Marc Lamont Hill suffers a mild heart attack

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Has he become a polarizing figure? I feel like I remember a time when he was a very trusted voice in the community.

I feel like he is very much less so now.
I don't think it's about trust, because a majority of the public can trust the wrong person. It's better to be on the right side of history than to just garner the approval of the majority of the public.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I don't think it's about trust, because a majority of the public can trust the wrong person. It's better to be on the right side of history than to just garner the approval of the majority of the public.

Sadly I think our loudest voices our most influential voices

Do not accept or understand that.

And are there real consequences for being on the wrong side of history?

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Has he become a polarizing figure? I feel like I remember a time when he was a very trusted voice in the community.

I feel like he is very much less so now.
“If you're not careful, the (media) will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
-X

though I often find Marc to be a bit misguided in his opinions on a variety of things - I still fuck with him

The way he was being framed by journalists and other media personalities drastically changed after he first spoke critically about Isreal years ago - since then he has taken increasing fire from mainstream media as well as ados and many others in our community - imo that is what caused the diminishing opinion of him

ps - you should check out his new show on SiriusXM Urban View with Dr Carr - - Wed to Fri
those 2 are really good together -

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
“If you're not careful, the (media) will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
-X

though I often find Marc to be a bit misguided in his opinions on a variety of things - I still fuck with him

The way he was being framed by journalists and other media personalities drastically changed after he first spoke critically about Isreal years ago - since then he has taken increasing fire from mainstream media as well as ados and many others in our community - imo that is what caused the diminishing opinion of him

ps - you should check out his new show on SiriusXM Urban View with Dr Carr - - Wed to Fri

I will do so immediately

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
-X

Lmao....NAH BRO that's not Marc Lamont Hill

That's Lamont KING, comedian and radio host

images