~Louisiana Festivals & Fairs - "In Da Boot We Party" poboy fest in Nola 10/27)

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
hitting up New Orleans this time next month

I'm pissed I'm a month too late

Definitely will have something to do kinfolk

FQF
[WM]http://distilleryimage2.s3.amazonaws.com/30958df4c38711e389ad0002c9dcbd7e_101.mp4[/WM]

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
BR Blues Fest

-4aa169fe94f15fd5.jpg

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
well this is normal...but just using the Quarters to have a excuse for a big party...

Fqf
a2c64874c38611e39ef50002c9d4184a_8.jpg

I might be back in June though. Something about that voodoo pussy lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
I might be back in June though. Something about that voodoo pussy lol

I'm planning to have this a very knowledgeable thread with information and pics...

Along with the feedback of the attendees....

There's a few gathering on the books for June, like I told u it's something to do.

MaxDawg said it best "the end of football season & Mardi Gras equal festival time somewhere...

Strawberry Fest
b3d4f4fec35d11e3a14e0002c9d4184a_8.jpg

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I'm planning to have this a very knowledgeable thread with information and pics...

Along with the feedback of the attendees....

There's a few gathering on the books for June, like I told u it's something to do.

MaxDawg said it best "the end of football season & Mardi Gras equal festival time somewhere...

Strawberry Fest
b3d4f4fec35d11e3a14e0002c9d4184a_8.jpg

Bet. Subbed

sherminator

They hate to see us wiiiiinnnniiinnng
Registered
Man you brothers got me hyped, I"m looking to move there in July and start working for a doctor, I don't even care if I will be dolo I'm trying to hit them up ASAP :dance:

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Eric%20Clapton%20New%20Orleans%20Jazz%20Fest%202014.jpg

April 25-May 4

New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival Presented by Shell The 45th annual Jazz Fest features 7 full days of music, contemporary and traditional crafts, abundant local foods, and cultural programs. The 2014 lineup includes Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Lyle Lovett, Christina Aguilera, Santana, the Avett Brothers, Arcade Fire, Vampire Weekend, Charlie Wilson, Robert Plant, Robin Thicke, Trey Songz, the Alabama Shakes, the String Cheese Incident, Public Enemy, and Maze featuring Frankie Beverly. Admission: $65 at the gate. Fair Grounds Race Course and Slots, 1751 Gentilly Blvd, New Orleans,

Who's playing:0

ERIC CLAPTON •BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN AND THE E STREET BAND •CHRISTINA AGUILERA •PHISH ARCADE FIRE •SANTANA •ROBIN THICKE •THE STRING CHEESE INCIDENT •TREY SONGZ VAMPIRE WEEKEND •FOSTER THE PEOPLE •TROMBONE SHORTY & ORLEANS AVENUE AARON NEVILLE •PUBLIC ENEMY •THE AVETT BROTHERS •CHARLIE WILSON •ALABAMA SHAKES JOHN FOGERTY •CHAKA KHAN •ROBERT PLANT AND THE SENSATIONAL SPACE SHIFTERS ALLEN TOUSSAINT •RUBÉN BLADES & ROBERTO DELGADO ORCHESTRA •IRMA THOMAS REBIRTH BRASS BAND •LYLE LOVETT •THE HEAD AND THE HEART •BOZ SCAGGS THE RADIATORS RETURN •AL JARREAU •JOHNNY WINTER •BOBBY WOMACK •BIG FREEDIA DELBERT MCCLINTON •KEB’ MO’ •NORTH MISSISSIPPI ALLSTARS •MAZE FEAT. FRANKIE BEVERLY IVAN NEVILLE’S DUMPSTAPHUNK WITH SPECIAL GUEST ART NEVILLE CHICK COREA & THE VIGIL •MARY MARY •ANDERS OSBORNE •JASON ISBELL PRESERVATION HALL JAZZ BAND •JOHN HIATT AND THE COMBO BRANFORD MARSALIS QUARTET •THE DIRTY DOZEN BRASS BAND •RACHELLE FERRELL KERMIT RUFFINS & THE BARBECUE SWINGERS •LAURA MVULA IRVIN MAYFIELD & THE NEW ORLEANS JAZZ ORCHESTRA •SOLANGE •PHAROAH SANDERS WALTER “WOLFMAN” WASHINGTON & THE ROADMASTERS •THE RANCE ALLEN GROUP THE MAVERICKS •GALACTIC •CHARLES BRADLEY & HIS EXTRAORDINAIRES •TAB BENOIT ROBERT EARL KEEN •BETTER THAN EZRA •ALEJANDRO ESCOVEDO & THE SENSITIVE BOYS JON BATISTE AND STAY HUMAN •BOMBINO •DR. LONNIE SMITH TRIO •JOHNNYSWIM BOBBY JONES & NASHVILLE SUPER CHOIR •JOE LOUIS WALKER •BERNARD ALLISON GROUP ROY ROGERS & THE DELTA RHYTHM KINGS •THE TERENCE BLANCHARD GROUP GREGORY PORTER •RENÉ MARIE – WITH LOVE TO EARTHA KITT •PJ MORTON DAVELL CRAWFORD •GREENSKY BLUEGRASS •SONNY LANDRETH THE INFAMOUS STRINGDUSTERS •JOHN BOUTTÉ •SLEEPY MAN BANJO BOYS ALEXIS & THE SAMURAI DR. MICHAEL WHITE & THE ORIGINAL LIBERTY JAZZ BAND WITH THAIS CLARK SPENCER TAYLOR & THE HIGHWAY QC’S •DOTTIE PEOPLES
Artists Subject to Change

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
File:LSPEntrance-.jpg

RODEO%20POSTCARD.jpg

img_0322.jpg

Spring Rodeo - Saturday, April 26, and Sunday, April 27, 2014

The Angola Prison Rodeo, staged at the Louisiana State Penitentiary, is the longest running prison rodeo in the United States.

It is held on one weekend in April and on every Sunday in October. On each occasion, thousands of visitors enter the prison complex. Various prisoner organizations sell food at concession stands. Many of the prisoners use family recipes to craft the concession stand food. Prison guards conduct the financial transactions at the Angola Rodeo.

As part of the prison rodeo, there is an Arts and Crafts Festival that is biannual. Prisoners make handmade work. Melissa Schrift, author of "Angola Prison Art: Captivity, Creativity, and Consumerism", wrote that "In addition to introducing innovations into vernacular prison art forms, Angola inmates find enormous value in creating works that embody or mimic the everyday images and goods so readily available in the outside world."

The rodeo raises funds for religious educational programs for prisoners. As of 2013 each spring rodeo raises $450,000. The rodeo's slogan is "the wildest show in the South".

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Nola Jazz Fest 2014

f16e6ebcce3411e3a4500002c9c70a44_8.jpg

f228c9bace3411e3b6190002c9b2729e_8.jpg

Baby mardi Gras Indian
10175203_525367794239438_1284215625_n.jpg

8507ecdace3411e3baea0002c9916f8c_8.jpg

"I could spend a lifetime here and never feel like
I made it through the checklist. Until next time, Nola."
(This is often the feeling if visitors)
a6fe9920ce3311e3955b0002c9bbcbf4_8.jpg

10245978_1401154383498659_1236037641_n.jpg

"We can't get enough of all the stunning creations being offered and made on the spot!"
0b9ac922ce3311e3afa40002c9c78a06_8.jpg

olly1969

Star
Registered
I only saw the corner "fight" of the Indians once in my life (back in the 70s), My aunt lived by the towers. I was around 8

max-dawg

8 vs 80
OG Investor
i'm gonna do my best to see the locals next weekend and to stop-by the gospel tent... one that is ALWAYS packed and very entertaining/inspirational.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
breaux-bridge-crawfish-festival-300x225.jpg

May 2-4

Breaux Bridge Crawfish Festival Crawfish-eating contests and races, Cajun dance lessons and cooking demonstrations, a carnival, parade, live zydeco, arts and crafts, a cook-off and more. Admission: TBA. Advance 3-day pass, $15. Parking, $3 per day. Parc Hardy, 2090 Rees St., Breaux Bridge

Last edited:

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Donut burger

02e4893ad32411e3aadd0002c99c5c78_8.jpg

Keith Frank

[WM]http://distilleryimage2.s3.amazonaws.com/2aff5b92d30711e3867b0002c9dcebe6_101.mp4[/WM]

max-dawg

8 vs 80
OG Investor
1st weekend of jazz fest is also the weekend for festival internationale in lafayette.

2nd weekend of jazz fest is also the weekend for the breaux bridge crawfish fest.

and the festival season is just getting started too. :yes:

who said, "it's boring outside of football season?"

:lol:

:dance:

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
MAIN STAGE

Nas
Thursday 10:50 PM
Ever since a 17-year-old Nasir Bin Olu Dara Jones appeared on Main Source’s 1991 classic “Live at the Barbeque,” hip-hop would be irrevocably changed. Nas. Gifted poet. Confessor. Agitator. Metaphor master. Street’s disciple. Political firebrand. Tongue-twisting genius. With music in his blood courtesy of famed blues musician father Olu Dara, the self-taught trumpeter attracted crowds with his playing at age 4, wrote his first verse at age 7 and, with 1994’s Illmatic, created one of the greatest hip-hop albums of all time before he could legally drink. Two decades on, Nas remains an incendiary, outspoken and brutally candid rapper on the recently released Life is Good, his tenth album and sixth to debut at the top of the Billboard 200.

Prince
Friday 10:30 PM
The 2014 ESSENCE Festival™ is excited to announce that this iconic artist will headline one of our stellar three nights of concerts July 4th weekend in New Orleans, LA. Join us Festival weekend as ESSENCE and Prince supports the Rebuild the Dream Innovation Fund to champion awareness and foster education for disadvantaged youth to learn the language of computer coding and programming.

Janelle Monáe
Friday 8:20 PM
A GRAMMY-nominated singer-songwriter, performer, producer and CoverGirl spokesperson, Janelle Monáe is known for her unique style and groundbreaking sound. In 2010, Monáe released the highly-anticipated and critically-acclaimed album The ArchAndroid, which earned her two GRAMMY Award nominations. In 2013, her celebrated album The Electric Lady reached No. 5 on the Billboard Top 200 Chart. The video for the album’s first single, “Q.U.E.E.N.,” received a coveted MTV VMA Moonman. Monáe also received Billboard’s prestigious 2013 Rising Star Award.

Nile Rodgers
Friday 9:20 PM
Awarding winning producer and artist Nile Rodgers joins Prince for his epic Festival performance on the main stage. Stay tuned for more information on this artist.

Mary J Blige
Saturday 11:30 PM
Iconic Grammy Award-winning singer, songwriter, actress and philanthropist, Mary J. Blige is a figure of inspiration, transformation and empowerment making Blige one of the defining voices of the contemporary music era. With a track record of eight multi-platinum albums, nine Grammy Awards (plus a staggering 29 nominations), a 2012 Golden Globe nomination, and four American Music Awards, Blige is a global superstar. And in the ensuing years, the singer/songwriter has attracted an intensely loyal fan base—responsible for propelling worldwide sales of more than 50 million albums.

JILL SCOTT
Saturday 10:10 PM
Three-time Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter, New York Times best selling poet, and critically acclaimed actress are only a few titles held by Jill Scott. Named People Magazine’s Top TV Breakout Star of 2010, Jill has been featured in every major magazine. Before having her recent album, The Light Of The Sun become the #1 record in the country and performing at The White House, the triple threat began her career collaborating with musical icons. With a background in musical theatre, Jill started her career as part of the Canadian cast of RENT, and has gone on to grow her true multimedia brand across books, clothing, TV and film. Her television credits include lead role in the HBO/BBC mini series filmed on location in Botswana, The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency, a Peabody Award-winning show. As well as Showtime’s Cavedweller and LMN’s Sins of The Mother for which she earned a NAACP Image Award and also became the second –most watched premiere in the networks history. For film, Scott has appeared in Hounddog, Tyler Perry’s Why Did I Get Married? and Tyler Perry’s Why Did I Get Married Too?

The Roots
Saturday 8:50 PM
The Roots, the legendary, Grammy Award winning hip hop crew and arguably the hardest working musicians in popular culture, turn 25 this year. The brainchild of childhood friends Ahmir “Questlove” Trotter and Tariq “Black Thought” Trotter, The Roots began their career playing bucket drums and freestyling on the streets and competing with Boyz II Men for top honors at The Philadelphia High school for Creative and Performing Arts. Named one of the greatest live acts by Rolling Stone, their career has evolved to include a weekly gig as the house band for Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, hosting sold-out jam sessions across country, collaborating on new works for contemporary performance (Lincoln Center, BAM, Kimmel Center), and consistently churning out Grammy®-nominated albums.

Ledisi
Saturday 7:45 PM
Over the past 13 years, New Orleans native Ledisi Anibade Young has recorded six albums, gained eight GRAMMY(R) nominations including a nod for “Best New Artist” in 2008, performed six times at the White House for President and Mrs. Obama, and earned a place in the pantheon of the best soul singers of her generation. Her new album The Truth is filled not only with Ledisi’s trademark soaring ballads but also something unexpected: a generous collection of up-tempo, beat-driven celebrations of love and lust. Ledisi explains that her new music is a reflection of her journey of self-discovery.

Tank
Saturday 7:00 PM
Tank is one of the most recognizable names in modern R&B, known for vivid storytelling and sensual love songs. He’s an icon in the making, with four albums and eight GRAMMY(R) nominations under his belt. He’s also a singer who carries the torch of masters like Marvin Gaye and Al Green, while redefining R&B for a new decade. The singer/songwriter/producer released his Atlantic Records debut Now or Never and he describes as his most confident yet. His secret is simple: He remains true to who he is, as a man and an artist.

Lionel Richie
Sunday 11:00 PM
Lionel Richie is an international Superstar with over 100 million albums sold worldwide and has been honored with countless awards including: An Oscar, 5 Grammys, 16 American Music Awards, and a Golden Globe among many others. Lionel is one of only two songwriters in history to achieve the honor of having number one records for nine consecutive years. Through his success Lionel has given back through The Lionel Richie Foundation which is an innovative program that will strengthen the partnership between major corporations, organizations and Tuskegee University while expanding the reach of African American Studies programs.

Charlie Wilson
Sunday 9:10 PM
Charlie Wilson has taken the word "Icon" to another level – with two separate careers. First as the lead singer for the legendary GAP Band and now as a solo artist. He has been honored with a BMI Icon Award, a Soul Train Icon Award, a Trumpet Foundation Lifetime Achievement Award and much more. His performances at the Essence Festivals are legendary and we look forward to him performing songs from his GRAMMY(R)-nominated albums, including his 2014 GRAMMY(R)-nominated song, “If I Believe” from the Love, Charlie album.

Erykah Badu
Sunday 7:50 PM
Erykah Badu, best known for her eccentric style and cerebral music, is a four-time GRAMMY® award winning American soul singer and songwriter. Regarded as the “First Lady of Neo-Soul” or the “Queen of Neo-Soul”, Badu’s sound—a concoction of soul, hip-hop and jazz—cannot be contained to a single genre. Self-described as a “mother first”, Badu is a touring artist, producer, dj, teacher, community activist, holistic healer, doula, vegan, and conscious spirit.

Jazmine Sullivan
Thursday 8:00 PM
In 2008, Jazmine Sullivan released her debut album Fearless, which featured the chart-topping hit singles “Need You Bad” and “Bust Your Windows,” and earned the Philly native an amazing seven Grammy nominations including Best New Artist. Jazmine released her second album, the critically acclaimed Love Me Back in 2010, of which the Associated Press declared as “something amazing” and consequently garnered her an eighth Grammy nomination. The recipient of Billboard’s Rising Star Award, Jazmine is currently working on her highly-anticipated third album, slated for release this year on RCA Records.

Jesse Boykins III
Thursday 7:30 PM
Jesse Boykins III is a singer / songwriter with a timeless sound. He is the creator of a new approach to music he calls “World Soul” in which he shares a point of view that crosses all genres, generations and cultures. In early 2008, Jesse Boykins III released his debut EP Dopamine: My Life On My Back, a soulful narrative covering a range of emotions from infatuation to lust to obsession with love and the pain of love lost. His follow-up release The Beauty Created, a critically-acclaimed LP soon followed.Currently, Jesse Boykins III is gearing up for the release of his new album Love Apparatus out April 22, 2014. The highly anticipated album features lauded singles “Plain” and “Show Me Who You Are,” which have received acclaim from the likes of Esquire, Noisey, VIBE, Okayplayer and more.

K. Michelle
Thursday 8:45 PM
Known to millions as a cast member on the hit VH1 series Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta, K. Michelle embarks on “The Rebellious Soul Tour” this November to celebrate her blockbuster new album, “REBELLIOUS SOUL.” The acclaimed album made a stunning #1 debut atop Billboard’s “Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums” chart upon its release earlier this summer. Furthermore, the album entered the overall SoundScan/Billboard 200 at #2 – the highest debut on the main chart for a female R&B singer's first album since March 2001. “REBELLIOUS SOUL” is highlighted by the hit singles, “V.S.O.P.” and “Can’t Raise A Man.” K. Michelle recently performed these two tracks at the Soul Train Awards in Las Vegas, where she also took home the Best New Artist award. The companion video for “V.S.O.P.” has garnered over 5 million views on K. Michelle’s official YouTube channel (http://youtu.be/X5y9Q5CmWYg). In addition to its massive popular success, “REBELLIOUS SOUL” has also received widespread critical applause, with the New York Times hailing it as a “milestone…it has the confidence of survival.” Vibe praised Michelle’s “triumphant vocals,” singling out “V.S.O.P.” as “energetic and infectious…(the album’s) shining star.”

Tamar Braxton
Sunday 7:00 PM
2013 was a break-out year for Tamar Braxton as she solidified herself as one of R&B’s leading divas. The Grammy Award-nominated singer, songwriter, and television producer released her #1 debuting album Love and War, starred in and produced two hit tv shows (Braxton Family Values and Tamar & Vince) and co-hosted FOX’s daytime talk show The Real. In support of the record, she performed to packed houses across the U.S. on a 30-city tour supporting John Legend, engaged in a whirlwind European promo run, and even picked up two 2013 Soul Train Awards, after performing at the event in Las Vegas. She also released her very first holiday album, Winter Loversland. On top of it all, she gave birth to her first son, feeling like as she puts it, “I won!”

Trey Songz
Thursday 9:30 PM
Grammy-nominated R&B superstar Trey Songz is an award-winning singer-songwriter, rapper, producer and actor who the late Ahmet Ertegun proclaimed to be “among the most promising R&B artists we have had on Atlantic since we started the company 60 years ago.” “CHAPTER V,” his highly-anticipated fifth album and the follow up to his 2010 album “PASSION, PAIN & PLEASURE,” featured the multi-platinum hit “Bottoms Up (feat. Nicki Minaj)” and the #1 single “Can’t Be Friends,” both of which helped the album go on to secure RIAA Gold certification. The multi-faceted Songz also has an eye towards digital innovation and, with more than 30 million followers across varied social platforms, recently launched his own social network – The Angel Network – in partnership with Handmade Mobile.
SUPERLOUNGE

Saturday 9:50 PM
112 (pronounced “One-TWELVE”) is an American R&B quartet from Atlanta, Georgia. They are best known for hit singles such as “Anywhere” and “Dance With Me”, and for winning a Grammy for their collaboration “I’ll Be Missing You” with Puff Daddy and Faith Evans. Formerly artists for Sean “P. Diddy” Combs’, the group left Bad Boy and signed to the Def Soul roster in the early 2000s. The groups is made up of members Daron Tavaris Jones, Michael Marcel Keith (aka Mike), Quinnes Diamond Parker (aka “Q”), and Marvin Eugene Scandrick, III (aka “Slim”), which all have known each other since childhood and have been singing together since high school. All started to sing at an early age in church.

Alice Smith
Friday 8:20 PM
Alice Smith is a passionate singer/songwriter/producer who has an unshakable sense of self and the attitude to match. Alice was raised between Washington, D.C., and Augusta, Georgia, on a steady diet of gospel, pop, soul and go-go. Her new album, She, is an intoxicating mixture of rock, pop and R&B that reveals Alice’s journey encompassing her disappointments and ultimate triumphs—and her story has never sounded so sweet.

August Alsina
Sunday 8:25 PM
August Alsina was born and bred from the streets of New Orleans, Louisiana. His brother’s death, which came days before his 18th birthday, became his motivation to enter into the game & not become a statistic. The 21-year-old is pursuing his musical aspirations on an entirely new level. His recently inked deal with Def Jam Recordings looks to be a great step in the right direction. Already a lifetime of experiences behind him, August is living proof that your past does not have to dictate your future, and that life’s hardships can be the motivation required for success. Recently named one of Shazam’s “Artists to Watch for 2014”, and coming off a 30 city US tour this past February/March with 2 Chainz and Pusha T, bet on hearing a lot more from August Alsina for years to come.

Big Sam's Funky Nation
Saturday 7:15 PM
Hailing from New Orleans, Big Sam (former trombone player of the Dirty Dozen Brass Band) always entertains audiences with his exhilarating brand of high-voltage funk, rock, jazz, and hip-hop, termed “Noladelic Powerfunk.” Accompanying Big Sam are Andrew Baham on Trumpet/Vocals, Joshua Connelly on Guitar/Vocals, Chocolate MILK on Drums and Jerry Henderson p/k/a Jblakk on Bass. Together, BIG SAM’S FUNKY NATION engages and delights audiences across the country with their high energy performance and showmanship. One of New Orleans’ most energetic bands—-A Big Sam show is one not to be missed!

Daley
Saturday 7:30 PM
With his signature black frames and mohawk, Daley’s image already surmises his budding status as soul impresario for the 21st century. At only 24-years-old, the homegrown UK singer-songwriter is on his way to redefining the way R&B/Soul not only looks but sounds and feels. Fusing R&B/Soul aesthetics he grew up on (from Prince’s funky fervor to D’Angelo’s neo-soul) with sparse electro-ambient stylings, he effectively captures this generation’s sonic amalgam. While his palette’s rooted in the classics, he pushes music forward with a sound beyond his years. Part of Daley’s international appeal comes from his ability to harmonize the sounds of yesterday and tomorrow with the technologies of today. His Twitter hash tag ”#ASKDALEY” has trended globally, while he’s notably become one of BBC 1xtra Live’s most shared acts to date.

Day26
Sunday 7:20 PM
Day26, the R&B/Hip Hop Group formed by Sean "Diddy" Combs during MTV’s Hit Reality Show “Making the Band 4, has sold over 1 million albums and singles collectively. They also won Best R&B Group at the 2009 BET Awards. In 2008, their single, "Got Me Going", earned Digital download of the year honors. After taking a break to pursue solo endeavors, Day26 has reunited. All 5 members have committed to recording a new album and are also set to embark upon a 30 city United States Tour. Other major celebrities and hot upcoming artists will also participate in this long overduetour; a reunion, that has been requested and highly anticipated by Day26 fans nationwide.

Doug E Fresh
Saturday 9:00 PM
Doug E. Fresh is an American rapper, record producer, and beatboxer. One of the earliest beatboxers (and still seen as one of the best), Fresh is able to imitate drum machines and various special effects with often startling accuracy. Fresh’s early records are out of print, and have never been released on compact disc; thus original records can command high prices. Fresh became a major rap star in 1985. His single “The Show/La Di Da Di,” is considered an early hip hop classic. The iconic “Get Fresh Crew” featured DJs Barry B., Chill Will, and MC Ricky D (who would later achieve fame as Slick Rick).

Elle Varner
Sunday 9:50 PM
Elle Varner exploded into the music scene and to the top of the charts when her self-penned, 11-song debut album, PERFECTLY IMPERFECT (MBK Entertainment/RCA Records), entered at #2 and #4 on Billboard’s R&B Albums and Top 200 charts, respectively. The breakthrough album won Elle a “Best New Artist” Soul Train Music Award, a “Best R&B Song” Grammy nomination for her hit single “Refill,” and critical acclaim across the board from the media and fans alike, including the FLOTUS Michelle Obama and daughter Malia. Continuing to make her mark as an award-winning singer/songwriter, Elle Varner sees no limit to her possibilities as she prepares for her sophomore album release this year.

Estelle
Friday 8:15 PM
Grammy-award winning artist Estelle’s climactic rise from local West London MC to Grammy Award-winning artist is the stuff of legends. Estelle burst on the international scene with her second album Shine. Her hit single “American Boy,” in collaboration with rapper Kanye West, won a Grammy Award for Best Rap/Song Collaboration, in addition to being nominated for Song of the Year and many other awards worldwide. Showing no signs of slowing down, Estelle recently launched her new independent label, taking full creative control of all her current and future music endeavors.

George Tandy Jr
Sunday 7:00 PM
George Tandy, Jr's debut radio release "March", reached a historical #3 on the Billboard Adult R&B Chart. George creates brilliant music that is rich with honesty, vulnerability and raw emotion. You can call it R&B, Folk Music or even call it Jazz. Some call it Soul, with a hint of Hip Hop and note his Classical music influences. No matter what you call it, you are correct every time. George personally prefers to call his music "SOULternative."

Greta Prince
Friday 7:25 PM
Of hundreds of hopefuls across the country and after a nationwide vote, Greta won the coveted title of Essence Magazine’s first R&B Star Search competition! Her first single, the soulful “You Should Know” released under legendary Malaco Music Group is available online everywhere. Greta has performed at the Essence Music Festival every year since winning her title and is humbled to perform again this year.

Jagged Edge
Sunday 9:25 PM
With over 8 million records sold across 7 studio albums (5 of them gold or multi-platinum), Jagged Edge is one of the most successful R&B groups in music. For nearly two decades, J.E. has issued numerous Top 10 singles under So So Def, including “Let’s Get Married,” “He Can’t Love You,” “Promise,” “Where the Party At” and “Walked Outta Heaven.” The group has won three Billboard Awards, two Soul Train Awards, a Lifetime Achievement Award from the World Music & Dance Awards and has earned various Grammy, BET, and American Music Award nominations. Performing since 1996, Jagged Edge has remained together as a unit and is one of the longest-lasting platinum-selling music groups with original members Brian and Brandon Casey, Kyle Norman and Richard Wingo.

Kelly Price
Sunday 8:10 PM
Price’s double-platinum debut, Soul of a Woman, featured the record-breaking single, “Friend of Mine.” The song made history as the first to garner the #1 spot on the singles chart without an accompanying video clip, a rare feat during the era when music videos were the driving force of popular culture. She returned to center stage three years later with the platinum-plus seller, Mirror, Mirror, led by her remake of the R&B classic, “As We Lay,” and followed up with the gold-selling holiday collection, One Family: A Christmas Album in 2001. Three years after releasing Priceless, she returned to her roots for This Is Whom I Am, a live gospel album recorded at her church home in Long Island. The album included the uplifting single, “Healing,” which not only reached the top of the gospel charts, but was also credited and awarded at the 2007 ASCAP Awards as one of the top five songs played across both R&B and Gospel genres during 2006. She also released the simply titled Kelly a few years ago.

Along her journey, she’s collaborated with the likes of Mariah Carey, George Michael, Elton John, The Isley Brothers, Brian McKnight and Sean “Diddy” Combs as well as Faith Evans, Whitney Houston, Donnie McClurkin, Eric Clapton, the late James Brown, Shirley Murdock.She’s also taken her talents to the screen and stage with roles in Soul Food, the series Bringing Down the House and the stage plays Why Did I Get Married? and The Bible Experience. In 2005, she added the title of ‘self-published author’ to her resume with the release of the inspirational tome, Inscriptions of My Heart. The audio book is currently in the works.Seven-time Grammy nominated R&B star Kelly Price has a new album Sing Pray Love Vol. 1 currently available.

Kevin Ross
For talented R&B/Hip Hop singer/songwriter/pianist Kevin Ross, having his upcoming debut album, Dialogue in the Gray, get released on Motown Records in partnership with Verve Music Group and The Bar Entertainment, is a thrill, not least because he grew up idolizing Stevie Wonder, but his real goal is to make a mark in 2014, not merely try to repeat past glories. His entire approach is to blend the old-school soul music of his parents’ generation with the post-hip-hop cutting edge of today, which becomes clear on songs like the finger-snapping street corner doo-wop of the introspective “Pick You Up” or the hybrid R&B/rap of his interpretation of Kanye West’s “(Don’t) Say You Will,” featuring T.I.

KING
Friday 7:00 PM
Twin sisters Paris and Amber Strother and their friend and musical compadre Anita Bias—collectively known as KING—evolved beautifully in their home studio and had no idea they were creating a true life musical fairytale. Nor could they have anticipated that pop icon Prince would play an active role in their development as he help guides them in business decisions and provides an overall vision for the trio. Paris produces KING’s hip and edgy yet smooth songs, while Amber and Anita are the primary singers. The three work together on songwriting and vocal arrangements to create intricate harmonies.

Kourtney Heart
Saturday 7:25 PM
Kourtney Heart is a 20-year-old rising R&B star from New Orleans, LA. Her hit single My Boy featuring Soulja Boy and New Orleans legend Magnolia Shorty led her to her first major deal with Jive Records. She has been a regular performer on the Essence Music Festival and the New Orleans Jazz Festival. Kourtney is currently working on her first full album to be released in the fall of 2014.

Leela James
Leela James focuses on what makes an undeniable star — talent, drive, and an unforgettable voice. Those powers are reflected on her upcoming fourth studio album and a new single “Say That,” her sultry duet with Anthony Hamilton. What sets Ms. James apart is her fearless approach to making music. She’s transparent, and reminds her audience of what it is to be human – to love, to regret, and to dream. Though James is on the slow, steady burn towards musical success, it’s hardly her sole focus. She’s taken the past several years to cultivate a fulfilling home life.

Liv Warfield
Saturday 8:25 PM
Liv Warfield, Lives in New York and is originally from Peoria, IL. LiV has had the “unexpected” journey to stardom as 14-year gymnast and track & field star, 1996 alternate for the US Olympics who hid her talents from her friends and family. It wasn’t until she went to college that she decided to expose her talents. Soon after she was discovered by Prince on YouTube. LiV currently is performing with Prince and the New Power Generation. The power and strength of her voice is penetrating and immediately demands attention. LiV Warfield’s highly anticipated sophomore album, “The Unexpected” will release on January 28, 2014.

Marsha Ambrosius
Saturday 8:30 PM & 9:50 PM
Talented singer-songwriter, incredible live performer, revered platinum-selling artist, Grammy® nominated and after over a decade in the music game, Marsha Ambrosius is still here. Telling her story, captivating audiences with a perfected freshness and proving that good music will always prevail. She also won the Centric Award at the 2011 BET Awards, won Record of The Year (Ashford & Simpson Songwriters Award) at the 2011 Soul Train Awards for “Far Away,” and capped off 2011 with a performance at the White House for The President and First Family at The National Christmas Tree Lighting. Marsha was also nominated for Best Female R&B Artist at the 2012 BET Awards.

Michelle Williams
Saturday 10:00 PM
Member of internationally acclaimed female group Destiny’s Child. Hit-making solo singer in her own right. Stage actress (“Aida,” “The Color Purple, “Chicago,” “Fela!”). But it’s a different Michelle Williams who will be greeting longtime fans and winning over new ones with her first album in five years, Journey to Freedom. Arriving in 2014 via eOne Music, the urban inspirational project deftly showcases the singer’s natural talent and versatility. As Williams simply notes, “This is what’s in my heart.” The result is an arresting fusion of R&B, hip-hop, pop, dance and African-influenced beats and rhythms paired with relatable messages about faith, inner strength, patience and joy.(Also see Michelle Williams perform at the All Star Gospel Tribute to Yolanda Adams, Sunday, July 6 at 1:20PM)

Naughty By Nature
Friday 8:50 PM
Naughty by Nature is a hip hop group that at the time of its formation in 1991, consisted of Treach, Vinnie, and the DJ Kay Gee. The group formed in East Orange, New Jersey, and first appeared on the music scene in the late 1980’s releasing an album titled The Independent Leaders, under their then name The New Style. Their first hit as Naughty By Nature was a track titled “O.P.P.” (“Other People’s Parts”), which sampled the The Jackson 5’s hit “ABC” and was released in 1991 on their self-titled debut album. Later they had multiple hits from their third and fourth albums, titled 19 Naughty III and Poverty’s Paradise respectively.

Raheem DeVaughn
Sunday 9:50 PM
Three-time Grammy-nominated singer/songwriter Raheem DeVaughn, son of renowned jazz musician Abdul Wadud has become one of modern soul’s most beloved artists. Despite DeVaughn’s success, he persistently grinds—releasing over 15 mixtapes over the past 9 years, in addition to his most current and fourth studio album, “A Place Called Love Land” (September 2013). Continuing to set the bar higher for himself in music and in life with his humanitarian efforts, he partnered with the USO in Europe in 2010 to perform for hundreds of U.S. troops and their families and launched his very own internet-based Radio Show. In 2011, he was awarded The Key to the City by Washington, D.C.’s Mayor Vincent Gray for his work with HIV/AIDS; and recently, founded and launched The LoveLife Foundation, whose mission is dedicated to improving lives through social development, education, health and wellness.

Robert Glasper
Sunday 9:35 PM
Houston native Robert Glasper had a strong musical influence in his mother who played piano and sang gospel music in church and jazz clubs. After studying at The New School University, Glasper began performing with Christian McBride, Kenny Garrett, Terence Blanchard, and Roy Hargrove. Glasper signed to Blue Note Records after his debut album Mood in 2003. Two acclaimed acoustic albums followed—Canvas (2005) and In My Element (2007). His 2009 album Double-Booked juxtaposed his acoustic Trio and hip hop-infused Experiment band. RGX’s 2012 breakout Black Radio featured notable vocalists and laid out a new paradigm for creative music reaching beyond genre boundaries to create a singular vision that drew from all reaches of contemporary black music and won Best R&B Album at the 2013 GRAMMY(R) Awards. Black Radio 2 (2013) is another RGX genre-defying effort that took the Black Radio blueprint to even greater heights.

Sebastian Mikael
Sunday 8:20 PM
Singer-songwriter, Sebastian Mikael, was born and raised in Sweden and relocated to Boston in 2010 to attend Berklee College of Music and was signed by Slip-N-Slide Records’ CEO Ted Lucas off of his ballad “Beautiful Life”. As Sebastian stays on the road to promote the new single “Last Night”, he is also putting the final touches to his hotly anticipated forthcoming full-length debut album “Speechless” due out in early 2014.

Sevyn Streeter
Sunday 7:30 PM
Sevyn Streeter is an award winning singer/songwriter, who has be called upon by a remarkable roster of top studio producers and A-list artists. Most recently, Sevyn contributed as a songwriter to Chris Brown’s “Fine China,” Tamar Braxton’s “All The Way Home,” Kelly Rowland’s “Gone,” and Ariana Grande’s chart-topping hit, “The Way (Feat. Mac Miller)”. Sevyn released her first solo debut EP “Call Me Crazy, But…” in December of 2013 and made an impressive debut at number 5 on Billboard’s Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart, reaching the top 10 on iTunes overall albums chart and #1 on the R&B/Soul top album chart.

Stephanie Mills
Friday 8:55 PM
Stephanie Mills is one of the most distinctive voices in contemporary music whose onstage energy and power inspires standing ovations wherever she performs. She is a legendary Grammy and America Music Award winning recording artist with five best-selling albums and ten Billboard #1 singles. Over the span of 35 years illustrious career, Stephanie Mills has distinguished herself as an actress and performer. Stephanie‘s critically acclaimed appearances in shows like the four-time Tony Award -winning “The Wiz” have assured her of her consistent and loyal fan base. Stephanie has an insatiable appetite for singing and looks forward to putting out new music in 2014.

SWV
Friday 9:25 PM
In 1992, a trio of vocally talented women called SWV was introduced to the music world. The RCA debut, It’s About Time, produced a string of top ten R&B hits including: “I’m So Into You,” Right Here, Downtown, Weak, and You’re Always On My Mind. The group’s momentum is stronger than ever. SWV is excited to be touring this summer to promote their new album! SWV is one the world’s top selling female R&B groups of all time, and is striving continuously to be one of the hardest working female groups in the entertainment industry today! SWV secured their own reality series “SWV REUNITED” on WETv in 2013, and it was the #1 highest rated in network history. The series received over 1 million viewers weekly. The show has been renewed for a second season, and will return in the fall of 2014.

Tevin Campbell
Saturday 8:20 PM
Campbell fans get ready, Tevin Campbell is back! With over 5 million albums sold worldwide, 4 Grammy nominations, and achieving certified platinum status, Tevin is back on the road touring, giving people what they want…GOOD MUSIC. After a decade of experiences, Tevin has matured both personally and professionally. He is writing and producing new material for a long awaited upcoming album, ready and anxious to tell his story. Mr. Campbell, WE ARE LISTENING.

The Pinettes
Sunday 7:15 PM
The Original Pinettes Brass Band, The World’s Only All Female Brass Band, was formed by Jeffery Herbert in 1991. Each member, born and raised in New Orleans, Louisiana, attended St. Mary’s Academy High School, an all-girl Catholic school. Beginning, with 16 or more members, the Original Pinettes ended up with not only St. Mary’s females, but other females around the town. The ladies also have a long resume around the town for doing parties, weddings, conventions, school events, nursing homes, etc. The Original Pinettes played their first international festival when they toured the cities of Turkey in 2011. They also performed on the series Treme, seasons 3 and 4.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
10467945_815294818480653_1318912879_n.jpg

Ready for my all white party at Metropolitan Night Club, but 1st it's time to enjoy some wonderful music at Essence Music Festival. Having a great 4th of July in New Orleans

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
10534862_487389214738273_1290960544_n.jpg

OMG!!! Backstage at Essence and Prince just ran past me!!!!!! Fan Freakout Moment!!! YES!!!

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Not really a festival but it's kool...

Jay-Z-and-Beyonce-On-The-Run-tour-608x367.png

On The Run Tour: Beyoncé and JAY Z

Mercedes-Benz Superdome

New Orleans , LA
Sun, Jul 20, 2014 08:00 PM

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
The country folks taking advantage of the spring weather season is here..
Down here we find any reason to party and get drunk...

*04/04/2015 - The 2015 Freret Street Festival takes place in uptown New Orleans (Freret Street at Napoleon Avenue)
*04/09/2015 - The 2015 French Quarter Festival takes place in New Orleans from April 9-April 12; the 4 day event is the largest free music festival in the South!!(one of the best)
*04/09/2015 - The 2015 Fleur de Lindy Exchange takes place in New Orleans from April 9-April 12
*04/09/2015 - The 2015 Louisiana State H.O.G. Rally takes place in West Monroe, LA from April 9 - April 11
*04/09/2015 - The 32nd annual Louisiana Railroad Days Festival takes place on April 9, 10 & 11 in DeQuincy, Louisiana
*04/10/2015 - The 44th annual Ponchatoula Strawberry Festival takes place on April 10, 11 & 12 in Ponchatoula, Louisiana(Legendary)
*04/10/2015 - The 3rd annual Scott Boudin Festival takes place on April 10, 11 & 12 in Scott, Louisiana (The Boudin Capital of the World) (This have a lot of potential, Scott is pretty much Lafayette)
*04/10/2015 - The 2015 Cypress Sawmill Festival takes place in Patterson, LA from April 10th - April 12th *04/11/2015 - The 2015 Baton Rouge Blues Festival takes place in downtown Baton Rouge, Louisiana
*04/11/2015 - The Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week takes place in Lafayette, LA from April 11th - April 16th
*04/12/2015 - The 2015 Irish, Italian, Islenos Parade takes place in St. Bernard Parish
*04/17/2015 - The 20th annual Natchitoches Jazz & R&B Festival takes place in Natchitoches, LA on April 17th & 18th, 2015
*04/18/2015 - The 9th annual CrawFest Music Festival & Crawfish Boil takes place on Tulane University Campus in New Orleans
*04/19/2015- The 2015 Abita Springs Busker Festival takes place in Abita Springs, Louisiana
*04/22/2015 - The 29th annual Festival International de Louisiane takes place in Lafayette, LA from April 22 - April 26, 2015
*04/24/2015 The 46th annual New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival takes place in New Orleans on April 24-April 26 and April 30-May 3
*04/29/2015 - The 9th annual Zachary Arts & Music Festival (aka Z-Fest) takes place in Zachary, Louisiana from April 29 - May 3, 2015
*04/30/2015 The inaugural Louisiana Crawfish and Gator Festival takes place in West Monroe, Louisiana from April 30 - May 3, 2015