Marvel Ant-Man & Wasp Official Movie Discussion Thread Update: Quantumania SPOILER REVIEWS!

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor
Yeah but those same fans has him removed from streaming and I haven't played one of his sings for almost 5 years now.

Folks dont even post links to his music on here. Barely post a gif.

They cut off Depp too bro look at his career now.

You talked FANATICS or folk you were using them to further their own ex8sting agenda.

As #metoo and so called cancel culture was proven to be based on REAL ABUSES time and time again? We see what happens.

For example bookmark this...

See how they gonna do Chris brown if this new documentary gets released.
I'll bookmark it.

I get your point but I respectfully disagree with it. Johnny Depp, for instance, is still getting work and has upcoming projects. He may have slowed down but that's just as likely attributable to age as anything.

As for #metoo, I believe most of it. Was it all true, no. But the people who got damaged the most had a history of abuse. Harvey Weinstein was definitely a rapist and dudes like Matt Laurer, Charlie Rose, Kevin Spacey had a history of inappropriate behavior.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I'll bookmark it.

I get your point but I respectfully disagree with it. Johnny Depp, for instance, is still getting work and has upcoming projects. He may have slowed down but that's just as likely attributable to age as anything.

As for #metoo, I believe most of it. Was it all true, no. But the people who got damaged the most had a history of abuse. Harvey Weinstein was definitely a rapist and dudes like Matt Laurer, Charlie Rose, Kevin Spacey had a history of inappropriate behavior.

What work Depp getting bro?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Look at his filmography. He's still getting work and has an upcoming project with Terry Gilliam.

Stop it.

Since Fantasic Beasts he ain't done sh*t of substance

I mess with Gillam but don't get ya hopes up.

I honestly thought Depp might be able to Mel Gibson himself back in game but folk still seem mad on both sides about that whole situation

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
Stop it.

Since Fantasic Beasts he ain't done sh*t of substance

I mess with Gillam but don't get ya hopes up.

I honestly thought Depp might be able to Mel Gibson himself back in game but folk still seem mad on both sides about that whole situation
True, but that has nothing to do with Amber Heard, fam.

He already had a bad reputation for his behavior on set and the movies he released in the early 2010s, years before the Heard stuff started in 2018, were garbage and underperformed.

He really has only himself to blame for his problems.

In the 2010s, Depp's films were less successful, with many big-budget studio films such as Dark Shadows (2012), The Lone Ranger (2013), and Alice Through the Looking Glass (2016) underperforming at the box office.[113][111][116][117]

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
True, but that has nothing to do with Amber Heard, fam.

He already had a bad reputation for his behavior on set and the movies he released in the early 2010s, years before the Heard stuff started in 2018, were garbage and underperformed.

He really has only himself to blame for his problems.

My main point was Depp ain't been in anything since.

You posted that IMDB proudly like you was his new agent.

I seen a better line up on Tubi.

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
My main point was Depp ain't been in anything since.

You posted that IMDB proudly like you was his new agent.

I seen a better line up on Tubi.
And my main point was that he was still getting work.

You originally made it sound like he was ridden out of Hollywood on a rail and is now in hiding.

If your point still stands because his latest work sucks then my point should still stand since he's still getting hired. :lol:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
And my main point was that he was still getting work.

You originally made it sound like he was ridden out of Hollywood on a rail and is now in hiding.

If your point still stands because his latest work sucks then my point should still stand since he's still getting hired. :lol:

Bro that ain't work to Johnny Depp.

That's... charity

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
Bro that ain't work to Johnny Depp.

That's... charity
I never denied that. The question is why is he in this position?

It's normal for celebrities to fall off as they age. You think Eddie Murphy and William Smith are still as hot as they were at their peaks?

So you have age coupled with his own bad reputation for things he's done on set over the years that has hurt his career. It's the notion that his slide started with the Amber Heard situation is what I reject.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I never denied that. The question is why is he in this position?

It's normal for celebrities to fall off as they age. You think Eddie Murphy and William Smith are still as hot as they were at their peaks?

So you have age coupled with his own bad reputation for things he's done on set over the years that has hurt his career. It's the notion that his slide started with the Amber Heard situation is what I reject.

Bro... go Google the amber heard situation

Yeah it was only one thread (a long one though) on HERE

But it was global news

There are MULTIPLE DOCUMENTARIES

It lead national news.

Remember we got our own bubble and timelines... we all insulated

In Hollywood? That sh*t was seismic. Replacing him in that franchise without a mention was all you needed to know.

You can personally reject it.

But your not right. And those hundreds of thousands of pages on Google about it prove it.

We don't care about them white folk but a whole lot of people in positions of influence do.

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
Bro... go Google the amber heard situation

Yeah it was only one thread (a long one though) on HERE

But it was global news

There are MULTIPLE DOCUMENTARIES

It lead national news.

Remember we got our own bubble and timelines... we all insulated

In Hollywood? That sh*t was seismic. Replacing him in that franchise without a mention was all you needed to know.

You can personally reject it.

But your not right. And those hundreds of thousands of pages on Google about it prove it.

We don't care about them white folk but a whole lot of people in positions of influence do.
You're not addressing anything I wrote or my point, fam.

I never denied the Amber Heard situation was big. In fact, I stated the opposite. I used the Amber Heard case to show how loyal his fanbase is.

Here's my point again -- his career was already going down the toilet before that all happened. The box office numbers don't lie. You don't have that many bombs in just a few years if your career is hot.

His career was already limping along when the Heard stuff hit the news. That point isn't even debatable.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
You're not addressing anything I wrote or my point, fam.

I never denied the Amber Heard situation was big. In fact, I stated the opposite. I used the Amber Heard case to show how loyal his fanbase is.

Here's my point again -- his career was already going down the toilet before that all happened. The box office numbers don't lie. You don't have that many bombs in just a few years if your career is hot.

His career was already limping along when the Heard stuff hit the news. That point isn't even debatable.

Oh pardon I misunderstood

You saying he was already on the decline but Amber was the death blow?

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
Oh pardon I misunderstood

You saying he was already on the decline but Amber was the death blow?
Yes. Pretty much this.

I mean my original point was that he, and other celebrities, have loyal fanbases that don't give a shit about anything they do and I still believe that. Like you said those are the fanatics who would still support a celebrity even they were cannibals.

Obviously he lost a lot casual fans but he still has the fanatics.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yes. Pretty much this.

I mean my original point was that he, and other celebrities, have loyal fanbases that don't give a shit about anything they do and I still believe that. Like you said those are the fanatics who would still support a celebrity even they were cannibals.

Obviously he lost a lot casual fans but he still has the fanatics.

Yes he still has fanatics but sadly his diehards who are mostly women didn't like the incels trying to co opt him during the controversy

So it was a perfect sh*t storm.

I gotta really research it. But Depp career was very a strange up and down and then SUPER HIGHS time-line that kinda fits the person he is.

I don't think there is a definitive answer but the only fact is the Heard thing ain't help and came at the worst possible time in our society so that's it.

People's SENSIBILITIES changed and those included many of his fans