Music Debate: Outkast - Speakerboxxx vs. The Love Below: WHICH WAS A BETTER ALBUM???

Which was the BETTER ALBUM???

• Total voters

hawaiianbreeze37

wannabe star
Registered
Speakerboxx was the better rap album because big boi actually rapped on it.

Didn't care for Love Below...Andre is a magnificent rapper...but he had like one rapping track on the album.

Shit was hot garbage.

If I want some experimental R/B...I will by a singer's album.

CPT Callamity

Titty Feelin Villain
BGOL Investor
I would still listen to Love Below only because it was as off kilter now as it was then.
Big Boi IS slept on...
Matter of fact his album "Sir Lucious Leftfoot" was actually pretty damned decent but got no production. The album after that was aight. He can hold his own as long as he has the right production.

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
The Love Below

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/c15QgtYqknA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/R_toHjogc_s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uqhJfjbNuQg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lowlite

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Love Below. Im a kast fan so I liked them both. SB was more of what I've come to expect from BB, but TLB was so unexpected/refreshing with those beats that I liked it better. Am I the only one who likes this song though?

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
The Love Below. Im a kast fan so I liked them both. SB was more of what I've come to expect from BB, but TLB was so unexpected/refreshing with those beats that I liked it better. Am I the only one who likes this song though?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yyrpTNzclU0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That whole album is fire

fwillia

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Peace,

Really?

:dunno: Although enjoyable, I've always felt is was a relatively overrated album.

Yea, man.

I was 17 at the time, and hadn't yet gotten into any of the music that influenced The Love Below, so for me that album was a game-changer.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Peace,

Really?

:dunno: Although enjoyable, I've always felt is was a relatively overrated album.

that's the whole reason for the thread

I think listening to it NOW?

and honestly even THEN I didn't think it was the classic people said it was...

but it was dope and different and in looking at the current music out?

That is classic material.

Last edited:

LennyNero1972

Sleeping Deity.
BGOL Investor
Dammit I voted for the wrong one but my fave was The Love Below hands down Big Boi's album was solid but Three Stacks had me hooked from the jump.:D:yes::cool:

shamone

Rising Star
OG Investor
when i first brought it, i put dre disc in and started listening. i threw that shit across the room. i wasn't ready. i read the article in the xxl saying its 85% singing. i didn't believe it. once realization set in that one of the dopest rappers wasn't rapping, i got into the album. dope shit. precursor to what childish gambino is doing. both digging from the parliament funk / prince pool.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
that;s the whole reason for the thread I think listening to tit NOW?

and honestly even THEN I didn't think it was the classic people said it was...but it was dope and different and in looking at the current music out?

That is classic material.
Love Below vs any Drake Album?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Love Below vs any Drake Album?

The Love Below was the f*cking blueprint for damn near all of Drake and Kanye and B.o.b. and Chance, etc.

We could make a thread of how ridiculously influence 3 Stacks is to the modern era of music

And how for ALL his hits?

Outside of mixtapes?

Drake hasn't had ONE truly classic album yet?

Thoughts?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Garbage. I felt like the only kat in the world, especially when I was at WSSU that thought and still think this album is garbage.

Outkast-speakerboxx-lovebelow.jpg

I didn't like Big Boy's half.

the-negro-community-frowns-upon-you.jpg

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
......coming out of the lurker's dungeon...

The truth is, neither album would have had commercial success without the other. For those not in the know, that was the original plan, releasing the albums as solo projects separately. However, L.A. Reid shut that down and forced Outkast to release the projects as a double album.

Personally? I love both albums for different reasons. Speakerboxxx has arguably Cee Lo's best verse. And yes, Cee Lo is one of the most underrated and slept on MCs in hip hop history.

Listen to this and thank me later.

........heading back into the lurker's dungeon.