the power play correctly.

And if a REAL hockey fan called me out I would respect it because I am a guest

Vlad is a former DJ, producer and technician. He been involved in hip hop for over 20 years. He knows what a mix sounds like.

But aint nobody come to see you Otis

and he SPECIFICALLY responded to HER. It is so obvious what kind man he is.

He is also a tumor on the culture that sickens it with his trolling and promotion of the most negative aspects of our culture for profit. He maintains his privilege while creating generational wealth from corroding our culture. Even his recent comments about reparations, Tarji, Shannon Sharp, or going back to dissing Nas and the Minister. He just... at the same time? He created a media blueprint for our culture to follow, has historic interviews, and the ABILITY to do good because of the size of his audience. He just seems like a bad guy.

So I UNDERSTOOD why the professor responded like she did.
All of what you said may be true but for me personally I'm just looking at it in its most simplicit form and that's someone telling what I can and cannot speak on. Most of this board hates Vlad, me personally I have no love or hate for him.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
All of what you said may be true but for me personally I'm just looking at it in its most simplicit form and that's someone telling what I can and cannot speak on. Most of this board hates Vlad, me personally I have no love or hate for him.

I understand

But you cannot seperate what she said from the heavy baggage that Vlad carries.

This isn't happening in a vacuum

That is precisely why he was triggered

And why he SPECIFICALLY Attacked that black women out of the hundreds of other tweets he received telling him to STFU.

And the WAY he attacked her

When he felt he couldn't defend himself as simply as you just did? He chose the whitest most privileged most damaging way to 'win".

If it was as simple as you say... why couldn't he just say that and leave it be?

Because it was bigger than that and he felt exposed felt threatened and lashed out in fear of further exposure. (Which says all you need to know)

And ONLY apologized when his "black friends ' wouldn't back him. (I wonder why?)

HIS behavior in the simplest form as you said exposed HIM completely because a woman saying you can't speak on something gets her ignored muted or blocked

Not fired.

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I understand

But you cannot seperate what she said from the heavy baggage that Vlad carries.

This isn't happening in a vacuum

That is precisely why he was triggered

And why he SPECIFICALLY Attacked that black women out of the hundreds of other tweets he received telling him to STFU.

And the WAY he attacked her

When he felt he couldn't defend himself as simply as you just did? He chose the whitest most privileged most damaging way to 'win".

If it was as simple as you say... why couldn't he just say that and leave it be?

Because it was bigger than that and he felt exposed felt threatened and lashed out in fear of further exposure. (Which says all you need to know)

And ONLY apologized when his "black friends ' wouldn't back him. (I wonder why?)

HIS behavior in the simplest form as you said exposed HIM completely because a woman saying you can't speak on something gets her ignored muted or blocked

Not fired.
Well said bro, I feel where you are coming from.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Well said bro, I feel where you are coming from.

Respect

Don't get it twisted.

The good sister also has to understand that if you decide to play like that? You might catch an elbow to the mouth.

I would have told her not to send anything. Write a think piece do a youtube video

Twitter has never been the place to make the point she was trying to make concisely

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

DJ Vlad has yet to respond to Tyrese’s post, and this isn’t the first time someone has called him out. Several people, including Benny the Butcher, Asian Doll, NLE Choppa, Top Dawg Entertainment President Terrence "Punch" Henderson, and many more, have voiced their displeasure with Vlad’s popular platform.