Movie News: Michael B. Jordan Reportedly Doing Black Panther

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Michael B. Jordan Reportedly Doing Black Panther

13-michael-b-jordan.w529.h529.jpg

It appears that Michael B. Jordan is jumping into the cast of Ryan Coogler's 2018 Marvel superhero movie Black Panther. This continues Jordan's streak as Coogler's muse, given that he has starred in Fruitvale Stationand Creed. If you're thinking, "Hey, isn't Michael B. Jordan already in a superhero thing?" you're sort of right: He played the Human Torch in last year's Fox outingFantastic Four, but that bombed hard, so one can presume he won't be caught up in any kind of franchise commitment on that front. Today's report comes from The Hollywood Reporter and it's unclear what his character's role will be, although one source apparently told them he might be a villain. Hmm, well he's not playing longtime Black Panther villain Klaw, because Andy Serkis already has that covered ... uh, maybe Erik Killmonger? This news comes on the heels of yesterday's whispers about Lupita Nyong'ojoining the flick, and between her, Jordan, and star Chadwick Boseman, it's almost criminal how beautiful this cast is shaping up to be.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
the perfect role for him would be Baron Zemo....(thats if they put Zemo in the Black Panther movie....they should).
if Marvel does that......it aint no fuckin stoppin em.....i'd camp out for the movie.....lol

Solomon

Lifetime Member
Platinum Member
If he's a part of Black Panther, he won't be the first actor that played different characters in Super Hero movies. The dude that played the Human Torch before him is playing Captain America now. Ryan Reynolds played the Green Lantern and then played Dead Pool (although one is a DC character and the other is a Marvel character).

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Peace,

Crazy how young Coogler is. He's going to have a good run.

It is just beggining

Fruitvale put him on the map as knowing how to direct

His growth from that go creed was prodigy like. He revived a white hero and made him black.

Now he'll have the budget to bring black panther to life.

And once he does he'll have his pick of whatever he wants. Won't even matter.

I knew Jordan would be in it and I'm glad cause now I know with my heart it's going to be incredible.

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yes when I read the title I said Erik Killmonger. :dance:

Yeah strong casting for Erik Killmonger.

The comic history lines up perfectly with what the MCU has already set up since Age of Ultron involving Klaw.

A native of Wakanda, he was born under the name N'Jadaka. When Ulysses Klaw and his mercenaries attacked Wakanda, they press-ganged N'Jadaka's father into helping them; when Klaw was defeated, the father died and his family was exiled. N'Jadaka ended up in Harlem, New York, nursing a hatred against the supervillain and T'Challa, the king who'd exiled him. He changed his name to Erik Killmonger and studied at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, desperate to avenge his father's death.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yes. Very much it can denied. The worked on 1 movie. my god

well actually two movies.

and i disagree.

You KNEW after Taxi Driver there was special bond between actor and director

you KNOW after just one movie at times.

if 2 white guys had the work like Fruitvale they would have been given FREE ride already.

its just something...Raging Bull, wait a minute Burton and Depp is another

Malcolm X, The Aviator, hell even Affleck and Kevin Smith in Chasing Amy.

There are just pairings that WORK.

And Coogler has that with Jordan its undeniable and the loyalty between them off camera is something that we as a people should herald ESPECIALLY since VERY few if any of us have real power in media & entertainment in this country.

raze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
well actually two movies.

and i disagree.

You KNEW after Taxi Driver there was special bond between actor and director

you KNOW after just one movie at times.

if 2 white guys had the work like Fruitvale they would have been given FREE ride already.

its just something...Raging Bull, wait a minute Burton and Depp is another

Malcolm X, The Aviator, hell even Affleck and Kevin Smith in Chasing Amy.

There are just pairings that WORK.

And Coogler has that with Jordan its undeniable and the loyalty between them off camera is something that we as a people should herald ESPECIALLY since VERY few if any of us have real power in media & entertainment in this country.

cat-memes-preach-my-brother.jpg