Music Debate: Dame Dash decides Real Men CAN have Bosses

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
damedash5.jpg

“I’m not saying don’t go get a job,” Dash told ******. “I’m saying while you have that job, invest some of that into putting it into something you own. Instead of buying sneakers and cars, put it in a business.”

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
In Part Two Of ******’s Exclusive Interview With Damon Dash, The One-Time Roc-A-Fella Records CEO Says His New Philosophy Is To “Invest In Yourself”

Damon Dash has had a change of heart on whether “real men” could have bosses.

In ******’s second installment of Dash’s exclusive interview, the entrepreneur said his philosophy now is to “invest in yourself” whether you’re the boss or the worker.

“I’m not saying don’t go get a job,” Dash told ******. “I’m saying while you have that job, invest some of that into putting into something you own. Instead of buying sneakers and cars, put it in a business.”

The record label head turned filmmaker said comments are in sharp contrast to his interview on the on “The Breakfast Club” in March, where he criticized people with nine-to-fives.

“Every real man wants to be the boss,” Dash said in The Breakfast Club interview. “Who do the girls like? The boss.”

Dash told ****** that his self-reliant work ethic ideas have gone down well with young folks.

“On a more positive note, this is a time I’m embracing, because I’ve been saying the same messages for years, and the millennial generation seems to be embracing it,” Dash told ******. “The younger cats that are used to having a Black president, they seem to be embracing this independence and understanding of how to invest in yourself.”

The father of four, who has two New York arrest warrants for owing nearly $400,000 to two of his kids’ mothers, is apparently practicing what he preaches. He said he’ll release his next film, Too Honorable, online in two weeks, and just appointed Queens rapper Noreaga as the president of Dame Dash Studios Miami. In September, he said he’ll launch a Netflix-like service to stream all of his music and movies, and said he’s launching a whiskey and a white wine.

“I’m a conglomerate man,” Dash said. “I’m like a big hedge fund.”

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
He's said this for over a year now. People ran with Charlamagne and Envy's interpretation of his words. To a worker, being a boss means owning a physical store. To a boss, it means investing and ownership. Most people who work live check to check and invest in nigga trinkets. All Dame is saying is if youre not working towards financial freedom you aint a boss. Boyce Watkins and Tariq Nasheed say the EXACT same thing. The question that needs to be asked is why are the descendants of slaves obsessed with working for CACs and see that as their only option?

Dame's situation hasnt changed. He's still an entrepreneur, and most of the people wishing for him to fall take orders from a white person everyday.

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
He's said this for over a year now. People ran with Charlamagne and Envy's interpretation of his words. To a worker, being a boss means owning a physical store. To a boss, it means investing and ownership. Most people who work live check to check and invest in nigga trinkets. All Dame is saying is if youre not working towards financial freedom you aint a boss. Boyce Watkins and Tariq Nasheed say the EXACT same thing. The question that needs to be asked is why are the descendants of slaves obsessed with working for CACs and see that as their only option?

Dame's situation hasnt changed. He's still an entrepreneur, and most of the people wishing for him to fall take orders from a white person everyday.

Interesting.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
He's said this for over a year now. People ran with Charlamagne and Envy's interpretation of his words.

That wasn't there interpretation that was EVERYONE'S interpretation. He was clowning people and making nonsense arguments about people's manhood if they weren't in business. His new, clean up remarks are coming after everyone clowned his ass.

To a worker, being a boss means owning a physical store. To a boss, it means investing and ownership.

That's a very simplified statement that assumes everyone is ignorant of what a boss is or what business is in general. I know people that are into renting and flipping homes and still go to a 9 to 5 and don't call themselves a boss.

Most people who work live check to check and invest in nigga trinkets. All Dame is saying is if youre not working towards financial freedom you aint a boss.

While I agree with this part. Dame Dash was the same idiot who bragged about not wearing the same socks twice and blew millions of dollars on bullshit. Being in business and having money doesn't mean you have to waste it. He's no better than the check to check people is he? Or was he? I bet he wished he saved some of that money and probably wearing the same socks from yesterday.

The question that needs to be asked is why are the descendants of slaves obsessed with working for CACs and see that as their only option?

I don't think they are obsessed with working for CACS? Are CACS obsessed with working for CACS? Our education system doesn't teach you how to become a business person....and that goes for everyone white or black.

This is a dude who flaunted and bragged about money daily and basically rubbed it in peoples face that he was rich, why wouldn't people shit on him once the world found out "the emperor wears no clothes"??? He's still fronting and talking big and all over the place. Trying to save face as Jay-Z makes millions every year...

II Dxnum

Rising Star
Registered
now people associate his name more with that interview than they do Jay-Z. brilliant move by dame.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
That wasn't there interpretation that was EVERYONE'S interpretation. He was clowning people and making nonsense arguments about people's manhood if they weren't in business. His new, clean up remarks are coming after everyone clowned his ass.

It wasnt everyone's interpretation, it was Envy & Charlamagnes. There are plenty of people who saw Dame's words for what they were and didnt get butthurt. And many of those people go to a job everyday. They took it as motivation, hence his channel being called "Hip Hop Motivation". Dame has videos from last summer where he speaks on this at length and it doesnt differentiate from what he said on the Breakfast Club.

That's a very simplified statement that assumes everyone is ignorant of what a boss is or what business is in general. I know people that are into renting and flipping homes and still go to a 9 to 5 and don't call themselves a boss.

And chances are the majority of their income comes from that 9 to 5, not their side hustle of renting out properties. I also know people who own hair salons, work at others, and DO call themselves a boss. The point is, too many black folks use the "I dont have start up capital" excuse to stay at their shitty jobs. Even on this board when this discussion popped off, that was the biggest reason people said they didnt want to go in business for themselves. They think owning a physical store is the only way into ownership and not investing. Dr. Boyce, a financial professor has discussed this at length as well.

While I agree with this part. Dame Dash was the same idiot who bragged about not wearing the same socks twice and blew millions of dollars on bullshit. Being in business and having money doesn't mean you have to waste it. He's no better than the check to check people is he? Or was he? I bet he wished he saved some of that money and probably wearing the same socks from yesterday.

Dame was in his 20's and 30's when he said those things. He's 43 now. He's also poured champagne on women in rap videos back then, and today he says he tells his son that dude was an idiot, dont be like him, be like how I am today. So there's growth there. I'm sure you said and did things in your 20's and 30's that you probably wouldnt echo today. Only difference is, you werent in the public eye. Your statement also highlights black people's mentality to hold grudges with black businessmen for the most trivial of reasons, but forgive CAC corporations no problem. A lot of the white businesses Im sure you patronize have said and done a lot worse to black folks, but I doubt you'd give them up or hold a grudge. Self hate isnt helping us family. Dame has been coming together with black men (Kanye, Beans, Lee Daniels, Puff, etc) setting aside differences the last few months and yall wanna bash the man. Sad. Dame also spends almost all of his money on films and businesses and is able to live a lavish lifestyle 99% of people on BGOL dont. I'd say he's doing ok.

I don't think they are obsessed with working for CACS? Are CACS obsessed with working for CACS? Our education system doesn't teach you how to become a business person....and that goes for everyone white or black.

Blacks are obsessed with working for CACs. Over 9 out of 10 do. Blacks are also obsessed with giving their money to CACs. I challenge anyone reading this to go 2 weeks without doing so, they wont even attempt it. That goes for you as well sir.

This is a dude who flaunted and bragged about money daily and basically rubbed it in peoples face that he was rich, why wouldn't people shit on him once the world found out "the emperor wears no clothes"??? He's still fronting and talking big and all over the place. Trying to save face as Jay-Z makes millions every year...

The problem is the emperor still got his clothes. Yall waiting for him to fall off, but he hasnt. 2 weeks ago a thread popped up about an arrest warrant. Dame still aint in jail and just released a new trailer for a movie. Cats hotlink his child support issues to slam him, when prolly half of BGOL goin thru the same thing and can relate. Cats say he's an idiot but watch every vid he drops. :lol:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

hmmmmm.....

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
the truth is, that always gotta be a boss attitude

while I do respect aspects of it..

is NOT working for Dame..

Dame could have a super hit reality tv show and crew..

following him around.. yelling at various people

then making up later... lol..

he is custom made for reality t.v, with his over the top

dramatic ass..

but his always got to be the boss attitude, turns people off

and nobody will work with him..

His reality show could easily do love and hip hop numbers...

but he is too hard and big headed to cash out on a reality show....

nobody is going to put up with a king with no kingdom...

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Interpretation of his word? Bruhm he said it out his own mouth that men with bosses are weak and lame

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Every white businessman in AmeriKKKa knows black people cant live or survive without their goods and services. Thats why they can say anything they want and have no worries. Rupert Murdoch, Fox News CEO shitted on black history saying Egyptians were CACs to promote his Exodus movie and blacks on BGOL were in an uproar. No problem, all he had to do is give you Empire TV show and blacks give him ratings. Give the blacks something shiny and all the bullshit he or Fox News says is forgotten and forgiven. But a black businessman is held to what he said 20 years ago as reason not to support his agenda or products. :lol: Empire is the #1 show in America. See how easy it is for white businessmen? They dont have to deal with the self hate that black businessmen do. Blacks are obsessed with working for and giving their money to CACs.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
He's said this for over a year now. People ran with Charlamagne and Envy's interpretation of his words.

he did say it for years. but he made char and envy get in his head. and said what he said.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
Blacks are obsessed with working for CACs. Over 9 out of 10 do. Blacks are also obsessed with giving their money to CACs. I challenge anyone reading this to go 2 weeks without doing so, they wont even attempt it. That goes for you as well sir.

I've been self employed for 23 years sir (and and I employ over 50 people). Even as a business person I think Dame was on some bullshit.

Wait...Dame is this you?

Cosign every thing Drayonis said above.

:cool:

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
Truth hurts. Yall livin vicariously thru lame ass Envy and Charlafag, feelings hurt. And Dame nor his son still doesnt have a job, do yall? :lol:
Escuse me damedicksucker, I run my own biz. Also I found dame's message to be enlightening but terribly delivered. I also have never been a fan of that breakfast show, the last time i deemed NY radio dope was the 80's.

Maybe if you take dame's nuts our of your mouth and stop making yourself look like an idiot by feeling you have to push his wheelchair everytime there's a dame thread, you may actually learn to give other people some credence for understanding for themselves.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Escuse me damedicksucker, I run my own biz. Also I found dame's message to be enlightening but terribly delivered. I also have never been a fan of that breakfast show, the last time i deemed NY radio dope was the 80's.

Maybe if you take dame's nuts our of your mouth and stop making yourself look like an idiot by feeling you have to push his wheelchair everytime there's a dame thread, you may actually learn to give other people some credence for understanding for themselves.

Youre excused Camel rider, tyler the coon salad tosser. You run your own business but do yoy encourage others to do the same? Fuck no so STFU. All you mofos care about is yourselves and each every one of you is gonna hand some white person your money today. Being a businessman is all the more reason you should be listening to a more successful one than you. Dames lost more money than youve made. If it werent for him you wouldnt have Jays dick to suck. Show some respect.

Mentor B

"All literature is protest."
Registered

I actually follow those two individuals. And when I was listening to Dame in that interview, I was like, "Yo, what he is saying coincides with group economics to some extent."

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
I actually follow those two individuals. And when I was listening to Dame in that interview, I was like, "Yo, what he is saying coincides with group economics to some extent."

Nah fuck group economics. I got me, fuck the rest of yall. I aint teachin or showin none of yall niggas how to get it. Im special, youre not. Now excuse me Im bout to go to HEB and give these crackers they money back.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
Youre excused Camel rider, tyler the coon salad tosser. You run your own business but do yoy encourage others to do the same? Fuck no so STFU. All you mofos care about is yourselves and each every one of you is gonna hand some white person your money today. Being a businessman is all the more reason you should be listening to a more successful one than you. Dames lost more money than youve made. If it werent for him you wouldnt have Jays dick to suck. Show some respect.

I have a question for you. If everyone is supposed to be a boss, who are going to be the employees? Please answer my question, no bullshit.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
I have a question for you. If everyone is supposed to be a boss, who are going to be the employees? Please answer my question, no bullshit.

Anybody. Isnt that already the case? Do we tell people working for others is unrealistic or too hard? No. We telll high school dropouts to get a job. In a capitalistic society there will always be workers. Always have forced or unforced. Immigrants come over and start businesses instantly, they not worried about who will the workers be

Now my question to you why are we (meaning blacks) so overconcerned wit that? Is it because we are conditioned to work for others? Are we implying were best suited not being in control? If every black person started theirbown biz, you still got 85% of the population ro find workers wit. I just dont get the "whos gonna do the work" logic. Not everyone is gonna be a boss, true, but our community definitely needs a lot more of that. 99% of the black work force works for whites. 2% owns a business, thems slavery numbers fam. Pitiful. Id love for us to be in a position where when lil pookie cant get a job in corporate america he can come back to his community and find decent employment.

Id also like to add I think its great some of yall own businesses and are givin folks jobs. Thats excellent. At the same time too many times our successful businessmen are reluctant to share information or put others in a position to do the same. Group economics is not about individuals its about the community as a whole. Damon Dash gives FREE financial advice to a financially illiterate community and he gets bashed? Cats aint held this kinda animosity towards Zimmerman or Darren Wilson. Dame spawned a Jay Z, a Kanye, a Lee Daniels . His track record of creating black businessmen should NOT be questioned. He's not just selling people somethin, or saying I got this, you dont Im better than you. He's tryna inspire others to be more financially independent and in the hip hop community he has. Finance and ownership was never discussed until his interview.

Rock'Em Sock'Em Jones

Star
Registered
The problem with that Dame interview (and why I couldn't really take it serious) is that it was obvious that Dame was getting overly emotional and illogical to the point that he started to tune out the opposing side of the discussion. He stopped listening and was just waiting for his time to talk and trying to talk over everyone.

It was like arguing with a woman when she becomes more focused on getting her point out (regardless if it makes sense or not) then actually having a logical discussion and reaching a logical conclusion.

Ironically, he stated that he surrounds himself with women so maybe he's used to interacting that way. :lol:

brando154110

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It wasnt everyone's interpretation, it was Envy & Charlamagnes. There are plenty of people who saw Dame's words for what they were and didnt get butthurt. And many of those people go to a job everyday. They took it as motivation, hence his channel being called "Hip Hop Motivation". Dame has videos from last summer where he speaks on this at length and it doesnt differentiate from what he said on the Breakfast Club.

And chances are the majority of their income comes from that 9 to 5, not their side hustle of renting out properties. I also know people who own hair salons, work at others, and DO call themselves a boss. The point is, too many black folks use the "I dont have start up capital" excuse to stay at their shitty jobs. Even on this board when this discussion popped off, that was the biggest reason people said they didnt want to go in business for themselves. They think owning a physical store is the only way into ownership and not investing. Dr. Boyce, a financial professor has discussed this at length as well.

Dame was in his 20's and 30's when he said those things. He's 43 now. He's also poured champagne on women in rap videos back then, and today he says he tells his son that dude was an idiot, dont be like him, be like how I am today. So there's growth there. I'm sure you said and did things in your 20's and 30's that you probably wouldnt echo today. Only difference is, you werent in the public eye. Your statement also highlights black people's mentality to hold grudges with black businessmen for the most trivial of reasons, but forgive CAC corporations no problem. A lot of the white businesses Im sure you patronize have said and done a lot worse to black folks, but I doubt you'd give them up or hold a grudge. Self hate isnt helping us family. Dame has been coming together with black men (Kanye, Beans, Lee Daniels, Puff, etc) setting aside differences the last few months and yall wanna bash the man. Sad. Dame also spends almost all of his money on films and businesses and is able to live a lavish lifestyle 99% of people on BGOL dont. I'd say he's doing ok.

The problem is the emperor still got his clothes. Yall waiting for him to fall off, but he hasnt. 2 weeks ago a thread popped up about an arrest warrant. Dame still aint in jail and just released a new trailer for a movie. Cats hotlink his child support issues to slam him, when prolly half of BGOL goin thru the same thing and can relate. Cats say he's an idiot but watch every vid he drops. :lol:

Dame is only trying to come together with other black men because he's not rich like he once was and needs them more than they need him....

You talk about not using the white mans goods... How about you step away from that computer or cellphone you're using to type this BS on. The car you drive, the bank you use, you know the white man you pay your money to to keep your lights on, car running, heat on, food in your mouth etc.....

WestIndianArchie

Rising Star
Registered
Sad. People of color fighting hard for the message to be that its ok to work for other people. Dont start a business says people of color on the radio. Smh.we lost.

tuckdog

Rising Star
Registered
Changes in one's situation, will lead to changes in one's philosophy.

I thought that's what he was saying all along. I've heard him say this before the BC interview. I think he just went extra hard on the having a boss thing in that interview in particular as a shot at Envy and Chatty Patty.