Movie News: Scream 7 - Neve Campbell & Kevin Williamson Courteney Cox? BACK! Update: Melissa Barrera & Jenna Ortega GONE!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@tallblacknyc

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
@tallblacknyc

In other words they better stand outside her house doing :money: :money: :money:

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@tallblacknyc

Yeah I heard they been talking to her for a min since the shit show began. They tried to kiss Jewish ass and ended up losing 2 of their main chicks for their new storyline and the director. So now they gotta kiss the og ass if they want to make a new installment. They literally been denying the fan concept of stu never died and could easily use that storyline. In fact that could tie in the last 2 movies off the strength that in part 5 they were at stu house and in part 6 the fbi chick made a comment about the scream exhibit and the tv that allegedly killed stu. Chick literally jokingly said if stu actually is dead. Somehow connect stu to linking up with the fan killers of part 5 and giving them the motivation to want to kill his old partners daughter and her sis cause he never 4gave him for cutting him to deep in scream 1 and the plan failing. He wants to kill Sidney for fucking up his face when dropping that tv on him and the fact he always wanted some pussy from her and she gave it up to his boy instead. There’s your connection

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yeah I heard they been talking to her for a min since the shit show began. They tried to kiss Jewish ass and ended up losing 2 of their main chicks for their new storyline and the director. So now they gotta kiss the og ass if they want to make a new installment. They literally been denying the fan concept of stu never died and could easily use that storyline. In fact that could tie in the last 2 movies off the strength that in part 5 they were at stu house and in part 6 the fbi chick made a comment about the scream exhibit and the tv that allegedly killed stu. Chick literally jokingly said if stu actually is dead. Somehow connect stu to linking up with the fan killers of part 5 and giving them the motivation to want to kill his old partners daughter and her sis cause he never 4gave him for cutting him to deep in scream 1 and the plan failing. He wants to kill Sidney for fucking up his face when dropping that tv on him and the fact he always wanted some pussy from her and she gave it up to his boy instead. There’s your connection

I agree with almost all that...

They need to do some version of the Stu thing with some kind of twist to make sure that they win the fans over.

And they never should have publicly sh*t in Neve bad optics all around. All THAT bad press made them panic. And lead to all the subsequent bad decisions. Firing and quitting and backlash.

But I keep telling yall Ortega wasn't coming back anyway had nothing to do with the Israel stuff. That was a money, career and change of director move by her team.

Last edited:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Wow.... I respect her conviction

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Courteney Cox in talks to join fellow Scream vet Neve Campbell in 7th movie​

It looks like ace reporter Gale Weathers will ride again.
By
Nick Romano

Published on March 29, 2024

After securing Neve Campbell's return as Sidney Prescott, the Scream 7 team is looking to add another veteran to the cast.

Courteney Cox is currently in talks to make her next comeback as ace reporter Gale Weathers in the seventh installment, sources confirm to EW. Variety earlier reported the news.

EW reached out to reps for Cox and Spyglass Media Group for comment.

The Friends alum continues to be a mainstay of the franchise with Campbell. She was last seen in 2023's Scream VI, which took place in New York City. Though Cox and Campbell last shared the Scream screen together in 2022's entry.

Courteney Cox in 'Scream VI'

Courteney Cox's Gale Weathers in 'Scream VI'. PARAMOUNT PICTURES AND SPYGLASS MEDIA GROUP
Campbell announced her return for Scream 7 earlier in March, marking a major overhaul in the plans for the franchise. The actress sat out Scream VI due to a pay dispute, but the producers and studio seemed motivated to have her back in light of the departures of Melissa Barrera and Jenna Ortega, the de facto headliners of this new Scream movie era.

Production company Spyglass Media Group dropped Barrera from her leading role as Samantha Carpenter for expressing her support for the Palestinian cause and criticizing Israeli actions in the ongoing Israel-Hamas war. Ortega dropped out from her role as Samantha's sister Tara due to scheduling conflicts. Christopher Landon, who was set to direct Scream 7, also departed the role after news broke of Barrera's firing.

Neve Campbell (âSidney Prescottâ), left, and Courteney Cox (âGale Weathersâ) star in Paramount Pictures and Spyglass Media Group's Scream.

Neve Campbell's Sidney Prescott and Courteney Cox's Gale Weathers in 'Scream'. PARAMOUNT PICTURES
Now Kevin Williamson, the screenwriter of Scream, Scream 2, and Scream 4, will be directing Scream 7, which will be written by Guy Busick.

"Hi All. I’m so excited to announce this news!!! Sidney Prescott is coming back!!!!" Campbell wrote in a statement published to Instagram in mid March. "It’s always been such a blast and an honor to get to play Sidney in the Scream movies. My appreciation for these films and for what they have meant to me, has never waned."

"I’m very happy and proud to say I’ve been asked, in the most respectful way, to bring Sidney back to the screen and I couldn’t be more thrilled!!!" she continued. "Well actually I could. While I’ve been so incredibly lucky to make these films with both the master of horror Wes Craven and the wonderfully talented [Tyler Gillett and Matt Bettinelli-Olpin] team, I’ve dreamt for many years of how amazing it would be to make one of these movies with Kevin Williamson at the helm. And now it’s happening, Kevin Williamson is going to direct Scream 7! This was his baby and it’s his brilliant mind that dreamt up this world. Kevin is not just an inspiration as an artist but has been a dear friend for many years. To the amazing Scream fans, I hope you are as excited as I am. See you on set."