Moon Knight | Official Thread | Marvel / Disney+

Rising Star
Registered
wow, you really think so? It's a character that is unlike any other so far in the MCU. I think this a good character to bring in alongside Blade and Black Knight. If Ghost Rider shows up, this is gonna get even more interesting.

I tried with this character for years. Thought he was black when I first picked it up was dissapointed. But i Just dont like a split personality story.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
I just seen something where they said the dude died in a ski accident :eek2: :eek2:
Not Oscar Isaac another actor in the series.

French actor Gaspard Ulliel, 37, dies after ski accident

1000.jpeg

LYON, France (AP) — French actor Gaspard Ulliel, known for appearing in Chanel perfume ads as well as film and television roles, died Wednesday after a skiing accident in the Alps, local authorities said. He was 37.

Ulliel portrayed the young Hannibal Lecter in 2007′s “Hannibal Rising” and fashion mogul Yves Saint Laurent in the 2014 biopic “Saint Laurent.” He is also in the upcoming Marvel series “Moon Knight,” and was the advertising face of the Chanel men’s fragrance Bleu de Chanel.

While skiing Tuesday afternoon at La Rosière resort, Ulliel collided with another skier on an intermediate slope after turning left, presumably to join his friends on an adjoining slope, Anne Gaches, the Savoie prosecutor in Albertville, said in a statement Wednesday.

Preliminary findings from an investigation indicated that “both skiers fell to the ground after the collision,” the prosecutor said. Ulliel was “motionless and unconscious when rescuers arrived,” while the other skier was unharmed, Gaches said.

The director of the La Rosière resort, Jean Regaldo, told BFM television that Ulliel was not wearing a helmet when rescuers arrived. Helmets are not required on French ski slopes but are strongly recommended.

Regaldo said weather conditions were “perfect” at the time of the accident and that there were no rocks in the area of the collision, which he described as easily accessible.

Ulliel was transported by helicopter to Grenoble University Hospital, where doctors tried to revive him, she said. The actor was pronounced dead Wednesday shortly after 4 p.m., Gaches said.

The office of the actor’s agent confirmed that Ulliel died on Wednesday.

Ulliel started performing at age 11, alongside renowned actress Sandrine Bonnaire, and went on to win two of France’s top cinema awards, the Cesar. A dog bite on his face at age six left him with a trademark scar.

He played a French revolutionary, a dying playwright, a vanished World War I soldier, a budding serial killer, iconic fashion designer. French President Emmanuel Macron called him “one of the incarnations of French cinema today,” and tributes poured in from shocked colleagues and fans around the world.

“On each of his film sets, he left behind the memory of a dedicated worker, always ready to listen, respected by all the teams because he was respectful of everyone,” Macron said in a statement.

Prime Minister Jean Castex tweeted an homage that said, “Gaspard Ulliel grew up with cinema and cinema grew up with him. They loved each other madly.”

The House of Chanel said in a statement it has lost its “ambassador of 12 years and a friend.”

“We have been fortunate to have had by our side all these years a person endowed with great culture, an immense talent, and of unparalleled kindness. He will be sorely missed,” Chanel said.

The accident conjured up memories of when Formula One great Michael Schumacher was seriously injured in a 2013 skiing accident in the French ski resort of Meribel, 50 kilometers (30 miles) from where Ulliel was skiing. Both were treated at Grenoble University Hospital.

Schumacher, who was wearing a helmet, suffered serious head injuries when he fell and hit the right side of his head on a rock off the side of a demarcated slope. The German auto racing legend was skiing with his teenage son while on a family vacation in the Alps.

Schumacher, 53, has not been seen in public in eight years, and his family has revealed few details of his condition since the accident. His wife, Corinna, said in a Netflix documentary last year that her husband is “different, but he is here” and that the family, including the couple’s son, Mick, now a Formula One driver himself, cares for him.

After Ulliel’s accident, the mountain police service for the Rosiere ski area said its personnel have been carrying out five or six rescues per day as the snow hardened in recent days.

In the neighboring Haute-Savoie region, a 5-year-old girl was killed Saturday when a skier crashed into her. The man was handed preliminary manslaughter charges, according to the Haute-Savoie prosecutor, who cited excessive speed as the likely reason for the accident.

Funeral information was not immediately announced. French media reports say Ulliel is survived by a young son from his relationship with French model-actor Gaelle Pietri.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I just seen something where they said the dude died in a ski accident :eek2: :eek2:

1000.jpeg

LYON, France (AP) — French actor Gaspard Ulliel, known for appearing in Chanel perfume ads as well as film and television roles, died Wednesday after a skiing accident in the Alps, local authorities said. He was 37.

Ulliel portrayed the young Hannibal Lecter in 2007′s “Hannibal Rising” and fashion mogul Yves Saint Laurent in the 2014 biopic “Saint Laurent.” He is also in the upcoming Marvel series “Moon Knight,” and was the advertising face of the Chanel men’s fragrance Bleu de Chanel.

While skiing Tuesday afternoon at La Rosière resort, Ulliel collided with another skier on an intermediate slope after turning left, presumably to join his friends on an adjoining slope, Anne Gaches, the Savoie prosecutor in Albertville, said in a statement Wednesday.

Preliminary findings from an investigation indicated that “both skiers fell to the ground after the collision,” the prosecutor said. Ulliel was “motionless and unconscious when rescuers arrived,” while the other skier was unharmed, Gaches said.

The director of the La Rosière resort, Jean Regaldo, told BFM television that Ulliel was not wearing a helmet when rescuers arrived. Helmets are not required on French ski slopes but are strongly recommended.

Regaldo said weather conditions were “perfect” at the time of the accident and that there were no rocks in the area of the collision, which he described as easily accessible.

Ulliel was transported by helicopter to Grenoble University Hospital, where doctors tried to revive him, she said. The actor was pronounced dead Wednesday shortly after 4 p.m., Gaches said.

Ulliel started performing at age 11, alongside renowned actress Sandrine Bonnaire, and went on to win two of France’s top cinema awards, the Cesar. A dog bite on his face at age six left him with a trademark scar.

He played a French revolutionary, a dying playwright, a vanished World War I soldier, a budding serial killer, iconic fashion designer. French President Emmanuel Macron called him “one of the incarnations of French cinema today,” and tributes poured in from shocked colleagues and fans around the world.

“On each of his film sets, he left behind the memory of a dedicated worker, always ready to listen, respected by all the teams because he was respectful of everyone,” Macron said in a statement.

Prime Minister Jean Castex tweeted an homage that said, “Gaspard Ulliel grew up with cinema and cinema grew up with him. They loved each other madly.”

The House of Chanel said in a statement it has lost its “ambassador of 12 years and a friend.”

“We have been fortunate to have had by our side all these years a person endowed with great culture, an immense talent, and of unparalleled kindness. He will be sorely missed,” Chanel said.

The accident conjured up memories of when Formula One great Michael Schumacher was seriously injured in a 2013 skiing accident in the French ski resort of Meribel, 50 kilometers (30 miles) from where Ulliel was skiing. Both were treated at Grenoble University Hospital.

Schumacher, who was wearing a helmet, suffered serious head injuries when he fell and hit the right side of his head on a rock off the side of a demarcated slope. The German auto racing legend was skiing with his teenage son while on a family vacation in the Alps.

Schumacher, 53, has not been seen in public in eight years, and his family has revealed few details of his condition since the accident. His wife, Corinna, said in a Netflix documentary last year that her husband is “different, but he is here” and that the family, including the couple’s son, Mick, now a Formula One driver himself, cares for him.

After Ulliel’s accident, the mountain police service for the Rosiere ski area said its personnel have been carrying out five or six rescues per day as the snow hardened in recent days.

In the neighboring Haute-Savoie region, a 5-year-old girl was killed Saturday when a skier crashed into her. The man was handed preliminary manslaughter charges, according to the Haute-Savoie prosecutor, who cited excessive speed as the likely reason for the accident.

Funeral information was not immediately announced. French media reports say Ulliel is survived by a young son from his relationship with French model-actor Gaelle Pietri.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

1000.jpeg

:smh: :smh:

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
my only complaint is - where the fuck is Luke Cage?
give it 2 years; the whole defenders team will be on with a new and legit Iron Fist.
In my opinion, before they reboot Cage in the MCU they need to tinker with him in the comics, making him less generic and more exciting. For one, get him a freaking cool costume, I hate when they give black heroes boring-ass costumes and lame-ass names. In the case of Cage he has both, so why not at least give him something cool with tech that would make him a little more interesting. Once they make the change in the books and it becomes canon they should reintroduce him to the MCU, as the same boring character then have him upgraded by Wakanda or some other high-tech source.
My 2cents.......

I think the MCU should re-introduce Cage within the Falcon and Winter Soldier's Super Soldier Serum storyline..

Luke Cage powers come from a variant of the Super-Soldier process...
Unlike the Netflix shows they can now tie Luke directly to Cap and Isaiah Bradley...

I think Marvel is slowly laying the groundwork for the Weapon Plus Program and Mutants...

Captain America/Isaiah Bradley - Project Rebirth/Weapon 1
Luke Cage - Weapon VI
Wolvierne - Weapon X
Deadpool - Weapon XI

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think the MCU should re-introduce Cage within the Falcon and Winter Soldier's Super Soldier Serum storyline..

Luke Cage powers come from a variant of the Super-Soldier process...
Unlike the Netflix shows they can now tie Luke directly to Cap and Isaiah Bradley...

I think Marvel is slowly laying the groundwork for the Weapon Plus Program and Mutants...

Captain America/Isaiah Bradley - Project Rebirth/Weapon 1
Luke Cage - Weapon VI
Wolvierne - Weapon X
Deadpool/Weapon XI
Good shit

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Why Moon Knight star Ethan Hawke was 'apprehensive' about doing a superhero project

Hawke tells EW what to expect from his 'terrifying' character.

By Derek LawrenceJanuary 24, 2022 at 11:05 AM EST

Let the Ethan Hawke villain era commence!

This summer, the four-time Oscar nominee plays the masked child kidnapper "The Grabber" in Blumhouse's The Black Phone, but first up, he's making his Marvel debut as the top-secret big bad in the highly-anticipated Disney+ series Moon Knight.
"I've always had this theory that when you teach an audience how to see the demon inside you, they don't unsee it for the rest of your career," Hawke tells EW of his past reluctance to go dark. "Jack Nicholson can be playing an accountant and you're still waiting for him to explode like he did in The Shining. It changes your relationship to a performer, so I've always been nervous about it. But I realized I'm on the other side of 50 and it's time to put a new tool in the tool kit. Villains might be my future."

CREDIT: MARVEL ENTERTAINMENT
At least this year it will be. Long missing from Hawke's diverse résumé was an appearance in the superhero world, but it turns out all it took to seal the deal was fellow Brooklynite Oscar Isaac running into him at a coffee shop and asking.
"The comic book world meant a lot to me when I was younger," Hawke says. "I was always a little apprehensive; there's a certain kind of actor that really excels in that universe, and I'm still not sure I'm one of them. But then Oscar asked me, and I really respect him. And I knew that if he went in, he was going to go all in, and it's fun to do any genre with people who are all in. Mohamed Diab, I really like his films, he's a special director. So it just became about the project, and it wasn't an intellectual decision at all; it was like, 'Oh, let's do something cool with these guys.' And the more I learned about the Moon Knight, the more turned on I got, because it's so much better than trying to create something that the audience already has a big agenda with. Like, if you do Batman or Superman or Hulk, any of these famous ones, the fans have so many preconceived things that they want from it. It's like playing Hamlet. Ninety percent of people there have an opinion about how Hamlet should be played. I love doing Shakespeare in front of student audiences because they don't have a big agenda. They didn't see how much better Patrick Stewart did it than you. They're just accepting of how you did it. And with Moon Knight, we get to create a world and a character. The fan in me always enjoys the first movie. I love learning about how the hell Captain America came to be — those are my favorite parts of the story."

While specifics of Hawke's character are still unconfirmed, he shares with EW that psychiatrist Carl Jung and infamous cult leader David Koresh were among the inspirations for his performance. "Your gut leads you," he explains. "The uber-rich villain mastermind isn't interesting to me. I love the ones who believe that they're a good person and that's why they have to kill you. That, I find really terrifying."
And terrifyingly hilarious is the fact that Moon Knight unites the stars of the last two movies from First Reformed and The Card Counter filmmaker/Martin Scorsese collaborator/Facebook blogger Paul Schrader.
"The cinema universe is laughing in the sky about that," cracks Hawke.
Moon Knight premieres March 30 on Disney+.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor

1000.jpeg

He must be Frenchy in the Moon Knight series. RIP

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The promotional clips look amazing and i wonder if Hawkes character will be as insane as he was in the comics