Movie News: Michael B. Jordan Reportedly Doing Black Panther

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
He wrote the part for him
Then directed him on how to act out the part
And had nothing to do with the Oscar nomination.

He literally turned a no budget film into a universally praised cannes film festival success

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
He didnt get one. And wasnt nominated. Which makes me believe the fix was in. Its white people. The fix is always in.

Yea. On not including a worthy talent that's exactly the point
He wrote and directed a dope ass movie they didn't want to but ended up loving and wanting a sequel to and they gave an Oscar nod to Stallone instead of Jordan or Coogler for the very reason you're saying

Because of nobody was nominated there would be outrage. If Stallone is nominated white ppl can say well they did acknowledge something

WhenTheGoingGetsTtuff

Rising Star
Registered
It wasn't like a documentary lol clearly you havent even watched Fruitvale station lol
It was a movie that was critically acclaimed that premiered at the cannes film festival and earned a theatrical release because of the critics reviews.

That is fact.

Creed is a movie he wrote and directed that brought a dead franchise back to life, and changed the main character from a white guy to a black one while earning Stallone an Oscar nod in 2016

That us verifiable fact.

Point out the part where I'm making something up

Because you are only offering your opinion

I am stating facts
show me a fact that you wrote that didnt come from white opinons?

WhenTheGoingGetsTtuff

Rising Star
Registered
Yea. On not including a worthy talent that's exactly the point
He wrote and directed a dope ass movie they didn't want to but ended up loving and wanting a sequel to and they gave an Oscar nod to Stallone instead of Jordan or Coogler for the very reason you're saying

Because of nobody was nominated there would be outrage. If Stallone is nominated white ppl can say well they did acknowledge something
No. It wasnt a dope movie. Youre delusional. And i dont trust him with my favorite character.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
What am i saying that doesnt fit? I didnt say hes bad. I said he was ok. And in another thread i said that dude hadn't done a superhero flick. For it to be done right you have to be IN to the character. Hes untested. And hes just like the lady. Just cuz hes black they decided to get him to do it. But yall wanna celebrate. Im gonna wait

He actually co-directed some of the Black Panther scenes in Captain America Civil War and helped with the script.

Coogler had a DIRECT hand in crafting the first ever film depiction of T'Challa / Black Panther that everyone white & Black have been raving about.

so he isn't untested anymore and to direct someone to a Oscar nomination for a role they portrayed over 20 years previously and make it fresh and a success is damn impressive to me.

and did you SEE Creed?...some of the BEST modern boxing scenes ever.

And there is NO Black men in America THAT age that don't know and respect and revere Black Panther...they KNOW this character WE know this character.

They got this and honestly I STILL think Ava would have done a good job and if I was Coogler I would let Coates and HER take a look at the shooting script...

I think their input could be VITAL to make sure the movie hits on all cylinders.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
The Russo Brothers never did a comic book movie before Winter Solider. They were comic book fans just like Coogler is.

Also Coogler sat in on Civil War with the producers and directors and had actual input on the Black Panther's character development, so he not going in blind.

During a recent interview with io9, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige admitted that Ryan Coogler had the opportunity to contribute to the Civil War creative process. He said:

Ryan came in and watched the movie. We did a little bit of additional photography here and there and Ryan did a pass at a couple of those scenes. So there’s a line or two that Panther says in the movie that Ryan contributed to. [Civil War screenwriters] Chris [Markus] and Steve [McFeely] absorbed it into their draft, put their spin on it and words to it, but Ryan has started to be involved in earlier cuts of this movie.

It’s worth noting that Ryan Coogler’s contribution – however minor – to Civil War will go a long way towards establishing T’Challa with mainstream audiences. While Marvel has already done a phenomenal job of making the MCU films feel fairly cohesive, Ryan Coogler’s freshman effort on the first solo Black Panther film will feel even more familiar to fans because the director will have already had a hand in an earlier on-screen incarnation of the character. That may seem like a minor detail, but it’s one that will allow Black Panther to hit the ground running in his 2018 adventure.
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/How-...Panther-Captain-America-Civil-War-124067.html

I guess there goes that huh? Lol

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He actually co-directed some of the Black Panther scenes in Captain America Civil War and helped with the script.

Coogler had a DIRECT hand in crafting the first ever film depiction of T'Challa / Black Panther that everyone white & Black have been raving about.

so he isn't untested anymore and to direct someone to a Oscar nomination for a role they portrayed over 20 years previously and make it fresh and a success is damn impressive to me.

and did you SEE Creed?...some of the BEST modern boxing scenes ever.

And there is NO Black men in America THAT age that don't know and respect and revere Black Panther...they KNOW this character WE know this character.

They got this and honestly I STILL think Ava would have done a good job and if I was Coogler I would let Coates and HER take a look at the shooting script...

I think their input could be VITAL to make sure the movie hits on all cylinders.

I agree

The Russo Brothers never did a comic book movie before Winter Solider. They were comic book fans just like Coogler is.

Also Coogler sat in on Civil War with the producers and directors and had actual input on the Black Panther's character development, so he not going in blind.

During a recent interview with io9, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige admitted that Ryan Coogler had the opportunity to contribute to theCivil War creative process. He said:

Ryan came in and watched the movie. We did a little bit of additional photography here and there and Ryan did a pass at a couple of those scenes. So there’s a line or two that Panther says in the movie that Ryan contributed to. [Civil War screenwriters] Chris [Markus] and Steve [McFeely] absorbed it into their draft, put their spin on it and words to it, but Ryan has started to be involved in earlier cuts of this movie.

It’s worth noting that Ryan Coogler’s contribution – however minor – to Civil Warwill go a long way towards establishing T’Challa with mainstream audiences. While Marvel has already done a phenomenal job of making the MCU films feel fairly cohesive, Ryan Coogler’s freshman effort on the first solo Black Panther film will feel even more familiar to fans because the director will have already had a hand in an earlier on-screen incarnation of the character. That may seem like a minor detail, but it’s one that will allow Black Panther to hit the ground running in his 2018 adventure.
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/How-...Panther-Captain-America-Civil-War-124067.html

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I agree

During a recent interview with io9, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige admitted that Ryan Coogler had the opportunity to contribute to theCivil War creative process. He said:

It’s worth noting that Ryan Coogler’s contribution – however minor – to Civil Warwill go a long way towards establishing T’Challa with mainstream audiences. While Marvel has already done a phenomenal job of making the MCU films feel fairly cohesive, Ryan Coogler’s freshman effort on the first solo Black Panther film will feel even more familiar to fans because the director will have already had a hand in an earlier on-screen incarnation of the character. That may seem like a minor detail, but it’s one that will allow Black Panther to hit the ground running in his 2018 adventure.

Writer's Circle: How Ryan Coogler Helped With Black Panther In Captain America: Civil War

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Agreed.

Who would he be?? Who gives a fuck. Nigga he would "be" in the movie.

As I said before...

I'm not against it. Just wondering.
I'm trying to think who in the Black Panther's history he could be.

I wanted him as the father. So i can say he was the first Black Panther.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
As I said before...

I'm not against it. Just wondering.
I'm trying to think who in the Black Panther's history he could be.

I wanted him as the father. So i can say he was the first Black Panther.

I originally wanted that too but seeing as old as the father was in Civil war (old enough to fought Captain America on his first mission into Wakanda) Denzel could STILL be an original Panther who assumed the mantle in between...an Uncle?

Who took the reins until T'Challa was of age?

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
90% Of The Black Panther Cast Will Be African Or African American

blackpanther-movie-182668.png

In Captain America: Civil War, Chadwick Boseman made his debut as Black Panther/T'Challa, and in the mid-credits scene, we even got our first glimpse of the technologically-advanced nation of Wakanda. That type of introduction is rare for Marvel Studios as they normally introduce a major character with their own solo film before bringing them into an ensemble superhero movie.

Marvel boss Kevin Feige dropped by The Empire Film Podcast recently and explained why he chose to introduce Black Panther in Civil War, and he also discussed the character's upcoming solo film and its cast.

"That will be amongst the best ensembles we've ever had," Feige said of the Black Panthercast, "and 90% of the cast is either African or African-American."

The cast is off to a great start. Aside from Boseman, the past few days have revealed that Michael B. Jordan (Fantastic Four) and Lupita Nyong'o (Star Wars: The Force Awakens) are joining the cast.

You can listen to Feige's Black Panther comments, starting at the 52-minute mark, in the audio player below.

http://comicbook.com/2016/05/13/90-of-the-black-panther-cast-will-be-african-or-african-american/