Movie News: Deadpool & Wolverine w/ Ryan Reynolds & Hugh Jackman Update: Rotten Tomatoes Verified Audience Score 97% LITE SPOILERS!

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dafne Keen redeemed herself for being in that wack-ass Acolyte :lol:
Oh and Raw

740full-dafne-keen.jpg

740full-dafne-keen.jpg

740full-dafne-keen.jpg

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
It was okay. The Story was weak though with with Too much edgelord F-bombs. The dialogue felt like it was written by an edgelord white teen xbox gamer . The movie felt like a proving ground for what Disney can get away with(now they can do a gritty daredevil or punisher show) i dont think They went deep enough in48 this variant wolverines past. The flashback didnt ehow enough. Also too much self swar meta humor. The audience didnt teally need this movie to tell them hiw bad 4hecurrent state of the mcu Basically...

Captain america 4 will be the movie that saves the mcu

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
The critics are tearing this movie apart....... I hope it's not as bad as they say
This is how I look at it

1 consider the character and previous movies/iterations if you are expecting Deadpool to be anything other than the previous movies :cmonson:

2 this movie is chock full of fan service and geekdom (as it should be) and I was down for it.

If you can't go into a movie like Deadpool and enjoy it for what it is :dunno:

stizz3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is how I look at it

1 consider the character and previous movies/iterations if you are expecting Deadpool to be anything other than the previous movies :cmonson:

2 this movie is chock full of fan service and geekdom (as it should be) and I was down for it.

If you can't go into a movie like Deadpool and enjoy it for what it is :dunno:
i saw a post that said it was "better than expected"

what exactly were they expecting? This movie was exactly what I was expecting. and then some. Im shocked that they kept some of the stuff under wraps. It aint perfect, but what movie is?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Box Office: ‘Deadpool & Wolverine’ Reaps Record $38.5M in Previews, Best Ever for an R-Rated Film and More​

The Shawn Levy-directed Marvel film, teaming Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman, is also the eighth biggest preview number among any film.

BY PAMELA MCCLINTOCK
Plus Icon

JULY 26, 2024 8:41AM
Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool/Wade Wilson and Hugh Jackman as Wolverine/Logan in Shawn Levy's 'Deadpool & Wolverine.'

Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool/Wade Wilson and Hugh Jackman as Wolverine/Logan in 'Deadpool & Wolverine.' JAY MAIDMENT/MARVEL

Merc with the Mouth is looking better than ever, along with old pal and fellow superhero favorite Wolverine.
Marvel Studios and Disney’s Deadpool & Wolverine grossed a record-shattering $38.5 million in Thursday previews beginning, by far the best showing ever for an R-rated film and putting it at No. 8 on the list of top previews among all films, not adjusted for inflation. It joins an elite roster that includes installments in Hollywood’s biggest franchise, including Avengers, Star Wars, Spider-Man and the final Harry Potter film.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/m...s-deadpool-wolverine-blake-lively-1235958388/
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/music-news/ice-spice-taylor-swift-karma-remix-1235958417/

Shawn Levy directed the high-profile Deadpool threequel, which returns Ryan Reynolds as Wade Wilson/Deadpool and brings Jackman into the franchise as Logan/Wolverine. (The trio are close friends, a big plus for the film’s global publicity tour that was capped by a stop at Comic-Con’s Hall H on Thursday, where fanboys were treated to a panel and a screening of the two-hour and eight-minute film.)
The whirlwind worldwide tour is certainly paying off; the Deadpool threequel is also pulling in huge numbers overseas, earning $64.8 million in its first two days, 57 percent ahead of the first film and 48 percent of the sequel.
ADVERTISEMENT

The record-shattering preview gross in North America is difficult to decipher because of the R-rating in terms of whether it changes the weekend opening forecast of $160 million to $175 million. Studios and most box office analysts believe it would be hard for an R-rated movie to cross $200 million in its domestic launch, although David Herrin’s The Quorom believes it could.
Deadpool & Wolverine is being buoyed by strong reviews and even stronger exits, or five out of five on PostTrack and a 97 audience score on Rotten Tomatoes.
The first Deadpool made history when opening to $133.7 million domestically in February 2016, the biggest start ever for an R-rated title — a record it still holds — proving that a superhero pic could draw big crowds despite the restrictive rating. A little more than two years later, Deadpool 2 debuted to $125.5 million after earning $18.6 million in previews, the record until now for an R-rated film.
Feige’s Marvel took over the Deadpool franchise when Marvel parent company Disney swallowed up 20th Century Fox, which had rights to the X-Men universe of characters. Deadpool & Wolverine is the first R-rated movie ever released by Disney, Marvel or otherwise.

Reynolds — also an expert promoter and producer — and his marketing team at Maximum Effort, along with Disney, have been trying to grow the audience by going after woman. On Wednesday, Taylor Swift — who is good friends with Reynolds and wife Blake Lively — used her powerful social media sway to post an item endorsing the movie that included a link to buy tickets “if you like to see things that are unspeakably awesome. Continuing, she sad, “Shout out to Wade Wilson, a.k.a., my god kids’ sperm donor.”

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
i saw a post that said it was "better than expected"

what exactly were they expecting? This movie was exactly what I was expecting. and then some. Im shocked that they kept some of the stuff under wraps. It aint perfect, but what movie is?
Like I first posted I was satisfied with the opening credits, the fact they gave me this (one of the greatest comic book covers ever) :

919TiDJv-0L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Hulk-vs-Wolverine.jpg
I was literally in the theater like
1089203957244887042.jpg

From when endgame came out

94ec7e01d85210677f25bca13c7a860b.jpg

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
Seating is damn near impossible to find at my locals theaters. DAMN!
I might have to wait another 1-2 week.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It was okay. The Story was weak though with with Too much edgelord F-bombs. The dialogue felt like it was written by an edgelord white teen xbox gamer . The movie felt like a proving ground for what Disney can get away with(now they can do a gritty daredevil or punisher show) i dont think They went deep enough in48 this variant wolverines past. The flashback didnt ehow enough. Also too much self swar meta humor. The audience didnt teally need this movie to tell them hiw bad 4hecurrent state of the mcu Basically...

Captain america 4 will be the movie that saves the mcu

Shit based on that trailer I saw….that shit should’ve been the second season of Falcon and Winter Soldier. Looked good but didn’t look interesting enough to change the course of where these films going.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I liked the last Doctor Strange and Wakanda Forever better.

I liked the movie but these don’t be actually good movies they be great guilty pleasures lol. This one just straight up was action scenes and Easter eggs.
You're crazy lol
This is the best since Spiderman
This one is actually fun and entertaining