Mary J Blige on doing a Verzus: “I could just put on the What’s The 411 album and walk away…”

dasailr03

A Goddamn Sailor!
BGOL Investor
Ok. In terms of vocal ability? Absolutely. Mariah is a generational talent, no question.
Those Verzuz are about catalogues. Mary’s first two albums are elite. It’s not to say Mariah’s aren’t, but they’re two different sub-genres of R&B. Putting Mary v Faith Evans first two is a conversation because the bad boy production team went dummy on both, and they both have an hour worth of joints to rock out to.
yuo got jokes... about Faith?> shiiiiiid Faith shit cain't touching Mary's first let alone 2nd album. All the production in the world ain't help her, to this day, she stands on being "BIGGIE'S WIFE". If she ain't mentioning that every other interview she ain't heard. If mofos ain't asking her about that, she ain heard.

Thegooch

The Devil killed Heist & giggled about it @ brunch
Registered
LOL!! Mary signing live gets dusted by anyone with a professional stage voice.
If she's so damn good, go put on a Vegas show.

Toni Braxton/Mya would beat her.

Erika Badu and Mariah would embarrass her.

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Mary is right.
Her bag is endless.
I saw her at Essence Festival in 2018 and she went 3 straight hours all HITS.
And still had some she didn't get a chance to do.
Toni is the only person who can remotely stand a chance hit for hit with Mary.

EchoCrash

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I don't think Mary needs features to win. Pure vocals Jill and Mariah blow her out the water, hell Jazmine Sullivan, Jennifer Hudson would too.
yuo got jokes... about Faith?> shiiiiiid Faith shit cain't touching Mary's first let alone 2nd album. All the production in the world ain't help her, to this day, she stands on being "BIGGIE'S WIFE". If she ain't mentioning that every other interview she ain't heard. If mofos ain't asking her about that, she ain heard.
Peace King.
I think you are misunderstanding me and the format that the “Verzuz” is built around. You are focusing on “Faith Evans” - the person. I kinda pulled a name outta the hat who had a decent first two albums, comparing it to just Mary’s first two (which are nearly un-fuk-wit-able…).
Again, remember the format that they have to have about ten songs, and sometimes their DJ’s sneak a few snippets in in-between sets. In no particular order here are a few from Faith’s first two:
1. Soon as I get home
2. Aint nobody
3. You used to love me
4. Love like this
5. All night long

Now that’s just off the first two. I’m positive I can find five more. So she would be able to hold her on in the verzuz format. I am not On paying careers or the people themselves. Simply that she has a few that can stand up in that competition.

dasailr03

A Goddamn Sailor!
BGOL Investor
LOL!! Mary signing live gets dusted by anyone with a professional stage voice.
If she's so damn good, go put on a Vegas show.

Toni Braxton/Mya would beat her.

Erika Badu and Mariah would embarrass her.
I saw all them and Mary can and has held her own.. Toni Braxton..lol.. I saw her in vegas.. I was like what is this shit.."High School Musical". FOH.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Who can go up against Mary?

It has to be more than just vocals cause there are a million and one better vocalist but it needs to be a female that has been around as long,has had the same success as Mary or better,has some hits whether she's featured on or written.

I said Missy but that's just to easy for Missy cause she's had hits but has written more songs for others than herself.

It remind me of Babyface vs Teddy,babyface had hit after hit,some shit a lot of people didn't even knew he wrote for other artist so much so Teddy took a break and never came back....word to Guy and Blackstreet lol

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

F9I1vzQWkAMM5kr

dinka64

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Mary vs Missy
Mary vs Nicole Wray who has the material but not the popularity Mary has
Mary vs Erika Baddu
Mary vs Mary ....411 vs My Life or whatever album she thinks is just as good as her first.

Mary is right she's in a lane by herself unless she goes up against Ms Hill but she may not show up.
Mary is probably the Goat in this type of challenge. But she smoking that shit if she thinks she could win on the 411 alone. Lauryn is to fucked up and has a hand full of hits. Mary would walk her dumb ass.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Mary J. Blige - Not Gon' Cry

Mary J. Blige - Everything​

Mary J. Blige - I Can Love You (Official Music Video) ft. Lil' Kim​

bonus

Mary J. Blige - Love Is All We Need ft. Nas​

Mary J. Blige - Seven Days (Official Music Video) ft. George Benson​

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
People said the samething about Aretha not being the best singer against other female artist like Patti Labelle which is true but how many female solo artist have the hits and material that Aretha does?not many,not even Gladys.

I was thinking Missy E might,especially if she includes artist that she's help from Nicole Wray,Jazmine,Tweet,Monica,she's held them up and Nicole Wray could go up against Mary but she's just not as popular but the material is there.

Just leave it as is...

furlough

I want my daddy's records!
Platinum Member
mary may dance like the female diddy
but she got some mf hits, though
got so much azz banging that my life album for dem heauxz

380snubnose

i posts nothing but dimes!!
BGOL Investor
Don't forget marry got alot of guess appearances..
Jay-Z..Nas..lox..method man..lil Kim..Vado.. .etc...
Bruh she run off her street shit in a mega mix like the lox did dip set with that ladies mix an nobody gonna be left standing but maybe missy..
MAYBE ..

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Has she completed her payoff to Kendu?