Marvel Movie Discussion: The Eternals f/ Angelina Jolie, Kit Harrington UPDATE: PART 2 COMING?

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Marvel is batting close to a 1000 but who the fuck was looking for an Eternals flick
but if they get the Guardians to work I guess they think anything could work

Marvel is expanding the next Phase into the Cosmic/Celestial storylines.

So we will be seeing more Alien races, Celestial and Cosmic Beings.

Adam Warlock will be introduced along with a number of other popular and unknown characters in the Marvel Universe.

And those Infinity Stones will make another appearance.

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member
Marvel is expanding the next Phase into the Cosmic/Celestial storylines.

So we will be seeing more Alien races, Celestial and Cosmic Beings.

Adam Warlock will be introduced along with a number of other popular and unknown characters in the Marvel Universe.

And those Infinity Stones will make another appearance.

except this time, silver surfer, annihilus, blastaar, quasar, etc will be among them (and maybe magus and the shi'ar)

tFgBDNctEX035-4bIfu2GqgCPwNdgYfyLBOH2GL69cjon9OrkwMK2d2CJF3eL_NB.jpg

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
eternals are an immortal race of beings created by celestials. (knowwhere in gaurdians is the head of a celestial)

they created two races the eternals and the deviants. the deviants are a "monster race" of beings that existed through the timeline with the eternals usually at war with one another.

the eternals were known in the mcu by many as gods of legend such as gilgamesh, peter pan the forever child (sprite) makarri (mercury god of speed) etc....

all eternals are literally beings of energy taking form of man and have honed that energy to do certain things. for example makari honed his/(now hers) for speed. ikaris strength, sersi, energyh manipulation. and so on

at some point a few centuries ago, a branch of the eternals branched off and headed to titan, saturn's moon. those would be led by mentor who is the father of the mutant eternal thanos and another known member called starfox (or in earth mthyology he was cupid the god of love)

because they are beings of energy they can all merge together to form what's called a unimind which is supposed to be the most powerful object in this known universe.

the whole movie is supposed to be based off of the eternals preparing for the arrival of the celestials back on earth and the deviants attempt to destroy them to stand in their place during the celestial judgement.

ra8eeoexozmh3siovnwp.png

Deviants
latest

Celestials
mldced669i0gcogbfk6h

unimind

latest

old version of unimind
Uni-mind.jpg

Okay thanks.

Isn't there supposed to be a sleeping...celestial I think, inside the earth?

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
they turned makari ajak and sprite into women

starfox, mentor, thanos are saturn eternals so they wouldn't be with the earth crew.

they made gilgamesh into an asian

angelina jolie would have been the better sersi over who they picked

and kit harrington as the black knight, but i wonder which black knight? past or modern day

I4uh16lC6nLGvoc8Lq4AmJzPCv2W8pQ5LOzJ46d-hT4jk8qGmR2vYJ9M0NVw-HZI.jpg

BK would have to be Dane. Man I hope they don’t fuck up The Forgotten One

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
As much as I have LOVE for Jack Kirby's "THE ETERNALS",
Something nags me that this is going to be nothing more than "THE INHUMANS" with a larger budget.
I hope I'm wrong.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
As much as I have LOVE for Jack Kirby's "THE ETERNALS",
Something nags me that this is going to be nothing more than "THE INHUMANS" with a larger budget.
I hope I'm wrong.

I wouldn't worry about it. For one thing, it's a movie. Or a couple of movies. Second, it would be hard to match that disaster called The Inhumans. That was so poorly cast, written and directed I don't know if you could make something worse if you tried. And the CGI for her hair? WTF? Agents of Shield has better CGI and that's also an ABC production so I don't get it. Anywho, I'm putting my money on Marvel's track record.

Dark08

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't know if I missed this in the thread but what is up with this? Anybody read the comics... does this type of scenario take place in there?

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
I don't know if I missed this in the thread but what is up with this? Anybody read the comics... does this type of scenario take place in there?

to my knowledge, no. I’ve read almost every arc of the Eternals and I think maybe Sercei or Athena had some gay shit but it’s sad to see this being pushed onto us as people of color. I heard this dude a fag for real which turns me off to his acting. Hey, stay in the fucking closet. I don’t want to hear about your personal shit in movies man. You a fag, be a fag. Stop broadcasting it

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
Okay thanks.

Isn't there supposed to be a sleeping...celestial I think, inside the earth?

I don’t know how deep they will be for this but it’ll probably involve Arishem, The Judge who either gives thumbs up or thumbs down then they call Exitar, The Destroyer who basically obliterates civilizations. Rarely has anyone been able to stop judgement. The Celestials are Space Gods

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Reportedly Marvel Is Very Happy With Eternals | Barside Buzz

Marvel is VERY happy with Eternals according to a new rumor. Eternals should have been out by now, in a non-COVID World. Yet, here we are still 8 months from release. Eternals will now hit theaters this November, assuming no further delays, and the movie still remains largely a mystery.
Well according to one outlet, from what they’ve heard from their sources, Marvel is very happy with Eternals and what director Chloe Zhao has made.

I’m not too familiar with the outlet AwardsAce.com, so how reliable their sources are, I can’t tell you. However this would make sense given how Kevin Feige said Zhao’s pitch for Eternals was the best he’s ever seen. Could Eternals be a sleeper mega hit? Who am I kidding, it’s Marvel Studios, the movie will be a hit anyway. But we can perhaps hold out some hope that Eternals will be unique and one of the very best of the MCU movies.

However, we must always take this kind of information with a pinch of salt. I have never come across this outlet once in all my years looking for scoops. Of course, this could be something the website normally doesn’t dab their toes into. When LRM first started Star Wars scoops, the most common reaction in the fanbase was ‘who are they?’. However, once those scoops turn out to be true everyone begins to remember the name. I’m therefore prepared to give benefit to the doubt here, as this is hardly surprising information. We also have to remember that a lot of senior people inside Disney have probably already watched Eternals. The film has been completely finished for at least 4 months. That leave plenty of time for some Disney execs to be very happy with the end result.

Eternals may be the upcoming MCU movie that intrigues me most. I wouldn’t have said it was the movie I was most excited for though. Perhaps my mind is being changed on that front? Do you believe that Marvel is VERY happy with Eternals? Leave any thoughts you have below.

Last edited:

sorcererforemost

Rising Star
Registered
We just had a movie where the villain(kill monger) was ready to kill his own blood. Everyone applauded and there was no "agenda" even though a story where two black people are going to war with each other could be applied to real life.

Paper Boi gets a role as a gay character and now it's the end of the black race?

Laughable shit.

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I really hope "THE ETERNALS" has a "Kirby Aesthetic".
"RAGNAROK" was the only MCU film that came close.

iu

iu

iu

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Paper Boi gets a role as a gay character and now it's the end of the black race?
No, but dang man. Why the black one gotta be the fag? Why does there have to be a fag at all?

Seems forced.

I'm gonna say this as well. It's rare for an Oscar winner to have two hits back to back.

The pressure is definitely on.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
No, but dang man. Why the black one gotta be the fag? Why does there have to be a fag at all?

Seems forced.

I'm gonna say this as well. It's rare for an Oscar winner to have two hits back to back.

Dude is gay in real life.

Not exactly the best time to make a point here.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Dude is gay in real life.

Not exactly the best time to make a point here.
Just because someone is gay in real life doesn't mean that they have to make a character who was never gay in the comics into a gay character for the big screen.

Second, there is absolutely zero evidence whatsoever that concludes that this brother is gay. So, there is no point to your point.

sorcererforemost

Rising Star
Registered

Seems forced.

I agree with you actually, but I'm disgusted at how folks are treating him.

I understand that white media wants to emasculate black men so that we are perceived less threatening.

But when he was portraying paper boi, who's a street dude in a show based in ATL it was all daps.

The moment he expands a little he's told "NO GO BACK INTO YOUR BOX" and fools all over are saying he's taking part in the genocide of the black race.

Mofos don't stop producing sperm just because they're gay and many of gay blacks still end up having biological kids.

This ties back into black people being forced into a box, you can't be gay, a nerd, a square, awkward, quirky, or anything outside of "a nigga" or you're off code.

It is FRUSTRATING to see our own go so hard against each other for every little step we take.