Mayor Of Kingstown! Who Watched it?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yeah this will have you hooked from episode 1

Some of the middle seasons, I don’t think, stand the test of time, they feel dated, but this is one series that absolutely nailed the ending.

That final season is “chef kiss” perfect

even the "low" seasons always have a few classic wtf moments. I think the shaky cam reality TV cops style camera work look dated/unique even back then and it was very deliberate

Give Me 3ft.

The Supreme Being
Platinum Member
it's just ok, but I've watched all of it.

glad some of the story lines finally

got wrapped up! The 'blacks' on top for now.

5/10. Nothing special.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

screenshot-2024-08-12-at-10-33-50-am.png

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Damn, that's crazy they got mayor of Kingstown that low.

For the first season, the review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes reported a 33% approval by 27 critics, with an average rating of 5.6/10. The website's critics consensus reads, "Despite campaigning with a strong pedigree, Mayor of Kingstown botches its reelection chances by giving constituents too much gloom and grit and not enough reasons to care."[27] Metacritic, which uses a weighted average, assigned a score of 54 out of 100 based on 15 critics, indicating "mixed or average reviews".[28]

During its debut in the US, which was simulcast on cable as a means of promotion, the series drew 2.6 million viewers linearly, making it Paramount Network's most-watched scripted premiere since 2018.[29]

Rotten Tomatoes reported a 50% approval by 8 critics for the second season, with an average rating of 5/10.[30] Metacritic assigned a score of 60 out of 100 based on 4 critics, indicating "mixed or average reviews".[31]

The third season has an approval rating of 71% on Rotten Tomatoes, based on 7 critic reviews, with an average rating of 6.5/10.[5]

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
For the first season, the review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes reported a 33% approval by 27 critics, with an average rating of 5.6/10. The website's critics consensus reads, "Despite campaigning with a strong pedigree, Mayor of Kingstown botches its reelection chances by giving constituents too much gloom and grit and not enough reasons to care."[27] Metacritic, which uses a weighted average, assigned a score of 54 out of 100 based on 15 critics, indicating "mixed or average reviews".[28]

During its debut in the US, which was simulcast on cable as a means of promotion, the series drew 2.6 million viewers linearly, making it Paramount Network's most-watched scripted premiere since 2018.[29]

Rotten Tomatoes reported a 50% approval by 8 critics for the second season, with an average rating of 5/10.[30] Metacritic assigned a score of 60 out of 100 based on 4 critics, indicating "mixed or average reviews".[31]

The third season has an approval rating of 71% on Rotten Tomatoes, based on 7 critic reviews, with an average rating of 6.5/10.[5]
People missing out not watching this show..Oh well!

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Bro always remember with all these bots and algorithm stuff...

YOU and your circle may think and "see" something as a hit?

But in reality it's very niche.

That's the world we live in now.

Especially being on Paramount+ too.

People lose track of where everything's located these days with all the streamers / platforms.

My mom's requested some series from me on streamers that she has, and that I don't have. I reply back - "you've got that one", lol.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
Bro always remember with all these bots and algorithm stuff...

YOU and your circle may think and "see" something as a hit?

But in reality it's very niche.

That's the world we live in now.
Yeah, I also realize that people are followers as well especially watching things because others do following a trend.

But like I've said, they're missing out.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yeah, I also realize that people are followers as well especially watching things because others do following a trend.

But like I've said, they're missing out.

It took me FOREVER to finally watch this after numerous bgol recommendations

And I binged it in a month watch an episode a night.

Every person I told about had absolutely no idea wtf I was talking about. And these are serious tv watchers.

It's also because there is TOO MUCH STUFF OUT. It's not even missing out on PURPOSE.

Just isn't enough time

And these streamers keep moving content in and out too.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
A friend of mine said he recently started watching Yellowstone (which debuted back around 2018) ... I told him to stick with it. Though the past 2 seasons haven't been as strong as the earlier years unfortunately.

Told him to also check out the prequel spinoffs 1883 and 1923.

I saw 1883 and 1923

But not one episode of the main show.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I saw 1883 and 1923

But not one episode of the main show.

I found them both to be worthy prequels. Good casts & it was interesting piecing together the family tree / chart.

With the regular main show Yellowstone ... it felt too soap opera'ish in the most recent seasons. They'd have a great season premiere or finale, but a whole bunch of filler for the bulk of the season. I.E. - not much happening.

Which was disappointing in that it felt unevenly paced. If I remember correctly, the 3rd or 4th season has a great finale with MULTIPLE cliffhangers ... followed by a good follow-up season premiere the next year, then a whole bunch of nothing.

You're watching it thinking to yourself - "Ok ... move the story along ..."

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
@playahaitian

Here's the end to season 3 - queued up. They did these scenes in rapid succession as "oh shit" cliffhangers ... the woman with the wine bottles & man on the phone (in the office) are 2 of Costner's (John Dutton) kids on the show.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
It took my FOREVER to finally watch this after numerous bgol recommendations

And I binged it in a month watch an episode a night.

Every person I told about had absolutely no idea wtf I was talking about. And these are serious tv watchers.

It's also because there is TOO MUCH STUFF OUT. It's not even missing out on PURPOSE.

Just isn't enough time

And these streamers keep moving content in and out too.
Yeah, there's a lot of good shows out there for sure.

I'm surprised that I was able to discover that show and only took notices because of that scene on Twitter that caught my attention that I wanted to check this show out.

So, I felt like sharing and talking about this show on BGOL to see if anyone watched it and I was surprised most didn't know about this show like me.

But I've been addicted to watching this show every since

itzmotto

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Kingstown has to be the most dangerous city in America

How do you have a shoot out on a bridge....exactly how were you going to get away with all the stopped cars?

Not sure why the warden did that.

I'm glad to finally be done with the Iris/Milo storyline

The Kyle shit :smh:

Warden was going too get fired in two weeks.. he need his benefits they made it seemed like if he transfer it was for a warden spot less play.
The shoot out happened at the wrong spot.
Kyle shit fucked me up

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yeah, there's a lot of good shows out there for sure.

I'm surprised that I was able to discover that show and only took notices because of that scene on Twitter that caught my attention that I wanted to check this show out.

So, I felt like sharing and talking about this show on BGOL to see if anyone watched it and I was surprised most didn't know about this show like me.

But I've been addicted to watching this show every since

This is one of those rare crack shows...

One hit? Just one viewing?

You shaking your head when realize you just watched 4 episodes in a row and now it's 3 am and you got to go to work in 3 hours.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
This is one of those rare crack shows...

One hit? Just one viewing?

You shaking your head when realize you just watched 4 episodes in a row and now it's 3 am and you got to go to work in 3 hours.
Yeah, not all shows have that same addiction.

Because a show gotta be good to keep my attention or else im sleep and won't ever watch that show again.

jayrob777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah, I'm waiting for another season of Gangs of London.......I hope they come back.
Those BBC(PAUSE) shows are really good and the acting is excellent.
For instance, The Gentleman is a cool series and I watch it with the subtitles to catch the British or English slang.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
Those BBC(PAUSE) shows are really good and the acting is excellent.
For instance, The Gentleman is a cool series and I watch it with the subtitles to catch the British or English slang.
Yeah, I do as well, gotta keep them subtitles on to not miss nothing they're saying because of their accent.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yeah, not all shows have that same addiction.

Because a show gotta be good to keep my attention or else im sleep and won't ever watch that show again.

And real talk?

Not all shows are MEANT to have that type of binge viewing.

Some shows are good specifically because they need to be watched carefully and have full attention etc.

I would put mad men ripley 3rd season of the wire treme etc on that level.

Shows like kingstown, shield, SOA etc are basically soap operas for men.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor